• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Favorite detail of the Daunte story so far: Foot Locker gave $200 million to BLM so their organizers can buy mansions, and in return the Foot Locker was the very first place reported hit by looters.

I know this was a negligent shooting but everything about this Daunte character has already convinced me that nothing of value was lost. Social media is all guns, cash, and thug ****, he was wanted on felony aggravated robbery and a host of other crimes, was driving an unregistered car, and tried to initiate a high speed chase to escape arrest. Violent delights have violent ends, he was dying at the end of somebody's gun sooner or later.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Favorite detail of the Daunte story so far: Foot Locker gave $200 million to BLM so their organizers can buy mansions, and in return the Foot Locker was the very first place reported hit by looters.
    Bravo.gif

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I thought OJ was guilty. I didn’t think they had proven his guilt. I thought Zimmerman was guilty. I didn’t think they proved his guilt either. It seems to me, that whenever a trial goes against what people want to believe, the verdict was arrived due to corrupt motives.
    In Zimmermann case I can see both sides. However, having you head slammed into a concrete curb, then having the mental ability to grab your handgun and fire it effectively takes some doing.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A story about a man saving a freezing snake comes to mind.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I know this was a negligent shooting but everything about this Daunte character has already convinced me that nothing of value was lost. Social media is all guns, cash, and thug ****, he was wanted on felony aggravated robbery and a host of other crimes, was driving an unregistered car, and tried to initiate a high speed chase to escape arrest. Violent delights have violent ends, he was dying at the end of somebody's gun sooner or later.
    None of this is relevant. None. You saw him with guns on social media? That’s problematic for you? Interesting.
    He had money? Oh noes.
    “Thug ****”? Like?
    He was wanted on felony robbery? That means he wasn’t convicted.
    He was driving an unregistered car? The horror.

Your post does nothing but evade the issue, and attempt to justify the death based on peripheral factors. You might as well say you have no issue denying people of due process, before they are killed, just as long as you have a negative opinion of them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    None of this is relevant. None. You saw him with guns on social media? That’s problematic for you? Interesting.
    He had money? Oh noes.
    “Thug ****”? Like?

Your post does nothing but evade the issue, and attempt to justify the death based on peripheral factors. You might as well say you have no issue denying people of due process, before they are killed, just as long as you have a negative opinion of them.
    I have no problem denying people due process when they themselves deny it. Resisting lawful arrest is denying due process.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    He had money? Oh noes.
    “Thug ****”? Like?

I said it was a negligent shooting. Me being personally okay with their exit from this mortal coil doesn't mean that it wasn't the result of a mistake. It clearly was, and a rather extreme mistake IMO. Deploying lethal when you meant to deploy non-lethal is about as big of a police screwup as it gets.

Even though use of lethal force was justified under the fleeing felon rule to apprehend a wanted felon and prevent a dangerous high-speed chase, that's not why the officer fired. They fired because they screwed up, and even if society is net better off as a result of that mistake, it's still a mistake and the officer in question still needs to be held responsible for it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He had money? Oh noes.
    “Thug ****”? Like?

I said it was a negligent shooting. Me being personally okay with their exit from this mortal coil doesn't mean that it wasn't the result of a mistake. It clearly was, and a rather extreme mistake IMO. Deploying lethal when you meant to deploy non-lethal is about as big of a police screwup as it gets.

Even though use of lethal force was justified under the fleeing felon rule to apprehend a wanted felon and prevent a dangerous high-speed chase, that's not why the officer fired. They fired because they screwed up, and even if society is net better off as a result of that mistake, it's still a mistake and the officer in question still needs to be held responsible for it.
    I can put these two posts together and say that you are both right. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

FL is not the least bit upset, they got their deal they wanted, inoculation from any kind of accusations...

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pathology expert now testifying that the drugs reduced amount of o2 in his system. Died of arterial clogging during the restraint.

The bonfires are gonna get wild.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Manslaughter charges just brought against Kim Potter the officer who shot the suspect instead of deploying a taser.
    Fits a lot better than Chauvin's murder charges IMO.

Always allow for new and updated information later, but the mistake seems pretty clear-cut.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Fits a lot better than Chauvin's murder charges IMO.

Always allow for new and updated information later, but the mistake seems pretty clear-cut.
    Manslaughter let’s them put cuffs on right now. News is reporting that charges could get raised to murder 3

Real question is how much longer does the thin blue line hold up in Minnesota? I’ve heard lots of threats of a blue flu but Have seen no follow through.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Pathology expert now testifying that the drugs reduced amount of o2 in his system. Died of arterial clogging during the restraint.

The bonfires are gonna get wild.
    So instead of "I can't breath" the chants will be "I can't bleed"?

So the restraint is still being tangentially related to death, just blood flow instead of air flow?

RIOTS: hope there will be a Riot Only thread (rather than intermixed with verdict analysis) once the verdict is reached. I relied on INGO last summer to monitor the marshmallow roasting areas and where to avoid. Unless they march Chauvin out following the verdict and hang him on the courthouse steps there will be riots.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So instead of "I can't breath" the chants will be "I can't bleed"?

So the restraint is still being tangentially related to death, just blood flow instead of air flow?

RIOTS: hope there will be a Riot Only thread (rather than intermixed with verdict analysis) once the verdict is reached. I relied on INGO last summer to monitor the marshmallow roasting areas and where to avoid. Unless they march Chauvin out following the verdict and hang him on the courthouse steps there will be riots.
    FIFY

Top Bottom