• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I believe the 2nd Amendment says shall not be infringed.

If a person is a murderer, or so violent that they should not own a firearm they should be hung by the neck until dead or put to hard labor for the rest of their lives. As for those who do serve their full sentence in prison once out they should have their rights restores.
    I do not believe in parole system at all.
    I don't have any problem with this. Their victims had rights too. If someone abuses the rights they had and completely ignores the rights of their victims, they have shown that they do not respect the entire system of rights in the first place. They should forfeit what they have abused and ignored and/or be removed from the society they **** on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, back to the case...

His testimony did not help all that much in the end. All that buildup on what all could have contributed to Floyd’s death and the punchline is, uh. Idunno :dunno:

If anything the defense witness contributed to the eggshell precedent. Not that I think Chauvin was going to be acquitted anyway, but by trying to throw more doubt into the mix the expert witness justified the restraint as a potential cause of death.
    The prosecution basically destroyed Dr Fowler. Not by destroying his credibility, but by helping the prosecution’s case. It helps their case that they got Fowler to say that if he’d have received the proper medical care in time he could have survived. So I do not think this was a great day for the defense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Restraining orders are essentially “do not harass” reminders.
    No. Restraining orders serve the purpose of giving law enforcement something they can do, doesn’t it? People are generally free to be just about anywhere they want to be. You’re at a game and your harasser has as much right as you do to be there. Even sit right next to you. A restraining order gives police something they can do. If there’s a restraining order against someone, similar to an Emergency Protective Order, police can arrest the person for violating the order. Without it. You just have to put up with the harassment, or take it into your own hands, and then run afoul of the law yourself. The latter does seem more satisfying though.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    From the trial today. The State ran a blood test on George Floyd under a fake name and then didn't disclose the results to the defense until the last day of testimony after the defense rested? Is that really what happened?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    From the trial today. The State ran a blood test on George Floyd under a fake name and then didn't disclose the results to the defense until the last day of testimony after the defense rested? Is that really what happened?
    Kinda...about carbon monoxide and it won't be allowed in.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Standard "fun with rebuttal". Seldom works.

The prosecutions claim was that the defense expert mentioned carbon monoxide and the medical examiner who did the autopsy then notified them that he had carbon monoxide test results and that's the first they learned of it. I'm going to call that implausible.

Rebuttal is only for evidence you did not address in your case in chief and could not anticipate. If you have it and believe it could be useful, it has to be presented in the case in chief. Oh yeah, and the "surprise" thing- frowned upon, especially in criminal cases.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Resuscitation attempts with pure O2...which makes the O2 sat. irrelevant for all purposes.

That entirely depends on if his heart was working when he was being fed pure O2.

If blood wasn't pumping, you could push all the oxygen into the lungs you want, and it wouldn't get into the blood. I don't know if his heart was still working.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That entirely depends on if his heart was working when he was being fed pure O2.

If blood wasn't pumping, you could push all the oxygen into the lungs you want, and it wouldn't get into the blood. I don't know if his heart was still working.
    Agreed it depends upon circulation of blood, not necessarily whether his heart was pumping, though

From the autopsy report:

Medical Interventions:

- Oral endotracheal tube, correctly positioned in the trachea and held in place on the face with a white and tan plastic and elastic band
    - Thoracostomy incision (3.6 cm maximum dimension, somewhat ragged and V-shaped), right lateral chest (approximately six superficial punctures and cuts, ranging from pinpoint to 1.5 cm long, are adjacent to the thoracostomy)
    - Thoracostomy incision (3.9 cm long, somewhat ragged and linear), left lateral chest (a pinpoint cut or puncture is just inferior to the thoracostomy)
    - Curvilinear orange abrasions centered over the sternum (10 cm maximum dimension aggregate), consistent with cardiopulmonary resuscitation...
    ...- Minimally hemorrhagic horizontal fracture in the sternum, consistent with cardiopulmonary resuscitation
    - Non-hemorrhagic fracture of the anterior left 4th rib, consistent with cardiopulmonary resuscitation

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    O2 saturations will look normal in CO overdoses. I never put oximetry on a cardiac arrest unless I got pulses back. It would be interesting to see what the capnography was after the advanced airway was placed.

Top Bottom