• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay. I guess I have gotten too used to the TWD skulls where a good stuck shoves right through.

Yeah, eventually a stern finger point from a determined individual should do the job!

That and the fact that the knife he was using looked liked a disposable plastic food knife. The kid needs to set his game up! Call Knife Lady and get a damn ESEE 5 or call Brad a get a Medford Pretorian! Those will penetrate!

An excellent point!

Get it? POINT. See what I did there? I crack me up.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    So, I don't have AMC anymore. I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying the new season of walking dead they VUDU with my Roku. But is the Fear the walking dead worth buying?

Not as of now in my opinion, wait for did, then rent, borrow or buy from bargain bin. I'd be severely pissed if I dropped $40 on this so far.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    THIS ^! Also , WTH is up with wait two weeks and we'll be back crap ?

The dad needs his ass kicked for hunkering down instead of getting back .

I disagree. Things were getting ugly real fast, and he had 2 people with "iffy" defensive skills. He was under the belief that his neighborhood, at least, was safe. I think his choice was reasonable, because in many civil unrests that begin downtown, they rarely move to the 'burbs.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not as of now in my opinion, wait for did, then rent, borrow or buy from bargain bin. I'd be severely pissed if I dropped $40 on this so far.

It's only 6 episodes too. But I think next episode, people that don't have AMC will wish they had.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ...I'm not sure we are in a much better situation now. When Ebola was getting all of the attention, there was a doc in Indy who used the opportunity to admit the hospitals are not ready for a serious influenza outbreak. It's too many sick people too fast, and not enough people that will want to go to work to take care of them. At best, you'd have to abandon most other medical care in order to care for all of the flu patients.

I was looking at case mortality rates recently. Case mortality refers to the # of people who die within the number that are affected. (as opposed to mortality rate, which is the # that die within the population). Typical "case mortality" of our influenza outbreaks is about 0.25%. The Spanish flu epidemic of 1918 was about 2.5%.
    This year's canine flu (the first severe canine flu we've ever seen in this country) had a 5% case fatality rate. An avian influenza virus had a near-100% case fatality rate. Those viruses are both the type that could potentially mutate/join with other influenza viruses and eventually infect humans (that virus formation usually happens in Asia due to living conditions there). The poultry fatality rate is of course severe because the poultry live in terrible conditions of cramped housing. But those dogs that were tested are all dogs that have owners willing to seek out and pay for medical care. And IME the kind of pet that gets health care is often living in a better environment than much of our human population.

So.... I'm just sayin.... a really severe flu outbreak that we can't handle with our healthcare system is a realistic possibility.

but back to the show....

Without watching it again..... I just assumed they put it in the car and she left it with the kid when she dropped him off. But maybe I'm misremembering their exit details.

To give 100% full credit to my local government Allen County Health Department they have had a flier for years on what to do in a major flu pandemic. They state up front without beating around the bush that you will probably be on your own, at least for a time! They tell the people of Allen County that hospitals and doctors offices will be overwhelmed, that there will not be a room for you, and that people need to prepare (YES - PREPARE!) to have [STRIKE]several days[/STRIKE]two (2) weeks of food and water stored along with basic medicine to take care of yourselves until the infrastructure can expand and cope. I really appreciated seeing this yet I cannot help but wonder how many nannystater's out there just presume the exact opposite of what their own health department is saying?

This link Pandemic | Ready.gov is right on the Allen County Board of Health's website. It appears to be generic so perhaps other counties or states link to it. The FIRST thing it tells people to prepare for a pandemic is "Store a two (2) week supply of water and food." This from the government. Here is the page that links to all major threats: Stay Informed | Fort Wayne Allen County Department of Health

So the question is: who is telling us the health care system can handle it when my board of health is admitting they won't? I think many politicians and leaders want to avoid a panic for many good reasons, but they use this excuse as an all inclusive response to all bad news. People who are most and best informed respond the best and don't panic, so long as they know the information they are getting is trustworthy and they can make reasonable choices. This was also proven during the Spanish Influenza pandemic by the two (2) cities in the US that ignored the Fed AND Red Cross. Those cities newspapers gave the best information they could and their citizens experienced less fatalities due to their knowledge and understanding of what to do and how to respond when a family member got ill.

I wonder how I would respond to such a crisis. If I believe I "know" something this insane is actually happening how can I convince my family and friends to respond without sounding like I've lost my mind? Leave your job, get out of town, stock up on EVERYTHING, and run for the hills - on my word alone.

I also don't think mom is being unreasonable! (This is directed at everyone, not dusty88). If we think about the entire trend of our history shows that crises such as this are at worst, a minor event. The Spanish Influenza pandamic came and went (and most people don't even know about it today). Swine flu never really did anything. Avian flu was overhyped. Legionaries disease came and went. Ebola burned hot, fast and went away. We killed Polio. So it isn't unreasonable at all to believe that we can and will manage this "flu" outbreak as well as those. It is only by the grace of being on the right side of the television screen do we have the arrogance to presume that mom is being unrealistic.

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This show is going way too slow

Not much on foreplay??

11 SEP 2015!

Z Nation: Season Two is Coming ? Z Nation ? Watch | Syfy

It kind of looked like he tried to stab the principal zombie in the head, but it glanced off. I didn't get a good look, though.

Just asking cause Z Nation dropped off On Demand.

Intact, human skulls are difficult to penetrate, especially if the angle of attack isn't normal to the point of impact. Fresh zombies would have tougher skulls than the puny resistance offered by the rotting skulls o the zombies we love from TWD!

Okay. I guess I have gotten too used to the TWD skulls where a good stuck shoves right through.

TWD skulls are so easy, cause they're decayed. I think.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I never have been fond of zombie stuff, but I'm bulling through this one. A fair amount of decent actors including the hooker from Deadwood and SOA. :thatshot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The show had me at "hooker from Deadwood"....

Kim-Dickens-Fear-the-Walking-Dead.gif

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I never have been fond of zombie stuff, but I'm bulling through this one. A fair amount of decent actors including the hooker from Deadwood and SOA. :thatshot:

The show had me at "hooker from Deadwood"....

"The hooker" from Deadwood or Sons of Anarchy is . . . not specific! HAHA! Until Burl posted the photo.

Three guesses as to who said, "She played the madam of the whorehouse on Sons of Anarchy" during Sunday's show to the Boss of Him?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    "The hooker" from Deadwood or Sons of Anarchy is . . . not specific! HAHA! Until Burl posted the photo.

Three guesses as to who said, "She played the madam of the whorehouse on Sons of Anarchy" during Sunday's show to the Boss of Him?

You got it right. Actually she wasn't a hooker, but a madam in both shows. Lesbian madam in Deadwood.

Top Bottom