• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I was fully expecting the guy that flatlined in the hospital next to the junkie kid to go full zombie, and then attack the still tied down kid.......... and then the nurse untied one arm and ruined my dream.

No kidding. You can just see it coming, can't you? All the people around that loser are going to end up sacrificing themselves to keep his worthless *** alive and us viewers will be stuck with him forever.

That Johnny Depp wannabe is a big part of my "I don't care" attitude toward the characters we've seen so far.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    IMHO, they need some more back story, as well as scenes from inside the gov (NIH, CDC, etc.) as they try to get a grasp of what's going on in the other states. Also (if they aren't going this route), I'd like to see events in several cities, not just LA. There's got to be some place out west, waaay off the main highways, where everything just went dark and anyone who left town to investigate didn't come back. That would be quite unsettling for those left behind!!!

Watch the movie, "Contagion", for what a more realistic - though non-zombie - pandemic might look like.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    IMHO, they need some more back story, as well as scenes from inside the gov (NIH, CDC, etc.) as they try to get a grasp of what's going on in the other states. Also (if they aren't going this route), I'd like to see events in several cities, not just LA. There's got to be some place out west, waaay off the main highways, where everything just went dark and anyone who left town to investigate didn't come back. That would be quite unsettling for those left behind!!!

Watch the movie, "Contagion", for what a more realistic - though non-zombie - pandemic might look like.

I don't think they're going to do this. I think they want a "normal, average man-on-the-street" viewpoint, so that people don't know what is happening or who to believe. They want us to connect/bond with a small group of characters who are trying to survive a seemingly unimaginable event. This way we can "understand" it more.

This also allows them to meet new character in the future who were there. Folks who escaped from Detroit or Toronto and tell a story to enlighten all of us at the same time. I also think that if they go for too big of a picture people won't understand how little control there is from the top down. Folks on the ground reacting and perceiving data from a very narrow perspective versus those at the top getting a broad brush without knowing who is most accurate for the overall picture. This kindof reminds me of The Last Ship, when the get home and raid the White House I think. They find an electronic message and paperwork telling them here are the codes to the "new network" of locations to spread the cure, so they just go with it. It is never explained what happened to the olde network or why a new network was needed, only that someone, somewhere made a decision and voila! A new network is sprung out of nowhere.

I liked Contagion. It did show some behind the scenes methodology of how the CDC/.gov would react to a major threat. The characters were overall good if I recall correctly.

A very good book to read is The Great Influenza Pandemic. It covers a lot of government, medical, and history of disease. It seemed like one problem was that everyone in the house would get sick at once and be too weak to move, so whole houses of parents and children just died due to lack of extremely basic care. No food, water or bathing for days combined with the flu and people just died. We normally don't think of situations like that happening, and they don't, but they did in 1917 - 1918.

Regards,

Doug

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm not one to watch TV series, but I just started watching this one on On Demand. We'll see if it holds my attention. I'm 10 minutes in.

Ok, I couldn't get beyond about 50 minutes. Slow and boring. I'll check in here to see if it gets interesting, but I don't have the patience for this show.

First episodes are supposed to grab your attention, then start to suck later. This one sucks from the start.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    As it looks like this show may well garner much discussion I thought I would start this little thread.

I was just thinking, there should be a top ten (10) list of events that are more likely to occur on Fear the Walking Dead as compared to the original Walking Dead.

So here they are, just to have some fun.

#1) More likely to see a zombie decapitated with a surf board;
    #2) More likely to see a zombie with a BAD case of crabs;
    #3) More likely to see a zombie stopped by boarder patrol checking for their "green" card;
    #4) More likely to see a stoned, happy zombie;
    #5) More likely to see a zombie with a good tan;
    #6) More likely to see zombie gangs fighting one another instead of eating people;
    #8) More likely to see a vegan zombie;
    #9) More likely to see a Bill Murray as a zombie;
    #10) More likely to see zombies in bikinis!

End of line.

Doug

More likely to see people reloading after a 10rnd magazine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Ok, I couldn't get beyond about 50 minutes. Slow and boring. I'll check in here to see if it gets interesting, but I don't have the patience for this show.

First episodes are supposed to grab your attention, then start to suck later. This one sucks from the start.
    If I didn't have TWD in my head I might agree. But with that tension of knowing where we are going, I thought it was pretty good.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Hey, for those interested, there is a pretty good book on Amazon right now for 99 cents by Nick Cole: The End of the World as We Knew It.

As a matter of full disclosure, Nick is a friend. He's also a very fine writer. This book is about Zombies, but written from the perspective of a couple of people (and a few others necessary for the tale) through a journal and a series of recordings. It covers the same ground we are familiar with, but it is written in a different way, with a very good ending.

What the heck. For 99 cents, you can't even get a Big Gulp that is flushed through your system in an hour or so. It's worth the risk for zombie book lovers.

AJEVI

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Yeah I kind of have to agree with everyone here. It was alright, but nothing to write home about. The pacing was a bit too slow and while the case was O.K., it doesn't feel like they will be able to hold a candle to the original cast. Of course its too early to call it, but hopefully the next episode is more intriguing.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I think the guidance counselor has a hidden prepper mindset. Did you notice sh didn't get her purse looked into by school security and had more than a hi to say to the guard. Body language and inflection Looked and sounded like she was thinking"frank is cool with me carying" . She knew how to approach the kid after he set off the metal detector and had her hand in her purse right up to the point she figured he didn't have a gun as if she did have one. Also they made a point to write in her saying I think I know what is going on when everyone else was stating that they didn't have a clue.
    Of course she got bit so they might kill off the only one with a. Intact ooda loop and an open mind in the second episode?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Of course she ALMOST got bit so they might kill off the only one with a. Intact ooda loop and an open mind in the second episode?

FTFY

zombie drug dealer went for the bite and Travis pushed him off.

Last weeks is on now... It's actually better on the second viewing.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm also rewatching the first one. So far can't find anything I missed.
    But ***m that Geico kraken commercial is funny!

Top Bottom