• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    An interesting take on the dead Nick event.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ing-fear-the-walking-dead-death/#64a2e3ba4656

I also believe the show will really suffer without him. I liked him, not as much as Glen, but I liked him. I was rooting for the junkie underdog to overcome his struggle and thrive in a world that perhaps was made for someone just like him.

Alas, it is not to be. Madison is a strong character, but she hasn't been as likable. Alicia has been growing as a character, but until now in the background. Victor is kindof interesting to me, but doesn't draw me like Nicks character did. Strand has had his own thing, separate from the family.

I also hate this happening as Morgan came in. It's like Morgan is replacing Nick. Regarding Morgan I wish he had never transitioned AT ALL! Or if so, they would have waited a year or two. This fast forwarding of FTWD just so the Morgan timeline would match is a load of bantha poodoo.

On a side note the reasoning for killing Carl as mentioned, if true, really ticks me off. "...in order to boost ratings..." Really!?!:faint:

Had been liking FTWD. Like the cowboy. Like the reporter, but overall the show just took a major hit.

Regards,

Doug

I like him too... actually more than Glen. He actually had a character arc.... and it could've kept going.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    FTWD, is certainly superior to TWD, and I'm glad the Morgan character switched over. TWD has kinda gotten cartoonish, while FTWD is serious business, lol.

Yep....Very well done show...And it's neat seeing "Dharma" from "Dharma and Greg" actin on the small screen again...In a character totally unlike her Dharma character...Strand is shaping up to be one of the most complex characters I've ever witnessed on the small screen...It's funny every episode I go from hating him to loving him and I am like "How TF did he pull that off????" Easy...He can act...

I think Madison is dead.....I hope not but I fear it to be so....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep....Very well done show...And it's neat seeing "Dharma" from "Dharma and Greg" actin on the small screen again...In a character totally unlike her Dharma character...Strand is shaping up to be one of the most complex characters I've ever witnessed on the small screen...It's funny every episode I go from hating him to loving him and I am like "How TF did he pull that off????" Easy...He can act...

I think Madison is dead.....I hope not but I fear it to be so....

I agree with that. He's always been self-serving, and when he was about to leave... he looked in his backseat, and saw that bootle of liquor, and thought of Madison.... his drinking buddy.
    Yeah Madison might be dead, FTWD has done an excellent job with switching between the present and flashbacks. I hadn't realized, that the first episode with Morgan, the Cowboy, and cute SWAT truck girl actually occurred after everything that happened at the baseball field. At first I though the group from Madison's survivors were just a scavenging crew... and I was like "why are they acting like raiders," now, in retrospect and thinking how desperate they looked when they "shanghaied" the truck, it all makes sense.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Some of the tactics, or lack there-of, are carrying over from TWD.

When they waded through the pool of walkers to climb up the water slide...they didn't just stand on the edge and take them out one at a time? Instead, they take their chances fighting them off in the water. No thanks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Some of the tactics, or lack there-of, are carrying over from TWD.

When they waded through the pool of walkers to climb up the water slide...they didn't just stand on the edge and take them out one at a time? Instead, they take their chances fighting them off in the water. No thanks.

That's not good TV. Some things we do kinda have to allow. I mean, in a world full of slow moving, dumb zombie, how in the world did they take over? Once you figured out you kill the brain - you kill the zombie, and that everyone turns after they die, clearing the world of them would be short work.... but those fast moving "28 Days Later" Zombies, we're screwed.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah Madison might be dead, FTWD has done an excellent job with switching between the present and flashbacks. I hadn't realized, that the first episode with Morgan, the Cowboy, and cute SWAT truck girl actually occurred after everything that happened at the baseball field. At first I though the group from Madison's survivors were just a scavenging crew... and I was like "why are they acting like raiders," now, in retrospect and thinking how desperate they looked when they "shanghaied" the truck, it all makes sense.

The writing on this season of FTWD has been the best writing I've seen from either show...Period.....You're right....Present and flashbacks are tough to do and this has been seamless.....I hope Madison is not gone and I hope the big guns in the MRAP play a part in getting some revenge if she is gone....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    That's not good TV. Some things we do kinda have to allow. I mean, in a world full of slow moving, dumb zombie, how in the world did they take over? Once you figured out you kill the brain - you kill the zombie, and that everyone turns after they die, clearing the world of them would be short work.... but those fast moving "28 Days Later" Zombies, we're screwed.

Yeah, I know. It just gets old after a while seeing the same "mistakes" over and over.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The writing on this season of FTWD has been the best writing I've seen from either show...Period.....You're right....Present and flashbacks are tough to do and this has been seamless.....I hope Madison is not gone and I hope the big guns in the MRAP play a part in getting some revenge if she is gone....

Well, there are a LOT of characters on FTWD right now, so they probably need to thin the herd. Morgan, stays... but I think at some point he's a goner. Cowboy and Strand stay, as well as the daughter. The sexy Latina idk, but I think she will be around. Madison, might stay, she might go... I'm betting that she will probably stay, since the only thing keep Strand around, is his loyalty to her. If she goes, he might hit the road too.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think last night's episode was one of my favorites since the beginning of the walking dead series, hands down. That was the first episode where I told myself hey, this is what I would be doing! Loved it!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think last night's episode was one of my favorites since the beginning of the walking dead series, hands down. That was the first episode where I told myself hey, this is what I would be doing! Loved it!

Yeah, it was great. guy had himself a good set-up. Odd that he didn't take the time to fix that bridge the right way. Hs "moat" should've been wider and deeper though.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have AMC again and I decided to give FTWD another chance (again). It sucks a lot less than it used to suck, but it's still not anywhere near as good as TWD.

It was good to see one of the more irritating characters get eliminated a couple of weeks ago (the Johnny Depp-alike).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why were the walkers so adamant about going through the hole on the bridge?

That's what I wondered. It didn't make any sense. One thing I though of, and t his is the first time I've though this, but J. Dorie (like the fish, but "ie") could carry a whole show by himself. He's probably the best legitimate actor after the guy who plays Morgan. He obviously survived this long, and has kept a good soul (unlike Rick). It would be interesting to see him "Gump" his way across the Zombie Apocalypse.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    That's what I wondered. It didn't make any sense. One thing I though of, and t his is the first time I've though this, but J. Dorie (like the fish, but "ie") could carry a whole show by himself. He's probably the best legitimate actor after the guy who plays Morgan. He obviously survived this long, and has kept a good soul (unlike Rick). It would be interesting to see him "Gump" his way across the Zombie Apocalypse.

I agree, I am fascinated by his story and thought process!!

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

Well.....maybe not.

Top Bottom