• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The happy ending this week was very anticlimactic. Previews look good for next week, though.

Now, I'm confident that FTWD is the superior show. The characters are so much more complex, the dilemmas more realistic, and the story really well written. I think the fact that FTWD does have to follow along the lines of the comic story, I think really helps it out.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Now, I'm confident that FTWD is the superior show. The characters are so much more complex, the dilemmas more realistic, and the story really well written. I think the fact that FTWD does have to follow along the lines of the comic story, I think really helps it out.

Yeah, I tend to agree.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, I tend to agree.

Thestory surrounding the dam is much more interesting IMO, than the camp. When Rico Suave ran the damn, he kept things in order. You threaten his power, and he dealt with you in a fairly brutal manner. Now that bleeding heart Sonorita is in charge, the people detect her weakness, and are giving her problems. I predict that she will realize her error, and get tougher. Well hopefully.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Now, I'm confident that FTWD is the superior show. The characters are so much more complex, the dilemmas more realistic, and the story really well written. I think the fact that FTWD does (not) have to follow along the lines of the comic story, I think really helps it out.

I'll tell you Kut....It's as fine a show as is on TV....

Victor Strand may be the most complex and interesting character to come on TV in a while...To me the turning point was his conversation with the cosmonaut and that was when we got a glimpse of who he really was (perhaps he did too...)....To create a character that seems to have no humanity or morals but to himself that FINDS his humanity at the END of humanity is right up there with Burgess Meredith breaking his glasses in the Twilight Zone episode "All the time in the world"....It's a Greek Tragedy played up against a backdrop of walking dead and a desert.....

I like when Daniel had his "Cat's in the Cradle" moment when the Indian (I mean Native American) told him of the job his daughter did poisoning the fighters at the ranch....You saw the sadness in his eyes and the realization that in spite of his best efforts, his daughter had, in fact, "grown up just like me...My girl was just like me...And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon..."

I like this show...My wife won't watch TWD but will not miss an episode of FWD.....

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If Rick (TWD) was on the ranch, the cowboys and Indians (Native Americans) would come together and just attack the dam and take it by force. Brokering a deal is a much more diplomatic and to me, realistic, approach.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Rick (TWD) was on the ranch, the cowboys and Indians (Native Americans) would come together and just attack the dam and take it by force. Brokering a deal is a much more diplomatic and to me, realistic, approach.

Yep, Rich has really become a different person. He's Shane.
    Now, from my understanding FTWD is behind TWD (obviously) but the creator say at some point it will catch up. Despite one group being in DC and the other in the SW, I cannot possibly see how a crossover doesn't happen at some point. And if the put in Clem from the Telltale games, the fanbase would go crazy.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. Rick Grimes. Greatest tactician since Sun Tzu.

b6786b393cdfd067560bb5bbc80b5681.jpg

Top Bottom