• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I haven't seen this yet, but in winter, it is simple for me. I wear a sweater with a good holster. Usually IWB, but OWB when my pants are too tight for IWB. I find a sweater is great and can conceal a G19 or my S&W M&P compact easily. Before security teams became a thing I carried in church for years, then when we started talking about it almost everyone was very surprised that I was strapped that whole time. No one knew. Our church is similar to what the OP said. Some of the elderly are extremely offended by guns in church. Mot that they are not right or wrong, I just don't want to upset people needlessly.
    In the summer it is usually an untucked shirt or I will use a tuckable holster. Actually, the draw from a tuckable holster is not a lot more complicated than from an untucked shirt, you just have to be way more assertive to be sure your shirt gets untucked.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I received my enigma yesterday. I got it together, and was carrying a shield in my jammy jams last night. So far, it’s promising.

I’ll post up my thoughts once I spend some time with it, but so far it’s a keeper.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If someone has a link to this discussion please post it. I searched but didn't see anything. We have passed a concealed carry policy at out church. Most people won't take advantage of this and that is fine. For others it won't change much. For me, as someone who has appendix carried for more than 10 years now it is going to be a change. As an elder at the church I can not dress how I would to make appendix carry viable. From what I can see the best course of action would basically be dress like a police detective. During the summer months this is probably going to be a bit uncomfortable but I get cold much easier than I get hot so it will be doable.

So is there anyone here who carries at church and dresses well? By that I mean no untucked shirts mainly. If so, give me a quick rundown of how you do it please? BTW, I will probably use OWB not IWB as I just got a bunch of dress pants that fit and really don't want to by a bunch more in a bigger size.
    P365 in Ankle Glove, Milt Sparks with tuckable clips for 1911 gets the job done.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Are you someone that always carry's a Bible? In Texas, after the shooting of 3 pastors in one summer, I felt it necessary to back up the security team. When you carry a thinline Bible in a full size study Bible cover there is enough room for a Beretta 96. The down side is that you can never leave your bible sitting anywhere.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    38 SA is a bit of a different animal. What I'm loading pushes a 130 grain RN in the 1288 to 1312fps range. Case has about 1/3 more capacity than 9x19
    I've had people laugh at .38 special claiming it's not a 'capable' round anymore...
    But yet when one watches what a standard pressure, 158 grain .38 special is capable of...especially when compared to a 9 x 19 round, they go "Whoa...didn't know it would do that?"
    How silly...the uneducated amongst us...buyin' into all that '9mm can do anything a .45 acp can do' crap....when it doesn't!
    Shucks, a good .38 will still out penetrate a 9mm round...and will pass through heavier barriers, including windshields, whereas many 9mm simply ricochet off because they're too light to go through!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I've had people laugh at .38 special claiming it's not a 'capable' round anymore...
    But yet when one watches what a standard pressure, 158 grain .38 special is capable of...especially when compared to a 9 x 19 round, they go "Whoa...didn't know it would do that?"
    How silly...the uneducated amongst us...buyin' into all that '9mm can do anything a .45 acp can do' crap....when it doesn't!
    Shucks, a good .38 will still out penetrate a 9mm round...and will pass through heavier barriers, including windshields, whereas many 9mm simply ricochet off because they're too light to go through!
    Yeah I never understood the understood the whole so and so caliber will only make them mad. But seriously I am not going to volunteer to stand dow range in front of a 22lr. I have shot a few 2x4’s from 30 yards and they put a nasty hole in them so there is that.

If people put as much effort in training as they do proclaiming this that or the other caliber is the one and only way that might be something. But then again it might be a bit boring.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Yeah I never understood the whole so and so caliber will only make them mad. But seriously I am not going to volunteer to stand down range in front of a 22lr. I have shot a few 2x4’s from 30 yards and they put a nasty hole in them so there is that.

If people put as much effort in training as they do proclaiming this that or the other caliber is the one and only way that might be something. But then again it might be a bit boring.
    Yup...a .22lr will put a hole in wood...and in other things as well!
    I've often said, shoot what you're comfortable with, practice with it consistently, and keep it with you daily!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I know this thread is old, and admittedly I did not read the whole thing…

Mike, what about a tuckable AIWB rig? I have the tuckable single loop AIWB holster from Henry, and it does a fine job of letting me carry a full-sized duty pistol in dress clothes. Clearing cover has to be a little more deliberate with a tucked shirt, but it’s worth it to keep the gun and carry position I’ve trained with.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I know this thread is old, and admittedly I did not read the whole thing…

Mike, what about a tuckable AIWB rig? I have the tuckable single loop AIWB holster from Henry, and it does a fine job of letting me carry a full-sized duty pistol in dress clothes. Clearing cover has to be a little more deliberate with a tucked shirt, but it’s worth it to keep the gun and carry position I’ve trained with.
    Thanks. I have actually at least temporarily stopped using AIWB due to some hip issues. It has been so long since I have carried any other way that it feels weird, but I am doing a lot of dry work again so it will be ok.

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    I use a pancake style Galco OWB, Kimber Pro Carry II, 45 acp. Coat n tie. Coat is unbuttoned, always, whether greeting at the door or sitting in the foyer in the sheep dog chair. XDS 45, weak side and 9mm ankle. that way my wife should be able to find at least one gun when she rolls by dead body out of the way. :)
    Just sweep the jacket and draw.
    One handed 4" group at 25 yards. I hope that will do the job.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Thanks. I have actually at least temporarily stopped using AIWB due to some hip issues. It has been so long since I have carried any other way that it feels weird, but I am doing a lot of dry work again so it will be ok.
    Not sure what hip issues you’re having but you may give the phlster enigma a look. I know the phrase game changer gets thrown around a lot but it’s the best way to carry independent of clothing/belts and is great for complete concealment in a suit.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom