• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    DeSantis record on 2A, as opposed to his 'stances', is inferior to my own governors record

We had constitutional carry 13 months before Florida did, and DeWine went against the FOP and big city mayors to do so
    Is your Govenor running for POTUS? I believe we are comparing DeSantis to Trump on the 2A issue. What your sweet Govenor has done is a moot point in the discussion.

if your Govenor was running for POTUS Trump would be way behind both of them on the 2A issue.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is your Govenor running for POTUS? I believe we are comparing DeSantis to Trump on the 2A issue. What your sweet Govenor has done is a moot point in the discussion.

if your Govenor was running for POTUS as well Trump would be way behind both of them on the 2A issue.
    I’d still be willing to negotiate a trade for Holcomb.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "GOA Florida State Director Luis Valdes said the organization appreciates the governor’s support on the matter."

What did Trump do? He supported the sweeping gun bill that Rick Scott signed which DeSantis was calling for a repeal of when he took office.. Seems to me that DeSantis was on the right side of this issue. Not Trump. Don't believe what Trump did was appreciated by any gun groups.

"Valdes said that in the end, it takes all pro-gun legislators plus the governor working together to protect the right to keep and bear arms in the Sunshine State."

Now do how much Trump was able to get done when he had both majorities. Way to show us how it was done Trump.
    You are displaying Kutsistency

Trump pulled out all the stops trying to keep his promise to build the wall, right down to moving appropriations over which he felt he had leeway to repurpose them to that project. But he is criticized because he 'didn't get it done', pure binary

Desantis pushed for a loosening of gun control as governor of a state controlled entirely by his party with super majorities, but he 'didn't get it done'.
    However, HE is not subject to the same judgement, suddenly instead of a binary we have nuance and explanation - mirror image of the two-tier system of justice at the national level

Trump talked about perhaps doing some things that conservatives, especially those concerned with 2A, didn't like. He didn't actually do those things but is castigating for even discussing them

DeSantis co-sponsored a bill in the house to give Puerto Rico statehood, a thing that conservatives didn't like, but is that held against him? No, because it didn't get done - and its explained away as some political ploy to grease a voting block important to him. Two-tier system

Either a candidate's entire history is and complete roster accomplishment is important to consider or it is not, that choice is not a spectrum or a continuum unless you think (not) your guy needs be held to different standards. If Trump saying 'grab them by the *****' more than 20 years ago is somehow germane to who he is today then anything that turns up about DeSantis should be treated the same way or drop the claims of impartiality because all I see is desperation

I notice when (not) your guy is treated like you've treated Trump for years, you get ****y pretty quickly

'It's not fair' [:sniff:]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "Valdes said the bill’s death can be directly attributed to Republican Senate President Kathleen Plastidome"

it's kind of hard to get something done when you are dealing with someone like this who was determined to let proposed legislation to repeal something that she was for expire.

“She has publicly stated that she's against legalizing open carry and against repealing the under 21 purchase ban,” he said. “Prior to this legislative session , she was even against ‘permit less’ carry, too.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You are displaying Kutsistency

Trump pulled out all the stops trying to keep his promise to build the wall, right down to moving appropriations over which he felt he had leeway to repurpose them to that project. But he is criticized because he 'didn't get it done', pure binary

Desantis pushed for a loosening of gun control as governor of a state controlled entirely by his party with super majorities, but he 'didn't get it done'.
    However, HE is not subject to the same judgement, suddenly instead of a binary we have nuance and explanation - mirror image of the two-tier system of justice at the national level

Trump talked about perhaps doing some things that conservatives, especially those concerned with 2A, didn't like. He didn't actually do those things but is castigating for even discussing them

DeSantis co-sponsored a bill in the house to give Puerto Rico statehood, a thing that conservatives didn't like, but is that held against him? No, because it didn't get done - and its explained away as some political ploy to grease a voting block important to him. Two-tier system

Either a candidate's entire history is and complete roster accomplishment is important to consider or it is not, that choice is not a spectrum or a continuum unless you think (not) your guy needs be held to different standards. If Trump saying 'grab them by the *****' more than 20 years ago is somehow germane to who he is today then anything that turns up about DeSantis should be treated the same way or drop the claims of impartiality because all I see is desperation

I notice when (not) your guy is treated like you've treated Trump for years, you get ****y pretty quickly

'It's not fair' [:sniff:]
    There you go again trying to avoid the focus of this discussion because it's a losing issue for Trump. (phfffft)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Newsom and his inquisitors rattling sabers over Desantis sending illegals to california, if I were DeSantis I would take the next plane to Sacramento, and standing on california soil look the tv cameras right in the eye and say, "Newsom, I am here."
    Newsome says what DeSantis did was "kidnapping" even though there was proof that they were going of their own free will and were happy and thankful that they were going. They didn't appear to be under duress. It's not like DeSantis was sending them to the gulag.

You would think that as Govenor of a sanctuary state the ungrateful cad would maybe show some gratitude for DeSantis helping them get there like the illegal immigrants did but noooo.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    you can't win on DeSantis v .Trump on this issue
    They "win" on every single issue, period. Any perceived weakness is actually a force acting against him, rather than a consequence of his actions. They are so detached from reality that there is literally nothing he could possibly ever do to lose anything. He didn't even lose the election. Its pointless and futile to have discussions with people who don't live in the same reality as you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They "win" on every single issue, period. Any perceived weakness is actually a force acting against him, rather than a consequence of his actions. They are so detached from reality that there is literally nothing he could possibly ever do to lose anything. He didn't even lose the election. Its pointless and futile to have discussions with people who don't live in the same reality as you.
    Everything Trump does is "perfect" Just as him. "Perfect" is his favorite word. At least
    I won't try to defend or shy away from DeSantis's imperfections like they do with Trump. To the contrary I've even pointed some of them out from time to time.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Talk talk talk.

What legislation did he propose? Pass?

It is a common strategy to say what others want to hear in negotiations…
    You can try to explain it away as you wish but I still see everything that I've posted as examples of being all over the map flip flopping around on the 2nd Amendment. No consistancy whatsoever depending on who he's talking to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Those that claim to be conservative and constantly complain about Trump ARE the problem. The good enough tool is in our hands and we have a bunch of compatriots trying to find the perfect tool. Got news for them, ain’t no perfect tools in the box.

The reason the left walks all over conservatives is, conservatives are weak as a group because they cannot function as a cohesive group. History taught us that just a small percentage actually fought in the Revolutionary war, and certainly below 50% actively supported it, the rest went along with whatever like the ferryman in Josey Wales. Seeing that play out now. Conservatives insist on a circular firing squad drill before every engagement with the left…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Newsome says what DeSantis did was "kidnapping" even though there was proof that they were going of their own free will and were happy and thankful that they were going. They didn't appear to be under duress. It's not like DeSantis was sending them to the gulag.

You would think that as Govenor of a sanctuary state the ungrateful cad would maybe show some gratitude for DeSantis helping them get there like the illegal immigrants did but noooo.
    Exactly why I would use that as an opportunity to call him out. Arresting political opponents seems to be the new style these days. You would think this was Haiti.

tonton-macoute-smYyOtSeQ15-YuFk342Ee6N.1400x1400.jpg

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Talk talk talk.

What legislation did he propose? Pass?

It is a common strategy to say what others want to hear in negotiations…
    Is it a common strategy also to talk about things he would like to see that runs contrary to 2nd amendment and even 5th amendment rights of due process to boot or even support gun restriction legislation like he did when Gov Rick Scott signed the bill in Fla.?

When has DeSantis ever spoken about things that run contrary to the 2nd amendment or even support any kind of legislation that did?

Like I told Bug this is a losing issue for Trump no matter how you try to spin it.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How much of the wall that he promised is finished? How much of the wall that was finished did Mexico pay for? It’s not a binary. Well, except for Mexico paying for it. They didn’t. But the percentage of the project completed is the same percentage of how much he fulfilled his campaign promise. A lot of you folks kept saying, “Winning” all the way up until he lost his office. You never got to say “won”.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, what percentage of rolling back restrictions on 2A did DeSantis get done?

Looks like zero. So Trump did what, at least 10% of what he said he would do. DeSantis did zero

Advantage Trump

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Delusional. You’re saying that DeSantis didn’t accomplish anything on his todo list? You get that from GWP?
    Switch from the specific to the general again and play dumb I see, you know we're talking about the two tiered system you support when comparing Trump and (not) your guy

Trump actually makes progress on closing the border and drastically reduces illegal immigration, fighting pretty much everybody, but you accord him no consideration because he 'didn't get it done'

When it is DeSantis trying to get something done, in this case loosen state restrictions on the books about gun sales, he can't get it done even with a super majority in both houses but you want to treat it as an accomplishment because he was 'trying to do the right thing'

You are trying hard to diminish the appeal of someone who got a great deal done despite relentless (and often illegal) opposition from all quarters while holding someone up as an example of someone who can get things done in DC when he can't even get things done in his own small pond with full control of the statehouse

By all means keep trying to polish that dookie. How's that Disney thing going?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump actually makes progress on closing the border and drastically reduces illegal immigration, fighting pretty much everybody, but you accord him no consideration because he 'didn't get it done'
    Did you not notice where I afforded credit in the proportion he got done. We were talking about promises. He promised a wall. He got some of it built. The proportion he got done is the same proportion I give him credit for. He also said Mexico will pay for it. Zero credit for that because zero of that promise was fulfilled.

This shows me you don’t understand the real world. You only understand binaries. You think Trump deserves 100% credit as if he fulfilled that promise. I do give him credit for decreasing illegal immigration during his term. 100%? No. B+. Comparatively, it was a big improvement.

You give DeSantis 0 credit on 2A, but obviously that’s wrong. I think that’s because you’re incapable of seeing a rival of Trump having done anything good.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You give DeSantis 0 credit on 2A, but obviously that’s wrong. I think that’s because you’re incapable of seeing a rival of Trump having done anything good.
    Incorrect. I have already given DeSantis credit for supporting constitutional carry and signing it into law when it came to his desk

The crux of the discussion is the claim DeSantis can work with his party and opponents, and because of that get things done that Trump could not. The evidence shows, despite having super majorities in both FL houses, he couldn't get the roll back of legacy firearm restrictions done

Thus, because he will undoubtedly not have super majorities in the national congress, I call Bull**** on the claim that he will get the things done he claims he will in the whitehouse due to lack of evidence

When presented with stumbling blocks, Trump regrouped and kept trying to advance ideas he believed in. When presented with this stumbling block to a bill he believed in, what has DeSantis done since then? And how is that Disney thing going?

Top Bottom