• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Whereas DeSantis has 'taken a firm stance' I guess?

I would remind you that when the question was asked by another member about what DeSantis had done to support 2A, there were crickets until I mentioned he had signed constitutional carry into law this year

It would appear if DeSantis is a 2A firebrand not many people have heard about it

What's the Club for Growth's position on 2A? The lords usually aren't comfortable with the serfs being well armed

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So that would seem to indicate that when he takes the time to look about these things, he always comes down on the correct side of the issue, and that when confronted by bad legislation he was willing to veto

I just see a strategy of delay on congress' worst impulses, fealty to federalism and moving to reject bad legislation

What he says is worse than what he does. You should review the concepts of 'pacing' and 'leading' as they relate to persuasion. Scott Adams wrote quite a bit on it in 2015-16
    This has to be one of the top delusional takes yet

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If there were major issues with DeSantis and the 2nd Amendment, I'm sure you would have brought it up by now Bug. This proves that he is not all over the place on the 2nd Amendment map because all you have is something positive on his position.

I've posted things about his highly regarded 2nd Amendment ratings elsewhere but. I'm not going to go look though all the vast amount I've posted lately.

Sorry Bug you can't win on DeSantis v .Trump on this issue Even trying to try work the bogus CfG angle into the picture won't get you there.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Posted this in the Trump thread. Maybe we need a Trump versus DeSantis thread.

DeSantis is using fake AI still images in his new ad against Trump.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If there were major issues with DeSantis and the 2nd Amendment, I'm sure you would have brought up by now Bug. This proves that he is not all over the place on the 2nd Amendment map because all you have is something positive on his position.

I've posted things about his highly regarded 2nd Amendment ratings elsewhere but. I'm not going to go look though all the vast amount I've posted lately.

Sorry Bug you can't win on DeSantis v .Trump on this issue Even trying to try work the bogus CfG angle into the picture won't get you there.
    Oh. He’ll work it in.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here Ya go Bug.

A Florida measure that would have rolled back the law restricting adults aged 18 to 20 from purchasing long guns and that was being strongly backed by Gov. Ron DeSantis met an untimely death when the session ended on March 5.

A Florida measure that would have rolled back the law that Gov. Scott signed and Trump endorsed restricting adults aged 18 to 20 from purchasing long guns and that was being strongly backed by Gov. Ron DeSantis met an untimely death when the session ended on March 5.

DeSantis, a Iraq War veteran, had said the restriction on adults who can legally do most other things older adults can do is “unconstitutional.”

What did Trump do. He backed the bill that then Gov' Rick Scott signed which DeSantis sought to reverse when he took office.

At the time the law was passed and signed by Gov. Rick Scott, President Donald Trump endorsed the under 21 gun ban, along with other bad restrictions in the bill, which also included a rapid-fire device ban and so-called “red-flag” law.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Continued...

While the pro-freedom organization Gun Owners of America (GOA) was frustrated to see the measure be left unpassed as the session ended, GOA Florida State Director Luis Valdes said the organization appreciates the governor’s support on the matter.

“The governor, unlike a number of his fellow Florida Republicans, understands what the Second Amendment means,” Valdes said. “He supports legalizing Open Carry in Florida, he supports ‘permitless’ carry, and he was against the Parkland gun control bill (under 21 purchase ban, mandatory waiting periods and red flag laws) that was passed by a number of Republicans still holding office in the State Legislature.”

Valdes said the bill’s death can be directly attributed to Republican Senate President Kathleen Plastidome

“She has publicly stated that she's against legalizing open carry and against repealing the under 21 purchase ban,” he said. “Prior to this legislative session , she was even against ‘permit less’ carry, too.

Valdes said that in the end, it takes all pro-gun legislators plus the governor working together to protect the right to keep and bear arms in the Sunshine State. .

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Start the thread off with this.

I think Mr President would sound pretty good in January 2025.
    I like DeSantis...maybe. Although I dislike his attacks on Trump. And there is one more thing; I sincerely believe that Trump has been persecuted by RINO`s and leftists to make an example of him for anyone else who may come along to attack the establishment, and, to try to ensure that he can never be in office again. I do not, and I never have agreed with everything he said, and every position he`s ever held. But. I honestly believe he needs to be in the Oval Office again if for no other reason than to show these globalists that they are not going to shut us down.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    statements like that are meaningless to most of his supporters here.

Trump: I wanna ban the AR15.
    Average INGO Free Thinker: That doesn't seem constitutional.
    Average INGO Trumper: Shut up you treasonous Biden supporter. Only Biden supporters want people to have the AR Only deep states own the AR15, true patriots own modern sporting rifles. Its important that he ban the AR15 so we can own the libs, its part of a 66 dimensional chess game you can't possibly understand. SAD!
    There`s a "like" button, why not a "dislike", or better yet, a "that's the stupidest thing I`ve ever hear" button. That would be appropriate here.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the interest of objectivity I did find this negative editorial piece

The opinion piece was said to have been published in Feb 2023. The DeSantis campaign supposedly didn't want guns to be allowed at a victory party which took place at the Tampa Convention Center in November of 2022 when DeSantis won his reelection bid for a second term.

Now what would you do Bug if you came across something like this about Trump like I have while researching about DeSantis on the subject?

Would you have the stones to be objective and post it after having said something positive about Trump? I don't believe you would. As a matter of fact I believe you have shied away from bringing up Trump and the 2nd Amendment issue here on iNGO a strong 2nd Amendment proponent gun forum because of all the negativity surrounding it.

I'm sure if it was something that you could tout you would have done so long ago. That tells me it's a losing issue for Trump.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Newsom and his inquisitors rattling sabers over Desantis sending illegals to california, if I were DeSantis I would take the next plane to Sacramento, and standing on california soil look the tv cameras right in the eye and say, "Newsom, I am here."

Reactions: KG1

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If there were major issues with DeSantis and the 2nd Amendment, I'm sure you would have brought it up by now Bug. This proves that he is not all over the place on the 2nd Amendment map because all you have is something positive on his position.

DeSantis record on 2A, as opposed to his 'stances', is inferior to my own governors record

We had constitutional carry 13 months before Florida did, and DeWine went against the FOP and big city mayors to do so

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Continued...

While the pro-freedom organization Gun Owners of America (GOA) was frustrated to see the measure be left unpassed as the session ended, GOA Florida State Director Luis Valdes said the organization appreciates the governor’s support on the matter.

“The governor, unlike a number of his fellow Florida Republicans, understands what the Second Amendment means,” Valdes said. “He supports legalizing Open Carry in Florida, he supports ‘permitless’ carry, and he was against the Parkland gun control bill (under 21 purchase ban, mandatory waiting periods and red flag laws) that was passed by a number of Republicans still holding office in the State Legislature.”

Valdes said the bill’s death can be directly attributed to Republican Senate President Kathleen Plastidome

“She has publicly stated that she's against legalizing open carry and against repealing the under 21 purchase ban,” he said. “Prior to this legislative session , she was even against ‘permit less’ carry, too.

Valdes said that in the end, it takes all pro-gun legislators plus the governor working together to protect the right to keep and bear arms in the Sunshine State. .
    I thought DeSantis was going to be able to work with congress to get things done if we elect him? He can't even get things done with a legislature in which his party holds a super majority in both the FL senate and the house of 70% (majorities he will never even come close to in the US congress)

The woman credited with leaving the 2A bill for dead is the President of the Senate!

Way to show Trump how it's done, there, Ron

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Would you have the stones to be objective and post it after having said something positive about Trump? I don't believe you would
    I was the one who answered the unanswered question about what DeSantis had done for gun rights (#1809 and #1813 in this thread). I posted that he had signed constitutional carry into law in Florida

Would you have the stones to be your own man and quit constantly looking to jamil for a pat on the head like some kind of golden retriever pup?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I thought DeSantis was going to be able to work with congress to get things done if we elect him? He can't even get things done with a legislature in which his party holds a super majority in both the FL senate and the house of 70% (majorities he will never even come close to in the US congress)

The woman credited with leaving the 2A bill for dead is the President of the Senate!

Yes, Ron, put through the Hearing Protection Act, National Carry Reciprocity, etc., etc. like Trump did when he had two years of both houses...

Oops... I mean a bump stock ban, red flag laws, threats to ban ARs and seizing firearms with no due process... no, don't do that after all Ron...

BE LESS LIKE TRUMP!

1686276867637.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    DeSantis record on 2A, as opposed to his 'stances', is inferior to my own governors record

We had constitutional carry 13 months before Florida did, and DeWine went against the FOP and big city mayors to do so
    I mean. I don’t know your governor all that well. Couldn’t be any worse than Holcomb. Even trade? No? Okay. I think we might be willing to sweeten the deal. Throw in a Speaker and Superintendent of schools? And if pushed we could be convinced to add Lt Governor to the deal.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

"GOA Florida State Director Luis Valdes said the organization appreciates the governor’s support on the matter."

What did Trump do? He supported the sweeping gun bill that Rick Scott signed which DeSantis was calling for a repeal of when he took office.. Seems to me that DeSantis was on the right side of this issue. Not Trump. Don't believe what Trump did was appreciated by any gun groups.

"Valdes said that in the end, it takes all pro-gun legislators plus the governor working together to protect the right to keep and bear arms in the Sunshine State."

Now do how much Trump was able to get done when he had both majorities. Way to show us how it was done Trump.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom