• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    2. Why does the officer assume the driver is only carrying one pistol?
    I don't really know, but I'll be perfectly happy letting them continue on with that delusion.

Having been an IPD officer for 10 years ( im not anymore ) you are best to inform them you have a gun and a gun permit. Most likely they will ask for your gun and return it moments later with the mag unloaded and tell you to load when they are gone.
    Do you really want to keep your mouth shut and some how surprise the officer by him seeing your concealed weapon? do you enjoy staring down the barrell of a loaded gun? What if the officers training failed and he accidently fired a round in the moment?
    yea go ahead and excersize your rights to carry a gun and keep it a secret during a routine traffic stop. See how long it stays routine.
    Some people amaze me with stupidity.
    I'm neg repping you in my mind. Damn noobs. Get your feet off the table while you're at it.

we've all seen the ohio cruiser vid.
    what we're basically discussing here, is an armed person vs an armed person. each knows they are armed. the CCW knows the LEO is armed, the LEO doesn't know the CCW is.
    now, legal rights not withstanding, whats likely to happen? whats the worst that can occur from have your weapon taken away. i go home and get another, and spend months getting the first one back. the situation brewing is basically a mexican stand off. if you pull your legally owned CCW on a cop, and you're shot, he's right. if you get off the first round, and he goes down, he's right. our rights be damned, if some **** goes down during a confrontation like the ohio vid, two things would have happened.
    A - the CCW got the needle as a cop killer
    B - the cop got fired for a bad shoot, and you're still dead.

i gotta tell ya guys, i'll be the first to defend myself when the UN marches down my door, but in a F2F confrontation versus one guy that has legal authority, i'm gonna play nice. i'm willing to give my life against a horde of Gestapo. against a single dickweed with a badge, not so much.

No, what we're discussing is someone exercising usurped POWERS (not authority) to disarm in violation of any duly enacted or common law.

Here's a thought: why can't I disarm the cop because God knows whether he's law-abiding or not.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I guess deputy mike couldn't take being the butt of a thousand internet jokes since he took the page down.

There were many very good points made in response to his "article". I wonder if anyone thought to copy them before they disappeared. Sure made for a good read, and would have made a good handy reference.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    There were many very good points made in response to his "article". I wonder if anyone thought to copy them before they disappeared. Sure made for a good read, and would have made a good handy reference
    Dang, I missed seeing all the comments. Haven't been to this thread since it was pretty new yesterday.

To answer both of you this is the google cache of the file with all the post answers except for the last two or three. Stuff on the internet is forever... always remember that.

Concealed Carry- A Police Officers Prospective

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    To answer both of you this is the google cache of the file with all the post answers except for the last two or three. Stuff on the internet is forever... always remember that.

I saved that one to my favorites. I have to compliment you on the fine job you did on your responses. Thanks for taking the time to educate the public. :thumbsup: Rep sent for that reason!

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    ok guys I have a question,, After reading some of the comments in this thread about people having their firearms returned to them disassembled and being told to wait till the officer leaves before putting the weapon back together.

What is the law on the matter, Do I have to wait to reassemble the firearm or can I start to reassemble it and load it before they even get back to their car?

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    ok guys I have a question,, After reading some of the comments in this thread about people having their firearms returned to them disassembled and being told to wait till the officer leaves before putting the weapon back together.

What is the law on the matter, Do I have to wait to reassemble the firearm or can I start to reassemble it and load it before they even get back to their car?

Police officers generally are not allowed to make up their own laws on the side of the road. If you have a license to carry then you have a license to carry.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth

ah, you beat me to it. after reading 11 pages of this thread I thought I'd look for the cache file of the article. Thanks for saving me the search process.

+1 rep!

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Maybe he changed his mind? ;)

It could happen....

I truly hope you are correct, and that after reflection and reading the many posts that pointed out the multiple ways he was wrong that he reconsidered his position. I know that we've had a few LEO positive conversions here on INGO because of the give and take on the subject.

But the pessimistic part of me fears that he may as easily turned to the dark side, ready to now crush any individual who gives him even the slightest amount of pushback when he attempts to seize their gun.

I'll keep an eye on his further posts. He just did a fairly neutral one on the importance of cleaning your self defense guns.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I truly hope you are correct, and that after reflection and reading the many posts that pointed out the multiple ways he was wrong that he reconsidered his position. I know that we've had a few LEO positive conversions here on INGO because of the give and take on the subject.

But the pessimistic part of me fears that he may as easily turned to the dark side, ready to now crush any individual who gives him even the slightest amount of pushback when he attempts to seize their gun.

I'll keep an eye on his further posts. He just did a fairly neutral one on the importance of cleaning your self defense guns.
    Does anyone know this guys background? I mean, what if he is currently off duty healing from a gunshot? or on administrative leave for a bad shoot? You know, trying to stay active and constructively (however misguided) make use of his time? Just thinking out loud and considering all possibilities here, you know how I tend to be most of the time so I doubt anyone will take my remarks out of context..

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    He sounded to me like a youngster still suffering from a crippling case of "John Wayne" syndrome.

All new LEOs suffer from that to some degree, and time, experience, and guidance from veteran officers usually cures it, but there are always a few chronic cases that require substantial intervention, and some are NEVER cured.

Here's hoping that the drubbing he took for posting that ridiculous essay set him on the right path.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Having been an IPD officer for 10 years ( im not anymore ) you are best to inform them you have a gun and a gun permit. Most likely they will ask for your gun and return it moments later with the mag unloaded and tell you to load when they are gone.
    Do you really want to keep your mouth shut and some how surprise the officer by him seeing your concealed weapon? do you enjoy staring down the barrell of a loaded gun? What if the officers training failed and he accidently fired a round in the moment?
    yea go ahead and excersize your rights to carry a gun and keep it a secret during a routine traffic stop. See how long it stays routine.
    Some people amaze me with stupidity.

IMHO, if a police officer is so scared of the sight of a properly and legally carried firearm then that person has NO need in being a police officer. I could really care less if the person doesn't like firearms, they scare them, etc. If a weapon is pointed in my direction because some officer is too immature to not over-react then you can bet your bottom dollar I will do what is necessary to get some kind of a reprimand put into that officers permanent service jacket.

Gunner

P.S. I am 42, been carrying all my life and have had VERY few dealings with the police and plan on keeping it that way.

Top Bottom