• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Don't discount the possibility that you've had the virus and remained asymptomatic. My wife, daughter and son have had it the worst it got was a headache and runny nose. I hav no confirmation that I've had it but I'd bet with confidence that I have and simply didn't have symptoms having spent hours sitting next to someone who became ill and tested positive hours later.
    Don't have any idea, but as I said, my wife tested negative both in January and June last year. If _I_ had had it, _she_ would have had it, because we're living in each others' back pockets. Either way . . .

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I’m not against it for medical use. As I lay here on my couch with a tens machine on my lower back I would have no problem taking an edible if it was legal to be prescribed to me.

I absolutely will not take pain killers. Most I will do is Bayer back and body which isn’t much for back pain. I will suffer through the pain until it eases up. As a young man playing football I blew out both of my knees and as a consequence of that I now have 2 herniated disc’s. I’ve had my back go out for standing wrong washing the dishes. If you’ve ever had real back pain I would about guarantee a little thc to ease the pain vs narcotics wouldn’t be such a bad deal.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Though, isn’t it wild that of all the things you mentioned (strychnine, cyanide, alcohol), cannabis is the only one that is not poison?
    A poison doesn't have to kill you, or at least not right away. Think lead or benzene, for example

And, given the level of doubt in supposedly knowledgeable pronouncements about the 'safety' of the vaccines, one would think there would be room for some doubt in the 'safety' of marijuana

Instead what I hear from the true believers reads like advertising for snake oil or supplements. Dope is the miracle cure for everything - and the only cure. They are committing the 'settled science' fallacy, where the science is only considered 'settled' by one side of the discussion which then tries to wield that like a hammer against any kind of dissent

Witness how nothing but everything they want is enough. Speak of them growing their own and it is too much trouble. Speak of being legalized for medical reasons but not recreational and it is not enough freedom and besides it's just a plant that anybody can grow (although they don't wish to have to) and how can there be a problem with anyone choosing to use a plant in their own homes? But it would seem they can pretty much do that now, so I can only assume they want the state to impose the need for some form of dispensary open to everyone as well as establishing some sort of supply chain and quality control. And several states is not enough, it must be all states. Freedom!

Nor can they be prevailed upon to deal with the disparity between numbers of people who want to deal with medical issues and the much larger number of people who just want to get high. Everybody seems to lead with the story of the sick individual undergoing a near miraculous cure for what ails them, but the number of such people is a minuscule part of the 'I want to be free, to do what I want to do ...' lobby and woe unto he who points that out. It reminds me strongly of the parallel 'logic' that the entire voting system must be perverted into a less secure and stable form just to accommodate those 80 year old grandmothers of color who don't drive and apparently can't find anyone to drive them - but one is never allowed to discuss the likelihood that they number in the 100s in a system that encompasses millions

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Human beings have been consuming cannabis as medicine for more than four thousand years. Comparing the thought of allowing people to use it as they choose to forcing people to inject a man made substance into their body is like comparing apples to interstellar space travel.

Simple freedom from any government control concerning cannabis would be more than sufficient. Instead, we have people wringing their hands over whether or not they approve of how other people might utilize it.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, that's REALLY the most important freedom you think is being infringed

Did it occur to you that, in light of the Dems liking to divide people any way they can, that you might want to see if they actually follow through - or just go through the motions to keep people riled up

Maybe it's time to go the Brexit route and have a national referendum, so we all can feel we had a chance to have input. I'm willing to abide by the outcome, how certain are you that a majority supports it?

I hope you'll pardon me, but I'm going to worry about marxism taking over the government and schools and businesses and the minds of our children ahead of whether
    everybody who wants to get high can do so easily enough to suit them

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Did it occur to you that, in light of the Dems liking to divide people any way they can, that you might want to see if they actually follow through - or just go through the motions to keep people riled up

Maybe it's time to go the Brexit route and have a national referendum, so we all can feel we had a chance to have input. I'm willing to abide by the outcome, how certain are you that a majority supports it?

I hope you'll pardon me, but I'm going to worry about marxism taking over the government and schools and businesses and the minds of our children ahead of whether
    Never claimed it was of critical importance to the survival of the republic but at the rate our rights are being set up to be stripped I'll take any victory I can get.

That doesn't take away from the fact that the laws against it are moronic and the misinformation about it is very deeply rooted. It's really a very simple concept once stripped of emotion and misinformation.

Can my neighbor put a seed in the ground, grow a native plant and do what he wishes with it on his own property? Any answer other than "yes" is simply wrong, period. Thousands of years of historical use and the human race managed to survive. It is not the boogeyman you've been convinced that it is.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can my neighbor put a seed in the ground, grow a native plant and do what he wishes with it on his own property? Any answer other than "yes" is simply wrong, period. Thousands of years of historical use and the human race managed to survive. It is not the boogeyman you've been convinced that it is.
    But 'your neighbor' doesn't want to do the work to grow it. He wants to go pick up his buds at CVS or Walgreens

And humans have 'historically, for thousands of years' been eating the hearts of enemies vanquished in battle, too; but I'm not going to advocate for that either

Differentiating right from wrong is not a popularity contest, and humans have been doing a great deal of short-sighted, self-destructive things for quite some time. Doesn't make it right

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    But 'your neighbor' doesn't want to do the work to grow it. He wants to go pick up his buds at CVS or Walgreens

And humans have 'historically, for thousands of years' been eating the hearts of enemies vanquished in battle, too; but I'm not going to advocate for that either

Differentiating right from wrong is not a popularity contest, and humans have been doing a great deal of short-sighted, self-destructive things for quite some time. Doesn't make it right
    Ok, I give. Only approved freedoms, got it. I own 13 acres. I should be allowed to grow native plants on it and sell them. Simple. Instead, bigger government is preferred, we love us some nanny state.

Why not outlaw fatty foods? Soft drinks? Some people get a "high" (GASP!) from overeating. Doesn't make a squirt of **** to me what they eat or don't but I don't like overeaters and everyone's business is my business so **** em, let's make it illegal.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    A poison doesn't have to kill you, or at least not right away. Think lead or benzene, for example

And, given the level of doubt in supposedly knowledgeable pronouncements about the 'safety' of the vaccines, one would think there would be room for some doubt in the 'safety' of marijuana

Instead what I hear from the true believers reads like advertising for snake oil or supplements. Dope is the miracle cure for everything - and the only cure. They are committing the 'settled science' fallacy, where the science is only considered 'settled' by one side of the discussion which then tries to wield that like a hammer against any kind of dissent

Witness how nothing but everything they want is enough. Speak of them growing their own and it is too much trouble. Speak of being legalized for medical reasons but not recreational and it is not enough freedom and besides it's just a plant that anybody can grow (although they don't wish to have to) and how can there be a problem with anyone choosing to use a plant in their own homes? But it would seem they can pretty much do that now, so I can only assume they want the state to impose the need for some form of dispensary open to everyone as well as establishing some sort of supply chain and quality control. And several states is not enough, it must be all states. Freedom!

Nor can they be prevailed upon to deal with the disparity between numbers of people who want to deal with medical issues and the much larger number of people who just want to get high. Everybody seems to lead with the story of the sick individual undergoing a near miraculous cure for what ails them, but the number of such people is a minuscule part of the 'I want to be free, to do what I want to do ...' lobby and woe unto he who points that out. It reminds me strongly of the parallel 'logic' that the entire voting system must be perverted into a less secure and stable form just to accommodate those 80 year old grandmothers of color who don't drive and apparently can't find anyone to drive them - but one is never allowed to discuss the likelihood that they number in the 100s in a system that encompasses millions
    Did you just harvest a hay field? There is a whole lot of straw in this post.

MJ = Vaccines?

For growing your own, some people would want to some wouldn't. Same with a whole host of other things. We'll start with alcohol, how many beer/wine drinkers do you know? How many make their own? How about hard alcohol? If they removed all the permits, etc that are required. How many do you think would get a still?

And brewing your own alcohol at home is simple, very simple compared to growing a garden. Pick up a gallon of water, a pack of yeast, sugar, and some raisins at the store. Dump out some of the water, add sugar and shake to dissolve, drop in some raisins and the pack of yeast and put a balloon over the mouth of the water jug. Wait a week or two.

Never heard that it was the only cure, heck I've never heard it being touted as a cure for anything. A treatment for somethings, but not a cure. And yes people can grow it now, not legally. Same with home distilling. Or running a meth lab. Or...

Why would the state need to impose dispensaries? Or quality control? Wouldn't the free market take care of that? Heck if I wanted to I could grown a multitude of medicinal herbs and such, and sell them. Does the state need to impose dispensaries for those?

Why do we need to deal with the disparity in numbers between medical and recreational?

And yet more straw. By the way there are several Repubs that back this as well. At least one that I can think of is I believe pretty well liked on this site, Rep Lucas.

And a national referendum on whether it should be legal or not? I'd be pretty confident it would pass for legalization. Polls going back 20 years or more show a majority of people supporting it, with support increasing over time. Current support is near 70% iirc.

See above about beer/wine. Or heck look at the produce section of your local store, how many of the things there are easy to grow here in IN? I know a lot of people who like tomatoes but don't want to grow them themselves. You've mentioned you enjoy a drink now and again. Do you make your own or pick it up at CVS or Walgreens?

And cannibalism = MJ? Here is a bit of advice, Reefer Madness was not a true documentary.

Top Bottom