• Status
    Not open for further replies.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Yep the old Pepto-Bismol paper! Consider yourself lucky though that the license is wallet sized! They used to be larger and you had to put your fingerprint on it then fold it up! Still... it would be nice if it were more durable, especially for the lifetime guys.:dunno:

I agree. For how much a lifetime costs, you would think that you would at least get some sort of card instead of a piece of paper.

Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    I applied for Lifetime Permit at Fishers PD on March 26, and got permit today (Apr 22nd). That was a lot faster than I thought it would take.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    A buddy at work just got his first permit... couldn't have taken more than 2 or 3 weeks.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Sent my application to Indy on April 1st and it was processed last Thursday April 24th. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet though. Maybe tomorrow? :thumbsup:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Sent my application to Indy on April 1st and it was processed last Thursday April 24th. Haven't gotten it in the mail yet though. Maybe tomorrow? :thumbsup:

Showed up in the mail today (4/30). Now I don't need to feel naked when I leave the apartment. Well unless I AM naked. But that's a whole different situation! :D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have a huge concern. I applied for my 4 year Personal Protection LTCH the first of April. The Local Money Order was cashed April 4th, but the State is still pending and it's May 2nd. Should I be concerned and is there a number I can call to check the status of my application?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I have a huge concern. I applied for my 4 year Personal Protection LTCH the first of April. The Local Money Order was cashed April 4th, but the State is still pending and it's May 2nd. Should I be concerned and is there a number I can call to check the status of my application?

I wouldn't be concerned... That's not even a month. They get busy, the first time I applied (for my 4 year, before getting my lifetime earlier this year)... I waited just over 5 months to get my permit in the mail.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's not good since I'm starting a security job that requires me to have it in 3 months....

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    But the fact that the state hasn't even cashed the Money order? Isn't that odd?

No. They don't run to the bank every time they get a letter, more than likely the probably go once a month, maybe twice. And there is a good chance they haven't even opened the envelope yet. They get to them in a first come first served basis.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well I guess that makes sense. You'd think they would have someone who makes deposits on at least a weekly basis. LOL It's ok I guess. I just hope it doesn't take 4 more months cause I would hate to lose this job over some slow clerk! LOL BTW, what does 729 F&AM mean?

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Well I guess that makes sense. You'd think they would have someone who makes deposits on at least a weekly basis. LOL It's ok I guess. I just hope it doesn't take 4 more months cause I would hate to lose this job over some slow clerk! LOL BTW, what does 729 F&AM mean?

Speedway #729 Free and Accepted Masons.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I sent my Lifetime application in on 4/2 and received my permit today (5/2). One month -- not so bad.

I treated myself to a new compact M&P .40 to use as my conceal carry gun. I've got several larger pistols (Glock 20, Sig 2022, XD 45), but wanted a smaller gun for conceal carry.

The M&P was sort of an impulse buy, but I've shot the full size .40 and loved the way it felt.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ryan-(hehe another Ryan!)
    That's kewl. Thanks for the heads up. I was getting worried that it would be a year before I got mine. I've heard the horror stories and the success stories both

Bigum-
    Just traded my sigma 40ve for a Baby Eagle in 9mm. Took my Sigma to the range and was all over the board at 15yds because of that damn trigger. Got better once I started staging it, but I wouldn't trust my life with it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I couldn't hold, aim, and fire without shaking the gun. It's that bad. I'm more used to Rifles and Shotguns, but that was ridiculous!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom