• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Remember the LTC'H' is for handguns only, you do NOT need any permits for rifles and shotguns. You can carry them unloaded in a wrapper in the trunk.

j1s116

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Just got my Lifetime permit today, applied May 1st. Only 37 days, not bad. I took it to Office Depot in Greenwood on US 31 and made copies. They have a copy machine up front with different colors of paper. The pink paper matched perfect. A dime a copy and $2.49 to laminate. I also shrunk mine 10% and it fits perfet in the wallet. 12 copies and one laminate came to $3.82.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    I'm happy to see everyone indicate the wait time isn't too bad.
    But I'm def not excited reading about the quality of the permit that is issued.
    I think I'll miss my nice KY permit- why can't IN issue a decent plastic dl type permit like most other states? I'd happily pay extra (a reasonable amt).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm happy to see everyone indicate the wait time isn't too bad.
    But I'm def not excited reading about the quality of the permit that is issued.
    I think I'll miss my nice KY permit- why can't IN issue a decent plastic dl type permit like most other states? I'd happily pay extra (a reasonable amt).

For $100-$125, we shouldn't have to pay extra, but then again, if they go to the DL type card, they'll want photos on it and all that machine-readable, biometric trash, too. Not sure that's a good idea.

Laminating it yourself and reducing it to a size you want is a workable option and the least intrusive one, IMHO.

Blessings,
    B

Ruxpin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Ditto, 31 days from post office to mail box. Hi everybody, first post here.

Last edited:

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    welcome ruxpin and also i am actoally happy that they come in the form that they come in because you can laminate them and then you dont have to worry about it crackin and brakeing like my DL i still have another year for my dl and its only from 05 so ill take the paper one

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    6 weeks and still waiting .. they have no clue; So I need to track down and see when my money order was cashed. So I get to pay a $12 service charge to get this status because our government has no clue.

j1s116

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    6 weeks and still waiting .. they have no clue; So I need to track down and see when my money order was cashed. So I get to pay a $12 service charge to get this status because our government has no clue.

Patience young Grasshopper.:oldwise:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom