• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The UK and several other countries recognize NI. It’s getting time to demand a more comprehensive answer to why the US doesn’t. And I don’t mean just saying that “we’ve evaluated all the studies and have concluded thusly.” Show your work.
    The answer is simple. NI doesn’t make money. Period.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Day 11 with COVID. Doing pretty badly. O2 is low and can barely move around. Can't eat anything because I throw it back up. Went to the ER yesterday, but they discharged me and gave me the same stuff I'd already been taking. Very discouraged at the moment.
    Hang in there and rest, took my son about 14 days and longer than that for his wife before the worse was over. Their 02 never got low though, stayed above 90.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    A friend shared this with me. I found it to be an interesting take on what has happened with Covid and vaccines
    A very interesting read, and amazingly, I agree with almost everything in the article.

Actually, his decision matrix aligns very closely to my own. The difference is that I am not a healthy 39-year old who runs 5 miles a day. I'm much older and have other health indicators that led me to get vaccinated, same matrix, different inputs, different output.

FWIW, on the natural immunity vs vaccinated immunity, my opinion is that if you tested positive AND were pretty darn sick (bad flu sick), your immunity is probably just as good as someone fully vaccinated. If you merely tested positive, or "think" you had COVID but didn't get confirmation, then not so much.

Anyhow, just my opinion, place as much value upon it as you paid for it, lol!

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Day 11 with COVID. Doing pretty badly. O2 is low and can barely move around. Can't eat anything because I throw it back up. Went to the ER yesterday, but they discharged me and gave me the same stuff I'd already been taking. Very discouraged at the moment.
    Did they say you had anything else other than just Covid?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A very interesting read, and amazingly, I agree with almost everything in the article.

Actually, his decision matrix aligns very closely to my own. The difference is that I am not a healthy 39-year old who runs 5 miles a day. I'm much older and have other health indicators that led me to get vaccinated, same matrix, different inputs, different output.

FWIW, on the natural immunity vs vaccinated immunity, my opinion is that if you tested positive AND were pretty darn sick (bad flu sick), your immunity is probably just as good as someone fully vaccinated. If you merely tested positive, or "think" you had COVID but didn't get confirmation, then not so much.

I think as with anything one should be able to assess their own benefits over risks based upon their particular circumstances on whether to get vaccinated or not.

Seems to me that is the gist of what the author is getting at, and I agree with that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is how it’s supposed to work. People’s circumstances differ. That changes the calculation. But our leaders have imposed a unilateral outcome regardless of individual circumstances. In times past this nation’s character would never have tolerated that. It’s a new world where informed consent is no longer a thing. And we’re no better off for it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Patient today has symptoms for three days. Wants a COVID test. Young, healthy. Test takes a few days to come back.

If feeling better, can end isolation at day 5 now. Why test that person?

If you in charge of COVID return policies at your work, please think about this stuff and stop requiring a test.

Saw a patient today in the ER because a low cost clinic wanted a negative test after a positive three weeks ago before they'd see them.

So rack up about a $1500 bill for a useless test so the low cost clinic can see you. The system is dumb.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    You may have pneumonia. I never threw up though, but a high fever and very low o2. Sending you a PM.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    What is your oxygen level? Are you able to keep fluids down? Often COVID because a fight for hydration. Even if you vomit ten minutes later you still keep a fair amount of fluids in.

Reglan is a decent alternative for zofran if nausea/vomiting is bad. Unfortunately just not much to do other than support you with fluids and symptom control until you improve. Labs OK for kidneys?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Patient today has symptoms for three days. Wants a COVID test. Young, healthy. Test takes a few days to come back.

If feeling better, can end isolation at day 5 now. Why test that person?

If you in charge of COVID return policies at your work, please think about this stuff and stop requiring a test.

Saw a patient today in the ER because a low cost clinic wanted a negative test after a positive three weeks ago before they'd see them.

So rack up about a $1500 bill for a useless test so the low cost clinic can see you. The system is dumb.
    I'm sure my doc will probably ask me about my booster again when I see him Friday. I'll politely tell him it's not happening. I got my first two. I'm done. I've had some kind of "bug" recently with just some phlegm in the back of my throat. Is it Covid? Don't know, don't care.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    My O2 level was down to 87-88 for a few days. I have heard of lower but that was bad enough for me. I would get out of breath just turning over in bed. I was avoiding a lot of liquids because it was difficult to get up to go to the bathroom - now that sounds like a mistake on my part.
    The O2 level slowly got better - it took over a month to finally hit 96-97.
    I tested negative for COVID using that test that doesn't reach very far into the nasal passage. I am not sure I trust that test.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    My sister and her family are finally getting better, everyone in the family that was vaccinated got it, my youngest nephew was only one who didn't get sick. She cancelled her booster shot, said she is over it. They been fighting it for a month now...wishing you folks with it a speedy recovery.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Sorry to hear that man. Being it’s day 11, hopefully you’re over the hump and start feeling better within the next day or so. Try to chug some water. If half comes back up at least half stayed down. Keep your head up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm sure my doc will probably ask me about my booster again when I see him Friday. I'll politely tell him it's not happening. I got my first two. I'm done. I've had some kind of "bug" recently with just some phlegm in the back of my throat. Is it Covid? Don't know, don't care.
    Not sure why they are recommending boost with a vaccine proven minimally effective against current major strain. I'd wait for the omicron specific one

Top Bottom