• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, I noticed that after I posted it. Figured Act is a smart guy. He’ll know what I meant. But. I do remember the bloody post. That would possibly have been a good time to retire too.

That was probably from taking handfulls of excedrin migraine pills at a time.
    Turns out, when they write down how much to take at a time, theres a reason, they don't just make stuff up.
    excedrin is bad for the stomach.

But, in my defense, in the middle of a migraine, you're willing to risk death.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah I’m not sure he wants to live like he’s at work. :):

:)

When I was a kid, my mom would try to save money by turning down the thermostat in the winter.
    My dad would come home, and turn it back up.
    For a time, he worked outside, and said he didn't work in hell so that he would come home and be uncomfortable.

I understand that very well, now.
    Some people talk about how long they wait to turn on the heat or the a/c.
    Not me. I will be comfortable.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We are overwhelmed with minor cold symptom patients and the run of the mill typical ER stuff.

Tons of vaccinated staff out with.... COVID. A colleague in another state had in one ER shift, a family of 4, family of 5, and family of 6 check in for minor cold symtptoms or simply for a test.

That is so much charting and wasted time for fifteen patients that don't need to be there. We are so overwhelmed that patients are getting seen in hallways beds and sometimes chairs. It increases the likelihood we miss something important.when you examine a five year old with a fever and abdominal pain in a chair in a hallway.

Be sure to slow the team down and make sure all your concerns are being addressed. It really makes us doubt ourselves and we feel bad for a long time when something should have been picked up but wasn't. Usually that's because we're trying to go too fast and don't spend the time to take detailed histories.

The minor viral symptom patients don't realize how they are harming the other patients. Seems like most businesses don't really care if their employees have COVID or not, but they have to follow SOME policy, even if it makes no sense. So they demand an employee get a test before coming back to work. Can't find them retail with Biden buying 500 million tests and urgent care line too long so they go to the ER.

They should be denied testing if minimal symptoms and sent home, but due to EMTALA that is tricky to tell them before they check in. The low acuity people wait for hours, and to spring that on them after the wait is really bad form and makes everyone mad. We still get complaints filed in person and online.

It's a crappy situation. And due to no nursing, so no beds, so diversion all the time, so decreased patients seen, our billed patient volume is down and as a result so is my income, dramatically.

Who would have thought my income as an ER doc would be threatened by the worst pandemic of our lifetime?

Sorry to hear that.
    My (recent) employer was pretty good at notifying everyone with a list of a couple testing stations, and how to file for various things.
    Actually, not the employer, it was the union.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    271825932_4758978204139193_2698397595170832052_n.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    If this scamdemic gets over then the "Emergency Powers" for the elite will be over.....that ain't going to happen. If they have to have a hang nail vaccine to keep that "Emergency Power" alive they will do it....or right before a election with Democrats saying its all over and we stopped it, followed by media blackout of any kind of a case. Only to return right after the election by however gets into power, regardless of party.

Top Bottom