Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Our son's Ortho is only seeing emergency patients. He has popped two brackets off his braces so they are squeezing him in today. We cant go in though. When you get there you text a number with the patient's name. When they are ready they text you and you send ONLY the patient into the building. A staff member will meet the patient at the locked door to let them in and treat them. Crazy.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Made it at 10:30 last night. Least population density in the lower 48,Lake County Minnesota. I expect to be here for quite some time(other former hoosiers are here to :)

Some things I do,most of which I have been doing.

Wearing an N95 or better during contact with any public place.If someone breathed there a mask helps.
    Using a hepa filter and UV-C lights in all private places.
    Cleaning using Purell surface cleaner(alcohol based and food safe).
    Nothing comes in that has not been sanitized.Not even a can of soup. Someone had to put it on the shelf.

Increased personal security,increased home security measures and general situational awareness.

Things are no different up here. The nearest grocery has reduced hours and now closes at 9pm.
    It has supply issues of course. Paper products are difficult,but not totally unavailable.
    Hand sanitizer and things like it have been gone for weeks.I have what I purchased before the panic set in(should last a few months).
    I previously had picked up things I understood would be scarce. Like a oil filers for vehicles.

Here is an opinion piece on why telling people they did not need masks was dumb. It was by the way.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/opinion/coronavirus-face-masks.html
    Just remember this. By our own CDC and NIH this survives in the air for 3 hours after someone BREATHES in a location(read the actual study though 3 hours later the viral load is reduced by 50% not gone). So if you are in a public place,wear a mask.I have already done this for weeks.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10....eE5mg1TKXAfWwVH7E8URzofzKBHYoy2k9LF5wM1ldGW90

Seems they are now tracking who is viewing most papers. I now get things like browser checks trying to read them.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wait until the statewide tornado siren test tomorrow. That should prove entertaining for those who don't know. :popcorn:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There has been a death in Indiana. She was a personal friend of mine since school.
    She was in very poor health to begin with.

RIP Roberta.

Sorry to hear. Was she the one that had the family member posting on Facebook that she was at the Beech Grove Moose Lodge? (Birdie)

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I don't know what to think about the London group saying we(US) will have 1.1-1.2 million deaths.

Probably not too far off as a worst case. If all 350M get it that’s a 0.34% fatality rate. If half get it, then that’s about 0.68% which falls in the 0.5% to 1% range others have seen. Thus the attempt to stop its spread by keeping people apart as much as possible to minimize the actual number of infected.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    In our area, lots of restaurants are starting deliveries. Just had one of our big customers on the west coast announce that they are closing for 3 weeks. I imagine more will follow, and also the suppliers. It'll be trickle-down, causing more to close.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't know what to think about the London group saying we(US) will have 1.1-1.2 million deaths.

There was a leaked(?) report before the bulk of isolation/event canceling that estimated US deaths at a minimum of 200k IIRC, and upwards of that 1.5M number. So, if a UK think-tank came up with 1M, that would be in line with other reported estimates.

But, I'm hopeful that the isolation/cancellations will put us under those estimates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom