• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    This very well may be a very unpopular statement.. ill start out by saying I am very conservative, a constitutional conservative with some libertarian leanings. That being said i believe in VERY small and limited government, i believe protecting myself and property falls in my lap, not the police. Anyone thats been around long enough knows of "the law of unintended consequences " now the belief im about to state is in part because it was biblical in nature and that is that people in positions of power ,when found abusing that power should recieve exceptionally more severe consequences. Ive seen the floyd video and read just about every op ed, journalists write up on it and i have to agree the officers action in that incident was beyond gross. The reason God gives the rule that people trusted with power should face more severe consequences was in part that their betrayal of the peoples trust was automatically a crime on top of the crime committed, also to satisfy peoples expectation that there is not dispIrity in treatment between the powerful and the week. I in no way excuse burning down stuff and taking areas over like these morons are doing but at the same time I really think the owners should have armed and ready for the conflict. There are not enough police to protect us all, nor is it their job to protect me nor do I want the tax burden of putting a cop on every corner. What I do want is roll back in regulations and laws that give a person the power to defend themselves. As I said i would reckon that some of what I said is not going to be popular. In my opinion really all we need in form of government is military for national defense, a Supreme Court for states and the people to get a ultimate constitutional settlement of their grievances.. the FBI could be done away with and US Marshalls could handle their jobs, as far as DEA.. not needed, lets the states decide their own policy(and again we would still have appellant courts and supreme courts to settle disputes) a flat tax ( that does away with need for the IRS and the 100s of millions it takes to operate them) .. there is WAYYY to much bloat in our current system that cost billions to maintain. Jmo as a constitutional conservative/libertarian

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This very well may be a very unpopular statement:

I'll start out by saying I am very conservative - a constitutional conservative with some libertarian leanings. That being said, i believe in VERY small and limited government. I believe protecting myself, and property falls in my lap, not the police.

Anyone that's been around long enough knows of "the law of unintended consequences". Now, the belief I'm about to state is in part because it was Biblical in nature, and that is that people in positions of power when found abusing that power should receive exceptionally more severe consequences.

I've seen the Floyd video and read just about every op ed. journalists write up on it, and I have to agree the officers action in that incident was beyond gross.

The reason God gives the rule that people trusted with power should face more severe consequences was in part that their betrayal of the peoples trust was automatically a crime on top of the crime committed. Also, to satisfy peoples expectation that there is not disparity in treatment between the powerful and the week. I in no way excuse burning down stuff and taking areas over like these morons are doing. But, at the same time, I really think the owners should have armed and ready for the conflict. There are not enough police to protect us all, nor is it their job to protect me, nor do I want the tax burden of putting a cop on every corner.

What I do want is roll back in regulations and laws that give a person the power to defend themselves. As I said, I would reckon that some of what I said is not going to be popular. In my opinion, really all we need in form of government is military for national defense, a Supreme Court for states, and the people to get a ultimate constitutional settlement of their grievances. The FBI could be done away with and US Marshals could handle their jobs.

As far as DEA - not needed. Let the states decide their own policy (and again we would still have appellant courts and supreme courts to settle disputes). A flat tax (that does away with need for the IRS and the 100s of millions it takes to operate them). there is WAYYY to much bloat in our current system that cost billions to maintain.

Jmo as a constitutional conservative/libertarian.

Edited to be readable.

Do you really think anyone on INGO will dispute you on these things?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Edited to be readable.

Do you really think anyone on INGO will dispute you on these things?
    Just being honest a NO disrespect meant to anyone but alot of people here,, im just getting to know their philosophies and such and in the past I have found my libertarian leanings "irritate " people on both sides of the isle but I do appreciate your boost of confidence

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Curious - what are you basing this on?
    It comes from James 3:1 but in the Greek the word teaches more closely translates to leaders. Some gave taken it to refer strictly within the church. That I guess could be debated but the general idea of those in leadership should be held to stricter standards

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What did I do wrong in formatting? I dont know how to change the format of what I type :/

Paragraphs are your friend. Hit the "return" key once in awhile to break up the huge wall of text for readability. :) Although I see you're using Tapatalk, so I don't know how that works.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    It comes from James 3:1 but in the Greek the word teaches more closely translates to leaders. Some gave taken it to refer strictly within the church. That I guess could be debated but the general idea of those in leadership should be held to stricter standards

There are many verses that elude to this issue luke 12:48 is another.
    When you read these in their context it definitely gives a flavor that those over us are to be held to a higher standard..
    you can literally find dozens of verses that not just taking the verse but looking at the surrounding events as context, they seem to infer this.. what ive ran into most is disagreements on if this means "within the church body" or humanity as a whole

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What did I do wrong in formatting? I dont know how to change the format of what I type :/

Commas, run on sentences, capitalization, apostrophes... all things that inflame my OCD. ;)

The lack of white spaces is what makes it hard to read.

It comes from James 3:1 but in the Greek the word teaches more closely translates to leaders. Some gave taken it to refer strictly within the church. That I guess could be debated but the general idea of those in leadership should be held to stricter standards.

Isn't the word διδάσκαλοι? Related to where we get "didactic" in English? In some places I see it's translated as "master" (e.g. when referring to Jesus), but by far it's "teacher".

It's kind of a stretch to apply that to LEO.

There are many verses that elude to this issue luke 12:48 is another.
    When you read these in their context it definitely gives a flavor that those over us are to be held to a higher standard.
    Actually, when I read that in context, I see a parable warning those of us Christians who've been in the church for a long time that we'd better rise to the occasion.

I agree with the sentiment and policy, just not the reference.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    When someone is to be entrusted to police another, there most certainly should be at least the same standard that they themselves be policed. IMO a higher standard yes, as leading an example of what to prosper to.

However, I believe that most of the issues we experience are due to lack of knowledge.

And for some crazy reason we constantly see the media, antifa, blm, etc. making a martyr out of someone that does not deserve it!! Once the truth comes to light. Which then seems to only ignite both sides even farther....

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Commas, run on sentences, capitalization, apostrophes... all things that inflame my OCD. ;)

The lack of white spaces is what makes it hard to read.

Isn't the word διδάσκαλοι? Related to where we get "didactic" in English? In some places I see it's translated as "master" (e.g. when referring to Jesus), but by far it's "teacher".

It's kind of a stretch to apply that to LEO.

I agree with the sentiment and policy, just not the reference.
    I'm not a greek but my dad was and his.explamation was the words surrounding it (just like in hebrew) can drastically affect the meaning of the word.
    At any rate I could see the correlation of Master, teacher, rabbi, pastor, president etc.. and thats the argument I hear most often of those that support that view.
    By no means do I have the mastery of Hebrew, Greek or even English to put my foot down and say, "this is what it mean"
    So at that point I fall back on what seems logical and of less disparity, and that is that it refers to humanity.. if that be a rabbi or a officer.. basically anyone that has been entrusted with the lives of people.. but also I believe Paul?? says not to let matters that fall in to this category divide us as brothers and sisters christ. On that note I would have to just simply say thats my opinion and my mind is opened to being changed .

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I'm not a greek but my dad was and his.explamation was the words surrounding it (just like in hebrew) can drastically affect the meaning of the word.
    At any rate I could see the correlation of Master, teacher, rabbi, pastor, president etc.. and thats the argument I hear most often of those that support that view.
    By no means do I have the mastery of Hebrew, Greek or even English to put my foot down and say, "this is what it mean"
    So at that point I fall back on what seems logical and of less disparity, and that is that it refers to humanity.. if that be a rabbi or a officer.. basically anyone that has been entrusted with the lives of people.. but also I believe Paul?? says not to let matters that fall in to this category divide us as brothers and sisters christ. On that note I would have to just simply say thats my opinion and my mind is opened to being changed .

Yes I have to admit, a majority of the time i don't have my glasses on and I should. I rely to much on aito-correct

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    To the OP:

This I think sums up what Antifa Does... "Put simply a dilemma action is a strategy using carefully-targeted types and degrees of civil disobedience to cause security forces to either concede the space and thus exhibit weakness, or respond in a manner that appears disproportionate and evokes negative sentiments in the population."

Effective... but possibly only because (everyone knows) it's leading to actual physical violence.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    To the OP:

This I think sums up what Antifa Does... "Put simply a dilemma action is a strategy using carefully-targeted types and degrees of civil disobedience to cause security forces to either concede the space and thus exhibit weakness, or respond in a manner that appears disproportionate and evokes negative sentiments in the population."

Effective... but possibly only because (everyone knows) it's leading to actual physical violence.
    I cant disagree, deceitful and subversive tactics.

Top Bottom