• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    This very well may be a very unpopular statement.. ill start out by saying I am very conservative, a constitutional conservative with some libertarian leanings. That being said i believe in VERY small and limited government, i believe protecting myself and property falls in my lap, not the police. Anyone thats been around long enough knows of "the law of unintended consequences " now the belief im about to state is in part because it was biblical in nature and that is that people in positions of power ,when found abusing that power should recieve exceptionally more severe consequences. Ive seen the floyd video and read just about every op ed, journalists write up on it and i have to agree the officers action in that incident was beyond gross. The reason God gives the rule that people trusted with power should face more severe consequences was in part that their betrayal of the peoples trust was automatically a crime on top of the crime committed, also to satisfy peoples expectation that there is not dispIrity in treatment between the powerful and the week. I in no way excuse burning down stuff and taking areas over like these morons are doing but at the same time I really think the owners should have armed and ready for the conflict. There are not enough police to protect us all, nor is it their job to protect me nor do I want the tax burden of putting a cop on every corner. What I do want is roll back in regulations and laws that give a person the power to defend themselves. As I said i would reckon that some of what I said is not going to be popular. In my opinion really all we need in form of government is military for national defense, a Supreme Court for states and the people to get a ultimate constitutional settlement of their grievances.. the FBI could be done away with and US Marshalls could handle their jobs, as far as DEA.. not needed, lets the states decide their own policy(and again we would still have appellant courts and supreme courts to settle disputes) a flat tax ( that does away with need for the IRS and the 100s of millions it takes to operate them) .. there is WAYYY to much bloat in our current system that cost billions to maintain. Jmo as a constitutional conservative/libertarian

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

You had me until you said "all we need from government is military and national defense".

Perhaps you should read what the Founder's thought of a military and how we should handle national defense. It had to do with a militia as they believed a standing army was a grave threat to liberty. The rest of what you write about protecting one's self has to do directly with the national defense. We are the defense!

And as for doing away with FBI and IRS, you are only scratching the surface. IMO every alphabet agency should be dismantled which doesn't have an expressly enumerated power listed in the Constitution. That was the reasons for adding the 9th and 10th Amendments. But nobody likes to bring those pesky amendments up.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Perhaps you should read what the Founder's thought of a military and how we should handle national defense. It had to do with a militia as they believed a standing army was a grave threat to liberty. The rest of what you write about protecting one's self has to do directly with the national defense. We are the defense!

If only I had room to park an A-10 at home...

The world, and the concept and utility of a standing army, has greatly changed since the end of the eighteenth century.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If only I had room to park an A-10 at home...

The world, and the concept and utility of a standing army, has greatly changed since the end of the eighteenth century.

Funny you should say this (caution, possible thread hijack). When people ask me about my second amendment belief that no arms shall be infringed, they ask me how far I would go. My response is always : "If I could afford an A-10 I would have one!".

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    You had me until you said "all we need from government is military and national defense".

And as for doing away with FBI and IRS, you are only scratching the surface. IMO every alphabet agency should be dismantled which doesn't have an expressly enumerated power listed in the Constitution. That was the reasons for adding the 9th and 10th Amendments. But nobody likes to bring those pesky amendments up.
    I agree and the only reason I say a military for national defense is there has to be some way to centralize or coordinate weapons development ( i imagine that could be done through private industry) especially with the introduction of biological and nuclear warfare.. but i do agree with what the founder said about the dangers of a seperate organized military
    I would also prefer organized, well trained militias over military but I think we would have to have a group of really smart people sit down and figure out just exactly and effectively integrate private industry and militias into production of weaponry like nukes and bios..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom