• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Attendance. Total number in your party coming.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't want to step on Tara's plans...but....if you can commit that grill - everything else will fall in place pretty easily.

As to carry-ins....I would say that can be detailed after a head count but we will let Tara decide that.

I can donate some non-bambi hamburger also...
    It's a griddle, not a grill, but that's even better.
    I can cook fish, bacon, pancakes... on the griddle.
    Can't do that on a grill.
    The griddle has been committed for the day, as long as it will be used.
    I don't want to drag it an hour from home for nothing, but would enjoy cooking burgers for Tim's friends and family.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It's a griddle, not a grill, but that's even better.
    I can cook fish, bacon, pancakes... on the griddle.
    Can't do that on a grill.
    The griddle has been committed for the day, as long as it will be used.
    I don't want to drag it an hour from home for nothing, but would enjoy cooking burgers for Tim's friends and family.
    Thought griddle - typed grill. You might see that I said I was simple minded.

A large griddle is the ticket for these kind of events. I, err...my wife has a long history of hosting events for any occasion which means I am qualified labor.

DaMousesGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2022
    I'm in, and I can bring:
    Somewhere around 15-20 lbs of ground venison for Bambi burgers.
    I can also bring a Flatiron griddle (775" cooking surface) big enough to cook around 30 burgers at a time, and run the griddle.
    Condiments can also be supplied.
    That would be so great!! Thank you so much me and my mom are trying to make a list of who is bringing what so we don’t get confused. The griddle would be amazing!!!!

DaMousesGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2022
    Oh wow guys thank you all so much it’s hard for me to keep up with all the posts I’m doing my best should we do this in groups where one person is in charge of food one in charge of grill one in charge of drinks and so on please message me if need be

DaMousesGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2022
    Thought griddle - typed grill. You might see that I said I was simple minded.

A large griddle is the ticket for these kind of events. I, err...my wife has a long history of hosting events for any occasion which means I am qualified labor.
    Bless your heart!! Your hired lol

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Per DaMousesGirl request, here is the thread to post what food items and such you'll be bringing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm in. I can help cook or wherever there is a need.

I can bring pounds of ground burger meat if necessary but would need to pat out patties...seems like frozen from GFS/Sams/etc might be the way to go for ease and speed.
    THIS. I get the feeling this is going to be a pretty sizeable celebration. The ability to slap burgers on the grill and go will be a huge help.

My 15YO loves hamburgers, and I find I waste too much time making my own vs throwing frozen pucks on the grill.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Sounds to me like you're volunteering to pat out all the burgers. Thanks! :thumbsup:
    Not too hard though.

Form into a ball, lay on wax paper, use a large dinner plate and press until desired thickness. Presto, one even thickness round burger.

Personally, I like to make them large 5-7" and thin then cook over very hot coals, they sear nicely, cook quickly and shrink to just the right size (if ground chuck 80/20).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't know at the moment if I can make it, but am more the willing to make a monetary donation to help cover any expenses.
    This is where I'm at. I would very much like to attend the memorial and celebrate the life of our beloved friend CM but I'm unfortunately unable to travel due to my health issues.

If there is any other way, I can contribute please feel free to PM me and let me know and I would gladly do so.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    This is where I'm at. I would very much like to attend the memorial and celebrate the life of our beloved friend CM but I'm unfortunately unable to travel due to my health issues.

If there is any other way, I can contribute please feel free to PM me and let me know and I would gladly do so.
    Off-topic for this thread, but I hope your issues get resolved quickly and fully.

I know I will bring my "good" SLR camera to record the day, it deserves more than just a bunch of cellphone pics.

Top Bottom