• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBoss930

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Going back to the dog situation, I don't think shooting "Princess" would have helped at all, and would probably have cause more trouble in the end (unless she was really biting hard enough to chew your leg off)
    just my .02

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    After scanning through the thread I do have one question which I realize there is no one answer but several of you mention quality gear. I realize and have purchased quality gear for my current carry weapon however I have kicked around carrying one of the 1911's I have but am struggling to find (in my opinion) a high quality leather holster I like that will ride close and high enough to conceal easily. What brands have you had success with other than crossbreed (I have one and love it for my xd but was exploring other options for a 1911)?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After scanning through the thread I do have one question which I realize there is no one answer but several of you mention quality gear. I realize and have purchased quality gear for my current carry weapon however I have kicked around carrying one of the 1911's I have but am struggling to find (in my opinion) a high quality leather holster I like that will ride close and high enough to conceal easily. What brands have you had success with other than crossbreed (I have one and love it for my xd but was exploring other options for a 1911)?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1911-holster-question-suggestions-please.html

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

For your holster question go to the general firearms section theres a 2 page thread on this going on right now

My most comfy choice is a Crossbreed Supertuck. Thats the only thing that my sissy hip can handle for an all day carry of a full size steel gun. :): They are so comfy I EDC a G19 in one easily, and my G42 is so comfy in one I literally forget Im wearing it after a couple hours.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    ...what about shooting at people who are no longer a threat?
    I'm not disagreeing with the part about continually seeking training and practicing to develop the mindset, etc., being a good thing. I wholeheartedly agree with that. But, to say it's something that needs to be done "or else" I can't agree with.

I think about my mom in situations like this. She's the classic, "I took my conceal and carry class so now I'm good" and NEVER carries her gun. But, it's there in the night stand if needed. Is she going to have the mindset and ability to defend herself at the gas pump? No. But, someone banging on the door at 2am will, most likely, meet an armed mother.

Not everyone is going to be condition orange all the time.

a high quality leather holster I like that will ride close and high enough to conceal easily.
    I carry my Para daily in a De Santis Invisible Agent holster.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not disagreeing with the part about continually seeking training and practicing to develop the mindset, etc., being a good thing. I wholeheartedly agree with that. But, to say it's something that needs to be done "or else" I can't agree with.

What do you think "or else" is?

Your quote:
    Plenty of Americans go through life without noticing anything at all. Should they be less able to defend themselves?

Should they be? No. Are they? Yes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I think about my mom in situations like this. She's the classic, "I took my conceal and carry class so now I'm good" and NEVER carries her gun. But, it's there in the night stand if needed. Is she going to have the mindset and ability to defend herself at the gas pump? No. But, someone banging on the door at 2am will, most likely, meet an armed mother.

Not everyone is going to be condition orange all the time.

I carry my Para daily in a De Santis Invisible Agent holster.

In that scenario, why carry if you cant use it effectively. (not saying she will carry, but others will )

I think the point(s) being made is that it is easier to carry a Glock (or any passive safety pistol) without training (or lots of practice) than it is to carry something like a 1911 with a manual safety. Lots of examples out there of those who bought the gun and the holster and called it "good to go" that are no longer with us because they didnt train for the gun they were carrying. Threat, draw, squeeze... nothing. (Oops, forgot the safety)

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Real 1911s are only available in .45 and they're all made by Colt. :rockwoot:

Good try Howard but this thread has already lived its life. I don't think any true 1911s exist anymore. Soon as Glock starts making them we know the end times are near. I appreciate the effort though.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    1911 is a large heavy gun to carry but to each there own

Indeed they are. But they are also easy to put rounds on Target, accurate, ergonomically friendly. And with the proper carry belt and holster carrying for 12 hours a day is comfortable. Did I mention that they have class as well.

Carry on

Top Bottom