• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Never heard the term “runner” but makes sense. I see you have over 80k, looks like you have some mileage under you belt! It seems the only running you’ve done is help run the site “grandmaster” lol. I sure it in the site if I search for it but what do the titles mean next to the names?

but what do the titles mean next to the names?
    Not really anything.
    The software just puts it there, based on how many posts you have.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You have to train ,train, train, and train some more. That damn thumb safety can get you killed!!!!

Purple maybe???
    Not really. I have always carried something with a thumb safety so it’s a natural act to flip it off with the draw. Something I find myself doing even when just unholstering. If you practice it enough you don’t think about it. Just becomes part of the motion.

Now if you’re used to one of those ugly plastic guns with no safety and horrible trigger it may be a problem. Mostly because you obviously have no taste and make poor decisions

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So I've been looking more into carrying lately, and wanted to know peoples opinion on the best carry gun, and also about carrying a 1911 pistol? and thoughts?
    Good question there BR. Carry an old full size 1911, newb. They're broken in. (this suggestion is just for BigRed)

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I carried a Colt .45 Officers model for a while, it was a good carry piece. I could shoot it well. The control, grip and recoil familiarity was nice. When COLT prices went through the roof and someone else wanted it very badly, It found a new home.

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Not really. I have always carried something with a thumb safety so it’s a natural act to flip it off with the draw. Something I find myself doing even when just unholstering. If you practice it enough you don’t think about it. Just becomes part of the motion.

Now if you’re used to one of those ugly plastic guns with no safety and horrible trigger it may be a problem. Mostly because you obviously have no taste and make poor decisions
    All I ever carry anymore is a 1911 of one size or another. Just been doing that for about 40 years now. Not into plastic pistols or striker fired hand guns. Never had a problem wiping the thumb safety as it comes out of the holster. I've never had " Buck Fever " either. Be fast but, stay calm.

Top Bottom