• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nlnyhuise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    SW Indy
    Yes I have been doing research galore trying to find tips and tricks on shooting. I know for the first time or two I go, I want my husband by my side, then I would like to take some actual classes. I don't like going into anything "blind" so I research, research, and talk some more lol. I just need to find a sitter so we can get out to the range!

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I got mine what she has shot plenty before.
    One just like the one I have.
    One less (different) mag and ammo to buy, weather she picks up mine or hers all function and operation is the same
    :twocents:

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Actual, the salesman helped confirm what I wanted. I had to my husband I wanted a 22. He all but laughed at me. But it's what I know and what I felt comfy with since I have not shot a gun in almost 10 years. When we went into the shop, I told the salesman my thoughts, and he agreed with me. You have to buy what you are comfy with, not what you should have. Now next year when it is time to buy a new gun I will get a 9mm or something else, but right now I am comfy with what I bought. He took the time with me to let me hold them all and let me get a feel for them. There was no rush, or pressure. I do not believe anyone can tell anyone what gun to buy. It's about what feels right for that person

Yipppeeee, I m so happy for you. I very much enjoy the SR 22, it's a lot of fun to shoot and a great place to start!

I ended up choosing a 38 snubby that I am very happy with, but I chose it, after doing a lot of research, (just like you did) and shooting a boatload of others.

Congrats!!!!!:)

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I took my wife to Pop guns. The service sucks their but she did pick out a kimber ultra carry ll in 45. Ladies out there who carry is this a good chioce for my wifes frist gun. I tried to talk her into a berrtta PX4 Storm which one would u carry

If she likes it, can shoot it, and will practice with it, then it's a perfect choice for her first gun.

I had an Ultra Carry II and it was a great little gun. I carry a .45, either a lightweight commander 1911 or an xds, depending on the day's activities.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Yes I have been doing research galore trying to find tips and tricks on shooting. I know for the first time or two I go, I want my husband by my side, then I would like to take some actual classes. I don't like going into anything "blind" so I research, research, and talk some more lol. I just need to find a sitter so we can get out to the range!

I hope you'll consider coming to the women's event we have planned for June 23rd. Would be a great time for learning. You could get some trigger time in a relaxed, but semi-structured format, and you can't beat the price.

Check out this thread for more info.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s/286813-womens_shooting_event_june_23rd.html

nlnyhuise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    SW Indy

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    took my wife to the range on her birthday, had her shoot my bersa thunder .22, now its hers as a birthday present. her only complaint is that the grip was not that comfortable and she was asking me for some other gun options.

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Great read in this forum... My wife currently searching out her 1st handgun and enjoyed this forum start --> last

HistoryGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Churubusco
    I'm trying to help my girlfriend find a gun for her, but her dad (a self-appointed gun expert) is being a butt about it. I almost had her getting a Bursa thunder .380 cc, but her dad said he knew a guy who had one under his bed that went off and put a hole in his bed. (How did that happen? :bash:) But now she's looking at a Ruger SR40C.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I'm trying to help my girlfriend find a gun for her, but her dad (a self-appointed gun expert) is being a butt about it. I almost had her getting a Bursa thunder .380 cc, but her dad said he knew a guy who had one under his bed that went off and put a hole in his bed. (How did that happen? :bash:) But now she's looking at a Ruger SR40C.

You could both step aside and let her choose. ;)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Has she shot either a .380, or a .40 ????? .40 kicks, or recoild a LOT MORE ..... JMHO.....

Top Bottom