• Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    June 23rd...Noon to 6pm
    Riley Conservation Club, near Terre Haute
    cost: $5 per person
    . (this is to help pay for the range rental and help with the insurance for the event)

We are offering this event in the interest of getting more women involved in shooting, to enjoy a day at the range, possibly forming a group to meet periodically for education, training, and promoting women and firearms.

Coach has graciously offered Bright Firearms Training as host for the event and he will be at the event as Range Officer.

Based on the requests that we've received, this is the plan:

We'll start at noon with sign-in and a safety meeting. Heading out to the range, we're planning to use 3 different bays. One bay will be set with steel, another with a USPSA type stage and a third just for plinking..multiple targets. There will likely be some targets for shotgun work, as well.

There's been some interest in sharing carry options, and we'll have some open discussion time for that. There will likely be a short lecture/discussion session with Coach included, too.

-Both INGO and non-INGO ladies are welcome, we just ask for you to pre-register.
    -New shooter? No problem.
    -No caliber requirement.
    -How much ammo do you need? That just depends on how much you plan to shoot.
    -We do ask that firearms be limited to pistol and shotgun. There may be opportunity to have a rifle session in the future.

I will post additional details as they as available. Please post here with any questions, and pm me to reserve your spot.

Looking forward to a great event!

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Do you know what the lecture/discussion topic will be?

Is the number of spots limited? If so, what is your maximum occupancy?

We don't have all of the details written in stone yet. When the topic is set, it will be posted.

As for a max number of students, we were originally thinking 20, but want to make sure that we have adequate coverage for each of bays before committing to a number. I will post, once that ceiling it determined. If I am overwhelmed with registrations in the next 24 hours, we will respond accordingly.

If you think you might have a woman interested in attending, and you or she have a request or suggestion, please feel free to make it.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I have a couple in mind. I plan to spread the word. I have one in particular I wish would be interested, but I doubt she'll go.

If there is anything I can do to support your efforts, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to help out (at the range or otherwise).

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I have a couple in mind. I plan to spread the word. I have one in particular I wish would be interested, but I doubt she'll go.

If there is anything I can do to support your efforts, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to help out (at the range or otherwise).

Thanks. Yes, please spread the word. Would be a great opportunity to get moms, g-mas, sisters, girlfriends, wives, daughters out to the range. Should be a great day.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to Jeepcrazed for handling this event. I am happy to help with the parts of this event that I can. I plan to bring at least a daughter to the event.

Let's get some ladies to the range for a day of shooting.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I got an email today from the Wabash Valley Limbhangers Chapter, of the National Wild Turkey Federation. They are willing to pay for a certain number of registrants for this event. Now, $5 isn't expensive, but get your registration in right away and it could be free. How cool is that?

If you're interested, pm me and I will get you a registration form.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Looking forward to this event. We have several businesses volunteering to support it by donating items that we can either use at the event, or even give away to participants.

I have registration forms coming in, but if you're interested, there's still time to get in on one of the free spots.

PM me for a registration form. If you have questions..post them up.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Am very interested.... But idk about the terre haute drive. Any plans on up northern way?

Where are you located? Maybe there are others interested from around your area and you all could share the drive...

This one is going to be a good time. Plus, it will be an excellent opportunity for us to share ideas and maybe even work it out to get an event in your neck of the woods at some future date.

Kimber-gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    Where are you located? Maybe there are others interested from around your area and you all could share the drive...

This one is going to be a good time. Plus, it will be an excellent opportunity for us to share ideas and maybe even work it out to get an event in your neck of the woods at some future date.

Hartford city...

Top Bottom