• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We have the opposite problem, people running out and pickup up the lose shell casings. I would highly doubt that any of the involved Brainiacs have the wherewithal to come up with such a scheme.
    Gee, if only they were smart enough to realize a revolver doesnt eject brass for your guys to find...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    A significant majority of the guns I took off bad guys had half empty mags and the rounds they did have in them were a hodgepodge of whatever they could find: FMJ, JHP, wadcutters, lead nose, you name it. I also had quite a few that had mismatched calibers like .380 mixed with 9mm, 9mm in a .40….
    No small wonder they jam.
    Too bad a couple don't blow up.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A significant majority of the guns I took off bad guys had half empty mags and the rounds they did have in them were a hodgepodge of whatever they could find: FMJ, JHP, wadcutters, lead nose, you name it. I also had quite a few that had mismatched calibers like .380 mixed with 9mm, 9mm in a .40….
    I always love looking at PD photos of confiscated guns and ammo. Dudes who are 100x more likely to be in a shootout than I ever will are out there carrying Taurus products, half loaded with Tula ball and grimy old rounds with visible bullet setback. No wonder people in criminal shootouts so frequently experience jams and failures.

Like, if I sold drugs for a living, I'd be carrying a gun that I'd personally run half a case of HSTs through without failure. I'd have a spreadsheet and be replacing recoil springs and mag springs at regular intervals. That thing is the difference between me living and me dying next to a gas pump at 7/11.

I'd be an amazing criminal. The bar is so low. Damn my moral compass.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    With crime scenes where we recover 30-60+ shell casings, they are looking for volume. They like Glocks with 30rd mags.
    How do these guys with the Glock in the waistband of the sweatpants and the stendo-mags not eliminate themselves via ND?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I always love looking at PD photos of confiscated guns and ammo. Dudes who are 100x more likely to be in a shootout than I ever will are out there carrying Taurus products, half loaded with Tula ball and grimy old rounds with visible bullet setback. No wonder people in criminal shootouts so frequently experience jams and failures.

Like, if I sold drugs for a living, I'd be carrying a gun that I'd personally run half a case of HSTs through without failure. I'd have a spreadsheet and be replacing recoil springs and mag springs at regular intervals. That thing is the difference between me living and me dying next to a gas pump at 7/11.

I'd be an amazing criminal. The bar is so low. Damn my moral compass.
    If they were smart enough to carry reliable guns and ammo, they probably wouldnt be doing the crap they do.

Reactions: Ark

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    How do these guys with the Glock in the waistband of the sweatpants and the stendo-mags not eliminate themselves via ND?
    We get the occasional walk-in GSW to a local hospital in our district with various leg and hand wounds from inadvertent trigger pulls. On a side note, not that long ago, I was on a homicide scene and the family was gathering. One female in the group was "open carrying" what looked like a Sig. I quote the open carry because she was wearing a tank top and looked like a can of biscuits about ready to explode. She stuffed the barrel end of her Sig into the top of her bra, on the side of her boob. The grip was close to her face. I wished I took a picture. Strange strange world

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We get the occasional walk-in GSW to a local hospital in our district with various leg and hand wounds from inadvertent trigger pulls. On a side note, not that long ago, I was on a homicide scene and the family was gathering. One female in the group was "open carrying" what looked like a Sig. I quote the open carry because she was wearing a tank top and looked like a can of biscuits about ready to explode. She stuffed the barrel end of her Sig into the top of her bra, on the side of her boob. The grip was close to her face. I wished I took a picture. Strange strange world
    There's something to be said here about a proper holster.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Dont get me started on women who use their bra as a purse. Wet boob cash is nasty.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Jiggle Carry?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the article:

• As those pandemic-era funds run out, Hogsett is proposing to make initiatives like the Peacemakers gun violence reduction program a permanent part of the city's operational budget under the Office of Public Health and Safety.
    • The OPHS budget would grow by 41% under Hogsett's plan.
    I hope he's planning on funding that by cutting funding to public assistance to the people in the neighborhoods that are experiencing the highest level of crime. It's their problem. Let them pay for it.

Top Bottom