• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Large criminal constituencies prefer leadership that serves their wants. When Indy is worse than chicago the blue lever legions will still be pulling blue levers.
    Yep, it's past the tipping point. People who want gibs and people who want to keep their scumbag boyfriend/brother/cousin out of jail are now 69% of Indianapolis voters.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    God please save us!!! That idiot Hog$hit won again because of a particular constituency that doesn’t care about crime and the sinking of a Democrat controlled city.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    In this particular election? It will make things as better or worse as voting to be executed by firing squad or beheading. An illusion of input with the same outcome.

Remember how much better everything was under Ballard? :dunno: But REEpublICan!!! Hiring freeze we never recovered from, fleet neglected to the point we *still* have CVPIs in service. Talent drain and morale in free fall because he hired a professional police impersonator to waste millions of dollars repaneling his office... So much difference.
    Your FOP probably endorsed him too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One us either at the table or on the menu, your choice. Not voting at all equals on the menu…
    Normally I would agree. Like I said, this is the first time I've left a position blank. There was no "lesser of two evils" to vote for this time. They're both the same evil. Both Democrats, regardless of the letter behind Shreve's name.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't like wolves in sheep's clothing.
    Exactly.
    If Shreve had been elected, a lot of people would've dropped their guard assuming that since he's a "Republican", we have less to worry about now.

When actually, Shreve's stance on gun control shows us his lack of regard for ALL of our civil rights, and would knife us in the back as much as any Democrat would.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Mayors help shape policy and make decisions about who gets the money. While they don't put or keep people in jail, they will be appointing or influencing the people who are involved in that activity. Today they are mostly figureheads for machines.

I think most mayors would like to see their towns with less crime, so would a lot of the citizens. The difficulty they have is when you make policies like the old "broken windows" one, your administration is accused of racist behavior. It's easier these days just to hand out money to non profits and use that as the scale of success.

The non profits then help you in the elections by "getting out" the vote or whatever you want to call it.;)

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Hogsett said in his victory speech that he will work to change guns laws for Marion County.
    Whadda maroon! Like people won't drive 5 miles to get out of Marion County to buy guns.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Hogsett said in his victory speech that he will work to change guns laws for Marion County.
    Whadda maroon! Like people won't drive 5 miles to get out of Marion County to buy guns.
    I seriously doubt the legislature will go along with his plan. And who is he going to get to enforce a ban on AR-15s, IMPD officers that personally own AR-15s? No way he asks for police to be exempt.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I seriously doubt the legislature will go along with his plan. And who is he going to get to enforce a ban on AR-15s, IMPD officers that personally own AR-15s? No way he asks for police to be exempt.
    Agree completely. This is the same smoke screen he brought out 6 months ago to shift blame from himself to the Big Meanies in the legislature. He won't get a Marion County exemption but he does win an excuse that he has a plan and would have stopped all crime if the legislature had only let him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom