Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I did something I've never done today. I left my vote blank for the mayoral race. I couldn't bring myself to vote for Shreve and I sure as hell wasn't going to vote for Hogsett. There doesn't seem to be a nickel's worth of difference between them.
    FOr the first time in as far as I can remember, I didnt vote.
    I left for the office at 5am. Then I had back to back to back meetings all day, followed by a PT appt across town, and then a meeting a church at 6 with barely enough time to grab a sandwich in the drive through.

So given there wasnt really anybody worth voting for this time, I didnt try to make my life any harder by trying to cram one more thing into my day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If the Bored Rich Dude(tm) fails, it will be interesting to see what he does. Given he was a literal clone of Mayor Stinky Shoes, I wouldnt be surprised if he lands an appointment somewhere in Hogsett's administration.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is why republicans lose and the dems keep right in trucking. How many “moderate“ dems run fairly conservative but almost ALWAYS vote with the left? A lot! Dems will vote for their teammate no matter what they say. Conservatives must be told what they want to hear and have their back massaged.

Do ANY of you high principled people actually think a candidate that says what you believe could EVER get elected mayor of Indy? Heck no!

The choices were leftist and and a guy that was not a full on leftist and might have been a conservative saying what it takes to be seen as a capable moderate in a leftist city. Any action other than a vote for Shreve is a vote for leftists. Whether or not it made a difference will never be known because the machine got so many to not vote…
    Shreve lost me when he flipped on the gun control thing. Simple as that. Don't believe he's a moderate anything. He's full blown leftist other than his abortion stance, which has nothing to do with the mayor's office, which he acknowledged. Still went from an NRA "A" rating to full on gun banner. I cannot trust him after that.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Shreve lost me when he flipped on the gun control thing. Simple as that. Don't believe he's a moderate anything. He's full blown leftist other than his abortion stance, which has nothing to do with the mayor's office, which he acknowledged. Still went from an NRA "A" rating to full on gun banner. I cannot trust him after that.

You couldn't trust him before that either. Guy runs under the "R" banner but every policy is either hard left/soft left/or not the mayor's job. I've never seen a politician lose his spine faster than this joker. The two candidates for Mayor of Indy were "Option A" or also "Option A but with a different name".

What should really be a heated debate is what will it take to get REAL CONSERVATIVES back on the ballot. The republican party leadership should be ashamed of themselves with this mess.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you trust the leftist dem to run things more? You do not get the candidates you dream of, you get reality.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just saw Hogsett say he was going to get guns off the street, but he didn't say he was going to protect women's abortion rights. Wasn't that one of his campaign promises?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Got it. Do you guys think not voting will make things better or worse?

In this particular election? It will make things as better or worse as voting to be executed by firing squad or beheading. An illusion of input with the same outcome.

Remember how much better everything was under Ballard? :dunno: But REEpublICan!!! Hiring freeze we never recovered from, fleet neglected to the point we *still* have CVPIs in service. Talent drain and morale in free fall because he hired a professional police impersonator to waste millions of dollars repaneling his office... So much difference.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Got it. Do you guys think not voting will make things better or worse?
    That depends on who the candidates are.

The Republican Party stupidly backed a Republican mayoral candidate who tried to "out Democrat" his Democrat opponent and he lost as expected.

The Republican party never seems to learn that strategy rarely works.
    You win by offering REAL CHANGE, not "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    In this particular election? It will make things as better or worse as voting to be executed by firing squad or beheading. An illusion of input with the same outcome.

Remember how much better everything was under Ballard? :dunno: But REEpublICan!!! Hiring freeze we never recovered from, fleet neglected to the point we *still* have CVPIs in service. Talent drain and morale in free fall because he hired a professional police impersonator to waste millions of dollars repaneling his office... So much difference.
    Don't forget BlueIndy and all the prime parking spaces it took over.

Top Bottom