• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Doesn't the chief of police answer to the mayor? What's your current pursuit policy?
    Yes. And I've posted it before. Basically no pursuits for infractions or stolen vehicles without other factors involved. Again, what does that have to do with keeping someone in or out of jail? The Chief has no control over bail or custody issues, and neither does the Mayor.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes. And I've posted it before. Basically no pursuits for infractions or stolen vehicles without other factors involved. Again, what does that have to do with keeping someone in or out of jail? The Chief has no control over bail or custody issues, and neither does the Mayor.
    If you can't chase and catch someone who flees how can you put them in jail? I agree that the Mayor and Chief have no control over bail or custody, but you have to be able to catch/arrest them before it gets to that point.

He has some effect/control over the catch part of catch and release.

And that doesn't take in the effects of morale. And/or hiring standards, and the quality of the applicants they get in the first place. How many officers on INGO have said the wouldn't have gotten into LE if the LE environment was the same then as it is now? Or wouldn't recommend getting into it now.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If you can't chase and catch someone who flees how can you put them in jail? I agree that the Mayor and Chief have no control over bail or custody, but you have to be able to catch/arrest them before it gets to that point.

He has some effect/control over the catch part of catch and release.

And that doesn't take in the effects of morale. And/or hiring standards, and the quality of the applicants they get in the first place. How many officers on INGO have said the wouldn't have gotten into LE if the LE environment was the same then as it is now? Or wouldn't recommend getting into it now.
    I'm only referring to bail and custody. All of the other things are ancillary.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

I wonder if hog***** happened to notice the condition of the roads on his way to the commie rally.

What a worthless piece of ****.

But hey, that's what Indy wants!

Top Bottom