• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I would say it is extremely impractical considering wearing that on hunting or public places, It can be easily substituted with hard plates with coating, it absorbs all fragments and does not make you look weird
    That's until the coating fails and then you get a unlucky fragment in a jugular. The coating can only last so many shots.

Why would you wear body armor hunting? Or going to the grocery store?

1656054782000.png
    The above neck armor you put on over your plate carrier.
    Only time I'd wear armor is if I was knowingly going into harms way.

1656055570863.png

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    That's until the coating fails and then you get a unlucky fragment in a jugular. The coating can only last so many shots.

So you can look wierd!
    It doesn’t sound like you live in a very fun place!

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis

View attachment 207710

View attachment 207711
    Coating would fail if you get shot in singe spot 2-3 times which is extremely unlikely.
    Regarding hunting, I know multiple stories where hunters were confused and they shoot another hunters thinking they are animals.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I kinda go another route.
    5:11 backpacks a sling bag in front and a 24 in back both with ceramic plates Where the water bags would go in the back.

the sling goes to the front and the backpack well goes in the back. Not the best for a true WWROL SITUATION. Good enough for what a nearly 60 year old man will do.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Coating would fail if you get shot in singe spot 2-3 times which is extremely unlikely.
    Regarding hunting, I know multiple stories where hunters were confused and they shoot another hunters thinking they are animals.
    I'm thinking of something that will survive multiple hits over many years if needed. Not just an encounter.
    If we ever have days like those seen in the Book of Eli kind of thinking.
    I like steel plate because it doesn't smash in 2" deep into your chest cavity, and breaking bone if over the heart it could stop it a hard blow like that from say a 308-win or higher into a ceramic plate.
    Steel you can buy trauma pads to help that out, and neck protection If needed for future use.

As to hunting.
    I've hunted all my life and never encounter that. I do wear orange vest and hat so that might help.

akrylov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I'm thinking of something that will survive multiple hits over many years if needed. Not just an encounter.
    If we ever have days like those seen in the Book of Eli kind of thinking.
    I like steel plate because it doesn't smash in 2" deep into your chest cavity, and breaking bone if over the heart it could stop it a hard blow like that from say a 308-win or higher into a ceramic plate.
    Steel you can buy trauma pads to help that out, and neck protection If needed for future use.

As to hunting.
    I've hunted all my life and never encounter that. I do wear orange vest and hat so that might help.
    I agree about steel plates over kevlar and other traumatic staff, I prefer to carry some weight instead of dying from internal bleeding.
    Regarding hunting, I know 2 accidents, one of them from a person I know, one of the hunters used a thermal camera to aim

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Y'all keep talking about getting shot. You're not supposed to get shot and armor is there should you make a mistake and catch  A round. I'm thinking if you're standing still long enough to let them shoot you multiple times in the same place, you weren't ment to survive a shtf event.

Reactions: Mij

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Y'all keep talking about getting shot. You're not supposed to get shot and armor is there should you make a mistake and catch  A round. I'm thinking if you're standing still long enough to let them shoot you multiple times in the same place, you weren't ment to survive a shtf event.
    “If you ain’t shooting, you should be reloading. And if you’re reloading, you should be moving.”

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Who makes that good looking rig ? We need more info ! :)

INGO purchase. Timing was spot on, been looking at some management solutions for a few kinks in my armor.

It really cleans up the load out. Now to get out and test it! (A group of us coworkers have a weekend planned in Oct. to run drills/and do an overnight in full kit.)

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

INGO purchase. Timing was spot on, been looking at some management solutions for a few kinks in my armor.

It really cleans up the load out. Now to get out and test it! (A group of us coworkers have a weekend planned in Oct. to run drills/and do an overnight in full kit.)
    I had one of those for a while. Great carrier, but the straps were just too darn close together for my big 'ol neck.

Close-in, thin straps are the new hotness in PCs, but they just don't work for me.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I had one of those for a while. Great carrier, but the straps were just too darn close together for my big 'ol neck.

Close-in, thin straps are the new hotness in PCs, but they just don't work for me.

I had a tacticon that was bad for that. These seem ok as long as I have a collared shirt. We'll see once I get to moving around in it.

About the same shoulder placement as previous rig, but definitely less abrasive material on the neck meat.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

View attachment 207710

View attachment 207711
    And then for how many hours or days can you wear it?

Top Bottom