• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

INGO purchase. Timing was spot on, been looking at some management solutions for a few kinks in my armor.

It really cleans up the load out. Now to get out and test it! (A group of us coworkers have a weekend planned in Oct. to run drills/and do an overnight in full kit.)
    Sounds great, why not July or Aug when its 95 -100* with a 55 lb ruck on your back.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Not pooping on armor - I've got some myself.

Also not pooping on steel plates there are definitely good even great steel armor out there. The problems are:
    1) spray on rubber spall protection isnt very effective
    2) many companies dont use actual AR plate or don't heat treat it properly
    3) steel plate companies DECEPTIVELY MARKET plates as stoping m855 ... that's great, but .gov agencies use 855A1 now that is both hotter and has a better penetrator. They are counting on you not knowing that. Additionally most steel plates are vulnerable to the faster and cheaper m193 ball, especially from a full length (20") barrel - they seldom if ever test for this COMMON threat combo because they know their products fail it. (Some like scorpion gear and predator do) Again, they count on you not knowing that.

Inexpensive kevlar spall bags are a great upgrade you dont see mentioned much. They are FAR more effective at catching frag than either a coating or the plate carriers nylon (ballistic or otherwise).

There are also higher grades if AR plate. AR500, real and through tempered or not, is one of the lower grades of armor steel. AR550 AND AR650 are significantly harder and thus can be thinner and lighter overall for a similar amount of money.

Predator armor systems offers very thin AR650 plates that are laminated with actual kevlar and rated for both m193 and m855 for prices that are competitive with other companies.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    A few minor rearrangements. The idea is to support both weapons with additional ammo independently.

Added low rise m4 pouches to side plate & appendix spot on belt. Not pictured is TQ holder on belt just between the pistol mags and buckle. (That was a + from a medkit in the backpacking gear.) There is a dump pouch at o'clock 6 on the belt as well.

1000002533.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    A few minor rearrangements. The idea is to support both weapons with additional ammo independently.

Added low rise m4 pouches to side plate & appendix spot on belt. Not pictured is TQ holder on belt just between the pistol mags and buckle. (That was a + from a medkit in the backpacking gear.) There is a dump pouch at o'clock 6 on the belt as well.

View attachment 323408
    Ever shoot prone with that load out?

duanewade

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2019
    Columbia City

View attachment 323408

I don't think that you have enough spare ammo on that rig LOL

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Top view for the skeptics. It manages better than double stack m4 pouches.

1000002563.jpg

The idea is I train around my gear,and find what works best for me. I've gone through many variations across multiple rigs. If you aren't failing & evolving, then you aren't learning. One size does not fit all like yoga pants

Top Bottom