• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I never comment in the politics section, but I am sick and Fn tired of watching INGO divide itself with this stupid crap. We are better than this. We are a community of people that praise, and we support each other, and we're compassionate.

What the hell happened to the INGO of 2012 where people could disagree without calling each other Assh*les. We respected one another, and we could talk cordially, not just throwing Sh*t at people that disagreed.

Man, politics has absolutely screwed us these days. It's taking the one thing we all love and making us hate each other for it. And after 14 years on this forum, it makes me sad to see you all treating each other this way.

We love the same thing. We fight for the same thing. Now stop sh*tting on each other, for fks sake.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I'm not that familiar with the Grand Jury process, but I was under the impression that it was still to be a "jury of one's peers". Now, given Trump's base, and the jury pool in NY, where do you suppose he would find his "peers" (using that term loosely - I know he was a NY Liberal)? I suspect this might be tried differently in the midwest than it would be in NYC. I don't know that to be fact though.
    There are Jury selection professionals that handle high profile cases like this. They are *typically* sympathetic to the defense, but everyone is innocent until proven guilty. They're going to have a difficult vetting process on this one.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again, I’m no lawyer. I am also no political strategist.

I would guess they either want to enter evidence into public record or secure a plea agreement.

I don’t see this as an attempt at character assassination…that has no effect on Trump and would be worse than a total waste of effort, it plays right into Trumps strengths.
    If it’s a legit case the charges should be straightforward and fitting. Like I said I suspect they’ll not be.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I never comment in the politics section, but I am sick and Fn tired of watching INGO divide itself with this stupid crap. We are better than this. We are a community of people that praise, and we support each other, and we're compassionate.

What the hell happened to the INGO of 2012 where people could disagree without calling each other Assh*les. We respected one another, and we could talk cordially, not just throwing Sh*t at people that disagreed.

Man, politics has absolutely screwed us these days. It's taking the one thing we all love and making us hate each other for it. And after 14 years on this forum, it makes me sad to see you all treating each other this way.

We love the same thing. We fight for the same thing. Now stop sh*tting on each other, for fks sake.
    I dunno…. I don’t see it as dire as you. The biggest divide politically is nobody-but-Trump vs let’s-vet-others-beside-Trump folks.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No, defense of the nation against the communists who have infiltrated our government and institutions. The people who use violence on a daily basis to spread their degenerate ideology and belief system, without repercussion.

I couldn't care less about trump at this point, he's a bandaid for a stage 4 cancer patient.
    Well I won't argue with what you posted. Pretty sure we were posting about different things. I was coming from the Trump indictment context hence my query regarding picking up arms or committing violence in defense of Trump over this indictment.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I dunno…. I don’t see it as dire as you. The biggest divide politically is nobody-but-Trump vs let’s-vet-others-beside-Trump folks.
    It's people that blindly follow a felon vs people on the other side that blindly follow a felon.

Anyone that thinks the people in power give one tiny Fk about you are blind. Get arrested and PM them to bail you out. They DO NOT care about you.

No one you elected cares about you. No one.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I see it as people that blindly follow a felon vs people on the other side that blindly follow a felon.

There are no good politicians anymore, and anyone that thinks the rich care about you should save me whatever they're smoking.
    Oh I agree we (royal we) no longer want to stand on our own 2 feet. We put our faith in politicIan’s and are then disappointed when they (like us) act in their own self interest. Thomas Massie is about the only one that I’ll trust implicitly…and I’ve heard him tell a supporter one time to never trust any politician, even him. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Now I remember the INGO of 2012. It’s a few different folks now. With a few different strokes. Back then it was mostly the libertarians fighting with the conservatives in the political subforum. Now, I guess there are also more things people divide over.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Now I remember the INGO of 2012. It’s a few different folks now. With a few different strokes. Back then it was mostly the libertarians fighting with the conservatives in the political subforum. Now, I guess there are also more things people divide over.
    We weren't libertarians back then, we were just (mostly) polite people that didn't have to personally insult one another to feel like we were winning an argument.

We didn't need to win. It was a discussion, not just a p*ssing contest.

Fkn daytime TV and culture these days says "those that yell loudest win" despite facts or actual thought. I'm so tired of that sh*t. People that have no facts and yell loudest win. People that think they're rights are being oppressed and yell loudest win.

Stop it. No one is winning and America is suffering.

What is good for the people of one state is NOT good for the people of another. If NY wants to ban guns in a voter referendum, ok. If Texas wants to ban abortion in a voter referendum, ok. Those votes don't matter what happens to the people of Indiana. That's they're battle to fight. We should have absolutely NO say in their state issues. We're not part of that state. It is NOT our problem.

We should focus on issues in Indiana. We all know the Federal government doesn't represent the whole of the country. Within this state, there are issue that we all agree and disagree on. So let's not focus on what's going on in NY state legislature, or CA state legislature.

Pretty sure most of the posting in the politics forum is just from people that want to bitch about the rest of the country. Interesting how you call yourself patriots while crapping on the rest of the US states. Maybe you should just be hoosiers at this point and leave everyone else alone.

The rest of the country is not your problem at this point. We all know the fracture is coming. Figure your sh*t out at home before complaining about everyone else. And we have a LONG way to go in Indiana.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Like I said. I don’t think this is even about a conviction. It’s not a play for justice. This is a play for 2024.
    When you have to try and use a novel approach to contort what would otherwise be a misdemeanor into a felony i think it's rather obvious this indictment brought at this time is about the '24 election. They need to squeeze out a felony out of a misdemeanor in order to try and keep Trump off the ticket,

Last edited:

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    When you have to try and use a novel approach to contort what would otherwise be a misdemeanor into a felony to try and keep Trump off the ticket, I think it's rather obvious this indictment brought at this time is about the '24 election.
    Campaign finance violations are a felony. Doesn't matter what candidate. It's a felony. NY State candidates... felony. President of the United States... felony. It's the law. And if you break it, you're a felon. No matter where you come from, he broke campaign finance laws. Felony.

I'm a republican, but he committed a felony. There is no legal recourse for that. It is a FELONY.

And legally - if convicted - he can't even own a firearms. Poor guy. Know why? Felony.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Campaign finance violations are a felony. Doesn't matter what candidate. It's a felony. NY State candidates... felony. President of the United States... felony. It's the law. And if you break it, you're a felon. No matter where you come from, he broke campaign finance laws. Felony.

I'm a republican, but he committed a felony. There is no legal recourse for that. It is a FELONY.

And legally - if convicted - he can't even own a firearms. Poor guy. Know why? Felony.
    Not according to the FEC he didn't. Sounds like you already have him convicted.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah, I’m not going to hold my breath for that either.

From my perspective, they better have the goods on him. If this is all just a stunt I think they are blowing the door wide open for his re-election…and I have to think they know that.
    Linguini x wall = "whatever we can get"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I believe that this case they are trying to pin Trump on is about falsifying business records and that is a State misdemeanor. To upgrade it to a felony they have to try and tie it into a federal violation.

The Feds declined to pursue it.

Notice that the source I cited is not from Fox News.

Under state law, falsifying business records is a misdemeanor. To bring a more serious charge, prosecutors would have to demonstrate it was carried out to advance or conceal another crime, such as breaking election law, legal experts say.
    But policing criminal violations of federal campaign statutes is the purview of the US Department of Justice. And seeking to link federal election law to a potential violation of state law would be difficult, said Richard Hasen, an election law expert and law professor at the University of California-Los Angeles

“It is not a violation of state law to not follow federal law, so it’s hard to see how that federal charge lines up with the state charge,” Hasen said.

Last edited:

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Ok, so when will the Clintons, Hunter Biden, Obama, Soros and the rest of the Democraps and their Cabal be indicted for crimes against the citizens of the USA? When will the Republicans grow a pair or two and go after the Democrats for real? Seems to me the gloves are off! Wake up America or the country we love will be lost! God please help us ???
    I'm with you until that last phrase. The founding fathers did not wait for god to found this country. The did it themselves. We are getting there.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't have anyone convicted, but if I sh*t in my own hand and asked you to shake it, I'm pretty sure you'd decline.
    Pretty much looked to me like you already have him convicted.

No matter where you come from, he broke campaign finance laws. Felony.

Top Bottom