• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So as a member of law enforcement is it standard op to encourage everyone to engage in violent protest? Get out there and don't cower and fret about image!

:)
    Quote a post where I encourage violent protest, and win a free puppy carcass.

Last edited:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    This says it all. You're cool with political prosecutions which this one blatantly is that numerous others declined to pursue.

Don't you think it's funny that this all came about after Trump announced his intentions to run in "24?

Can you tell me with a straight face that this kind of case should take top priority when NYC is riddled with violent crime? It's a waste of resources just to Get Trump.

I haven‘t interacted with you much on the forum, so I don’t have a strong feeling for where you are coming from, but please take a breath and reconsider my post from a less personal position, I am not attacking you.

That I’m “cool with political prosecutions” is a rather cynical take-away from what I actually wrote, and I’d like to unpack that a bit.

Any criminal investigation of any political figure can be argued to have some degree of political motivation, do you not agree?

Should we allow political figures to evade responsibility for their legitimately criminal actions simply because it might result in some political opponent gaining some amount of unearned political capital? I don’t think that is an equitable trade.

It is up to the State to prove its case against Trump…the proof will be in the pudding: if Trump is guilty of the felony charges with which he was formally indicted then the “political persecution“ argument is moot…he’s a felon regardless of the political implications...those only matter if he is not guilty.

Isn’t this exactly how the system is supposed to work?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree. 100%

This is long overdue, and I don’t care if it encourages political witch hunting. The would-be ruling class needs to be reminded that they are not, in fact, more equal than the other animals in the barnyard.

Trump campaigned on draining the swamp…actually being held accountable for his own misdeeds would be the most powerful action he could ever hope to take in pursuit of that goal.

Godspeed President Trump, here’s hoping you take more swamp rats down the drain with you.
    I’m not a big Trump fan. I’m also not a fan of witch hunts. This is a witch hunt. But let’s see what charges they bring and how consistently they bring them. I have a feeling they’re going to be testing some new legal theories just to get this political moment.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Like getting a jury from a county that voted 80% Biden?

I am no lawyer, but I would think that qualify for consideration for change of venue, maybe?

I voted Biden. I don’t like Trump. I would try to be excused from that jury due to my own bias, but if I were picked I would do my best to view the facts in evidence impartially.

If I cannot make a sincere effort toward impartiality for someone I don’t like, how could I have faith that others will do so for me?

…and let’s be honest here: I am far more likely to end up in front of a jury than Trump, this case has a snowball’s chance in hell of going to trial.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is up to the State to prove its case against Trump…the proof will be in the pudding: if Trump is guilty of the felony charges with which he was formally indicted then the “political persecution“ argument is moot…he’s a felon regardless of the political implications...those only matter if he is not guilty.
    And if he is exonerated or the charges are dropped, I'm certain we can get apologetic statements from those that instigated this, along with an admission that they were indeed only pursuing it as a political maneuver.

iu

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am no lawyer, but I would think that qualify for consideration for change of venue, maybe?

I voted Biden. I don’t like Trump. I would try to be excused from that jury due to my own bias, but if I were picked I would do my best to view the facts in evidence impartially.

If I cannot make a sincere effort toward impartiality for someone I don’t like, how could I have faith that others will do so for me?

…and let’s be honest here: I am far more likely to end up in front of a jury than Trump, this case has a snowball’s chance in hell of going to trial.
    Then why are they bringing it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    he probably SHOULD be indicted. Dude is a scumbag liar - always has been. Funny how the long-time north-east limosuine liberal democrat fooled so many so-called conservatives into worshiping him.
    If we’re gonna indict scumbag liars, let’s not be selective. That means every scum bag liar you’ve voted for too. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. Indict them all.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Quote a post where I encourage violent protest, and win a free puppy carcass.

Oh IDK. Looked to me like you were encouraging the other side to get in the game and not cower and fret about image. You can keep your puppy carcass. Wouldn't wanna break up your collection.

If one side can use violence with impunity, while the other side cowers and frets about image, guess which side has already lost.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    And if he is exonerated or the charges are dropped, I'm certain we can get apologetic statements from those that instigated this, along with an admission that they were indeed only pursuing it as a political maneuver.

iu

Yeah, I’m not going to hold my breath for that either.

Legally speaking, I think the grand jury indictment is supposed to the be “check and balance” to a purely political prosecution…

…however…

Realistically, I don’t know how much resistance a grand jury really offers to a purely political prosecution from a motivated prosecutor.

Again, the proof seems to be in the pudding…do they really have the goods? The legal process exists to answer that exact question...and I still have faith that it will, in one way or another.

From my perspective, they better have the goods on him. If this is all just a stunt I think they are blowing the door wide open for his re-election…and I have to think they know that.

There are several other ongoing criminal investigations into Trump, and a couple of those cases look more compelling to me. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds. I don’t think a guilty verdict hurts Trump politically nearly as much as dismissal would hurt his opposition politically.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So as a group of gun owners we should be willing to use guns in a broader context of self defense if it comes to that in defense of Trump to stop the persecution? Seems to me that your post suggests it.

No, defense of the nation against the communists who have infiltrated our government and institutions. The people who use violence on a daily basis to spread their degenerate ideology and belief system, without repercussion.

I couldn't care less about trump at this point, he's a bandaid for a stage 4 cancer patient.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Every politician - left, right and center that sells a seat, commits campaign funds fraud, lies under oath or otherwise abuses his power - no matter your political sense - should be out of a job. FK you and your career is over. I'm not sure why we can't agree on this.

Biden sells secrets and takes money - out of office
    Clinton sells secrets and takes money - out of office
    Bush sells secrets and takes money - out of office
    Trump sells secrets and takes money- out of office

It's not a left, right, or center issue. EVERYONE is accountable. Just because your news outlet doesn't think your political messiah is guilty doesn't mean they shouldn't be accountable. Both sides.

Everyone is accountable. Everyone is accountable. EVERYONE is accountable. And they should all be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I'd like to see them all perp walk. All the way back to Reagan. Dig his ass up.

liar-liar-jim-carrey.gif

Last edited:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Then why are they bringing it?

Again, I’m no lawyer. I am also no political strategist.

I would guess they either want to enter evidence into public record or secure a plea agreement.

I don’t see this as an attempt at character assassination…that has no effect on Trump and would be worse than a total waste of effort, it plays right into Trumps strengths.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Realistically, I don’t know how much resistance a grand jury really offers to a purely political prosecution from a motivated prosecutor.
    I'm not that familiar with the Grand Jury process, but I was under the impression that it was still to be a "jury of one's peers". Now, given Trump's base, and the jury pool in NY, where do you suppose he would find his "peers" (using that term loosely - I know he was a NY Liberal)? I suspect this might be tried differently in the midwest than it would be in NYC. I don't know that to be fact though.

Top Bottom