• ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Remember when the clerk had to wipe the dust off a bottle of McKenna BIB to ring it up?
    Few knew about it and it was available almost everywhere, one award and I haven't seen one in the wild in 5 years.
    This was about 2 weeks ago for me. But yes, Blanton's, ER, etc was everywhere.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I love Quaff On beers but haven't been too keen on most of the Hard Truth liquors. I've yet to try the Rye though. I'll try it next time I'm over in Brown County.
    Not a big of the 100% indiana rye but I do like the Hard Truth Sweet Mash(preferably Carmel or malt) but I'm a little biased.

Did try some stuff called OilFire...it's sweet and still has that bourbon kick. 80 proof as well so the novice would enjoy it.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    my first time having Four Roses single barrel tonight. it's surprisingly sweet, brown sugar finish is strong. very easy drinking. I didn't know what to expect with 100 proof but this is a winner. Take that for what it's worth, I can't give a proper review as I don't have the most advanced palate for bourbon lol cheers y'all
    That's good to hear, been wanting to pick up a bottle of 4 roses soon to make some glaze

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Not $50. I have to share, a picture, not a pour. Sorry.

Found on the shelf in Southern Indiana.
    218e2b4cbf7f8819d7c522c08707b12d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Not $50. I have to share, a picture, not a pour. Sorry.

Found on the shelf in Southern Indiana.
    218e2b4cbf7f8819d7c522c08707b12d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    How much would that bad boy set you back? We have 14 year schoonover at work, $199 for the regular and $249 for the smoked one. Tried it, it's good but not sure I'd pay that much for it. I would however accept a generous donation though...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I’m just starting to venture out into the world of better bourbons. Sipping a little Knob Creek 9 for the first time tonight.
    View attachment 244803
    Solid. I'm going to recommend an app for any and all (which goes beyond bourbon). This can help you develop your palette as a starting point or progressing point. Screenshot_20221228-204542_One UI Home.jpg

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Lots of good bourbon & rye selections mentioned here.

I would add Angels Envy bourbon to the list of easy to drink and very enjoyable for those who like maker’s and other sweet and smooth bourbons. One of my favorites to enjoy neat, and relatively easy to find under 50.

Basil Hayden dark rye is one of my favorites, and a good ‘starter’ rye for those just getting a taste for ryes.

Angels Envy Rye is a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion. Initial nose is straight up maple donut, sips sweet and spicy with an extremely smooth finish.

Top Bottom