• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The EC 18 yrs runs mid two hundreds. I hear it's very "oaky" & not for everyone. I haven't opened it yet.

I tend to shy away from the really old bourbons but wanted to give this one a try.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I'm sure its been mentioned before, but I'm too lazy to read 3,306 posts to find out.

Evan Williams Bottled in Bond and Old Granddad Bottled in Bond are two of the best pours for the money in today's market.

I used to keep a good supply of $$$ whiskey around the house but with the exception of gifted bottles or the occasional bottle of Four Roses Small Batch Select, these are what top my liquor shelf these days.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I was gifted a bottle of Rabbit Hole Boxergrail rye. I am enjoying it. I would say a little more spicy than my go to ryes which are Wild Turkey 101, Woodford Reserve & Bulleit. I don't care for Knobs Creek rye for some reason but thought their bourbon was decent. FWIW, tried Hotel Tango rye, and although it was very different, I enjoyed it but not one I would want regularly. I like trying different whiskeys and curious about others thoughts on any of these or recommendations.

Scenarfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2018
    Hamilton County
    Mmmm 2022
    Lucky year to find some Blantons.
    Not quite under 50

View attachment 242598

Meijer has some exceptional brands right now. The Cumberland Meijer certainly has impressed me and at cheaper costs vs the Liquor Store.
    I entered in a few drawings for
    VanWinkle SR 2022, EagleRare Single, another Blantons over at the South Broadripple beer and wine store hope I win!!!!!!!
    Elite’s owner knows how to pick ‘em!!!! I find his single barrel picks are well matched with my likings. Won’t pass one up, his Rebel barrel pick is great too.

Hassiebawked

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 18, 2019
    South Central Indiana
    I was gifted a bottle of Rabbit Hole Boxergrail rye. I am enjoying it. I would say a little more spicy than my go to ryes which are Wild Turkey 101, Woodford Reserve & Bulleit. I don't care for Knobs Creek rye for some reason but thought their bourbon was decent. FWIW, tried Hotel Tango rye, and although it was very different, I enjoyed it but not one I would want regularly. I like trying different whiskeys and curious about others thoughts on any of these or recommendations.
    Evan Williams Bottled In Bond has beat Blantons in MANY blind rate tests. I would suggest that or Makers Mark 46. Russels Reserve, Knob Creek 9 year and Woodford Reserve are a few more honorable mentions.

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Howard Co IN
    I'm sure this may have been mentioned in the last 166 posts but i just tried a bottle of irish whiskey "Tullamore Dew" made from 3 different grains, very smooth which kind of threw me for a loop..usually considered a bottom shelf whiskey not sure why, maybe cause it could be sweeter than the "Jameson" irish whiskey..
    I enjoy it on the rocks.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm sure this may have been mentioned in the last 166 posts but i just tried a bottle of irish whiskey "Tullamore Dew" made from 3 different grains, very smooth which kind of threw me for a loop..usually considered a bottom shelf whiskey not sure why, maybe cause it could be sweeter than the "Jameson" irish whiskey..
    I enjoy it on the rocks.
    I also like Tullamore Dew. Another bottom shelf I like is Dewar's, especially the 12 year. It is a scotch though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    OK, I’m here to cry right now. I just bought a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 year old from a silent auction to benefit kids with cancer, paid $150 for it, been looking for it for a few years, also picked up Blackened for $50 and the one for $130. Transfering from my friends truck to mine the bag broke and the Eagle Rare and the $50 bottle fell and broke. $200 in bourbon on the ground. So pizzed at myself that i couldn’t even enjoy the smell.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    OK, I’m here to cry right now. I just bought a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 year old from a silent auction to benefit kids with cancer, paid $150 for it, been looking for it for a few years, also picked up Blackened for $50 and the one for $130. Transfering from my friends truck to mine the bag broke and the Eagle Rare and the $50 bottle fell and broke. $200 in bourbon on the ground. So pizzed at myself that i couldn’t even enjoy the smell.
    Damn Mike, sorry to hear.
    Take a little consolation in ya did a very generous thing for some kids in a bad situation brother.
    I'll toast one to you tonight...............cheers. 20230114_164920.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom