Not open for further replies.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    So I have fallen victim to the Kung-flu. I pretty much work on my own, but around other folks, but never for any length of time. I did end up in a meeting a couple weeks ago for about an hour. Not long after that meeting one of the persons in attendance, who was "fully vaccinated" was out sick. This persons daughter was sick and "fully vaccinated" about a week or so before. I am about day 4 or 5 and not doing too bad. The fatigue is a bummer and it seems my wife is not doing well and is higher risk than I. We will play it by ear, but what little faith I had in the vaccine, and it was a little, is gone. At least now I will have natural immunity. Is that still a thing anymore?
    To update, I recovered shortly after this post. It was not the worse thing, but the length of the symptoms was pretty tiring. My wife did not fare as well as she was in the hospital for almost a week on steroids and IV potassium, along with some other medications like blood thinners and anti-inflammatories, as well as supplemental oxygen. She is home and improving but will be on oxygen for a while. My kids are home-schooled, so between work, teaching, and making sure she is doing okay, just not much time to update here.

My cousin, who was vaxxed with the booster or the third shot, was ill about the same time as I. His funeral was this past Monday, but I could not attend as my wife was still in the hospital. He was maybe a little overweight, but nothing serious at all. Really no other issues, so it was a confusing situation. I have another relative that is also not doing well, he is also a bit overweight, and the hospital system that he is in sounds a bit overwhelmed or maybe just not well equipped or a combination of both.

I would think since we are on month 18 of 14 days to flatten the curve, we would have some more statistical data regarding obesity, smokers, and other lifestyle information. There are a few studies, but no hard data over the months of deaths of obese, diabetics, etc. It just affirms my belief that we are still truly "practicing" medicine with this virus when we could be seeing what factors contribute to the morbidity and hospitalizations. With crap like this: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/health/teen-death-coronavirus-wellness-partner/index.html we are likely not addressing a key factor.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    To update, I recovered shortly after this post. It was not the worse thing, but the length of the symptoms was pretty tiring. My wife did not fare as well as she was in the hospital for almost a week on steroids and IV potassium, along with some other medications like blood thinners and anti-inflammatories, as well as supplemental oxygen. She is home and improving but will be on oxygen for a while. My kids are home-schooled, so between work, teaching, and making sure she is doing okay, just not much time to update here.

My cousin, who was vaxxed with the booster or the third shot, was ill about the same time as I. His funeral was this past Monday, but I could not attend as my wife was still in the hospital. He was maybe a little overweight, but nothing serious at all. Really no other issues, so it was a confusing situation. I have another relative that is also not doing well, he is also a bit overweight, and the hospital system that he is in sounds a bit overwhelmed or maybe just not well equipped or a combination of both.

I would think since we are on month 18 of 14 days to flatten the curve, we would have some more statistical data regarding obesity, smokers, and other lifestyle information. There are a few studies, but no hard data over the months of deaths of obese, diabetics, etc. It just affirms my belief that we are still truly "practicing" medicine with this virus when we could be seeing what factors contribute to the morbidity and hospitalizations. With crap like this: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/19/health/teen-death-coronavirus-wellness-partner/index.html we are likely not addressing a key factor.
    I'm sorry to hear this has hit you and your family so hard, particularly the loss of your cousin. You and yours will be in my prayers.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey, if anyone is playing the home game, an update:

My buddy who had numerous strokes due to the Pfizer vaccine was in the hospital ICU for just over a week, and had been moved to a rehab facility (you know, the kind where the coof runs rampant) and is scheduled to be there for about two weeks. He still has slight drooping on his face, 20% movement on his left leg, and ZERO % movement with his left arm.

On the other hand, I just flipped the tire 50 times, did 100 burpees (burpee, burpee, flip) and ran two miles. (I call it “Barack” - because it’s long, arduous and painful, but it can be completed with patience and determination.)

Natural immunity FTW
    Is there any compensation? Or too early for that? Normally people would sue the **** out of companies whose products did that to them. But this isn't normal.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I am very sorry to hear the chinese virus has hit your family that hard and I hope you and your wife continue to improve.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    People need to realize that even though the virus may be enhanced, the effects are just basic evolution.

A portion of the populace are suceptible to the virus and die. Welcome to a real time demonstration of Darwin's theory of evolution...

If you're resistant to the Chicomm flu you survive and get to pass on your genes. If not, you get removed from the game pool.

I don't believe with humanity's current good we have the ability to "eradicate" the Chicomm flu.

There will just be survivors. I'm not really motivated to keep up the charade that masks or the various "vaccines", are going to save us. What we need is effective treatment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom