• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Our 10th wedding anniversary was last week.

That anniversary happens to be the "aluminum" anniversary.

I got her a non-stick TFAL brand aluminum skillet and then a nice brushed aluminum pump-style hand soap dispenser.

I am definitely still alive.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I got her a non-stick TFAL brand aluminum skillet and then a nice brushed aluminum pump-style hand soap dispenser.

Or shes posting from your account to make it appear you’re still alive.

I gotta stop watching forensic files.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

9 pages into this thread, and he still hasn't learned!...aluminum is silver, you know what else is silver?...SILVER!...in case you forgot, 1st wedding anniversary is paper...and she might give you something from that one...DIVORCE PAPERS!

View attachment 68740

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    9 pages into this thread, and he still hasn't learned!...aluminum is silver, you know what else is silver?...SILVER!...in case you forgot, 1st wedding anniversary is paper...and she might give you something from that one...DIVORCE PAPERS!

I got her post-it notes for #1. She got me paper plates! Blessed blessed paper plates. Once that 500 pack ran out - there haven't been any more in the house. :(

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I got her post-it notes for #1. She got me paper plates! Blessed blessed paper plates. Once that 500 pack ran out - there haven't been any more in the house. :(

I worked with a guy and on his first anniversary he got her a billboard that had their wedding picture on it (back then they were paper) and they were looking at it she handed him an envelope with 2 tickets for a cruise to the Bahamas (back when they were still paper)

I don't know what they did for year two, he got fired

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Update: After seeing some clearance prices on some other "real" diamond jewelry the other day - my wife said "I hate to know how much you've spent on my stuff."

"What - your big square stoned earrings?"

- Yes -

$5-6 thousand.

One day I may break the news to her.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I can see it now; your own personal Hollywood ending. You've been taken hostage by the cartel. They want $5k to set you free. Your wife thinks for a minute and decides to pawn those super expensive diamond earrings you gave her. She loves them, but she loves you more. The clerk at the pawn shop checks them out and breaks the news. They're fake. She's confused. Distraught. Devastated. She thinks for a minute, then decides to accept his offer of $40. She goes to a nice dinner alone and stops answering the calls from the cartel boss. Fin.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Tangential-

If you ever wonder how long a wedding and engagement ring will last if it is worn all-day every day during all kinds of work, it about 30 years. My wife and I spent our 30th anniversary picking out new rings for her (my idea)....and I was along, not for my opinion (understandably), but for my wallet.

My basically plain gold band? Going strong.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Not sure how much longer I have left.

My wife is somehow under the impression (ahem) that the earrings I got her for her birthday are diamonds.

But they're not.

When I gave them to her, I simply said "In the past I know you've mentioned that you'd like some larger diamond stud earrings, so I got you these."

A few days later she said to me "I hope you didn't spend a lot on those earrings". So I texted her a link to a pair of 2ct total weight square cut diamond solitaire earrings from Zales' website. Like $3500 for that particular pair I linked her to.

So when she finds out that her 2 ct total-weight earrings aren't diamonds... Well, like I said, it's been nice knowing y'all.

In my defense: I never told her they WERE diamonds. But I also didn't tell her they weren't.
    Sounds like an 80s sitcom.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tangential-

If you ever wonder how long a wedding and engagement ring will last if it is worn all-day every day during all kinds of work, it about 30 years. My wife and I spent our 30th anniversary picking out new rings for her (my idea)....and I was along, not for my opinion (understandably), but for my wallet.

My basically plain gold band? Going strong.
    My gold band is likely still going strong somewhere under one of the concrete patios we added at our previous house. Think that was 2006/2007'ish. Ring slipped off somewhere in the mud either when seeding the yard or during that patio work.

Marriage is still going, just never replaced the ring.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    My gold band is likely still going strong somewhere under one of the concrete patios we added at our previous house. Think that was 2006/2007'ish. Ring slipped off somewhere in the mud either when seeding the yard or during that patio work.

I went titanium for my wedding band. If it doesn’t outlast me, I’ll be pissed lol.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I was working as a forklift mechanic when we got married. Our rings are cobalt. No wear, no bending and a small diamond in each for the wife.

Will be in about the same shape 100,000 years after I am gone.

Don

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood

Same. Threw a bunch of junk in a 30 yard dumpster right after marriage. Tore that thing apart, but never found it. It was cut gold.

Have a $20 ring when I wear one, but our initials tattooed on my ring finger

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Same. Threw a bunch of junk in a 30 yard dumpster right after marriage. Tore that thing apart, but never found it. It was cut gold.

Have a $20 ring when I wear one, but our initials tattooed on my ring finger
    I had my first wedding ring all of about a day and a half. I lost it throwing a cast net in the Gulf of Mexico on our honeymoon. I bought a replacement and don't wear it when I'm doing anything where I might possibly lose it again.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I went titanium for my wedding band. If it doesn’t outlast me, I’ll be pissed lol.
    I have a silicone ring. After a couple near attempts at de-gloving my finger while wearing the gold band and having it bug me doing pull-ups and other work, I put the gold one in my safe.

I'll replace the silicone ring when it starts to tear, usually every 2 years or so.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    You know, "glass" diamond earrings, and an aluminum frying pan...

I have a shovel you can have. Better to dig your own hole so that your carcass won't be dug up by the coyotes.

Talk about death wish! I thought getting "to small" of a ring was going to be my demise.

Top Bottom