• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hill wasn't replaced. He withdrew. Then, someone needed to replace him. Of course, Bayh was willing to step up.

Can't believe you guys are so cynical as to think this was choreographed or anything.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The people and their will is easily dismissed.

But what's the point of having primaries if they results will be ignored by the party?

They have rules about switching drivers in motorsports in the middle of a race, don't they? Seems like who is going to be running for Senate is a little more important.

Ah, why I am I even bothering to think about this at all? Even if there are explicit rules for the Democrat party that disallows this move, they're still going to do it. Rules only apply to the other side.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    But what's the point of having primaries if they results will be ignored by the party?

They have rules about switching drivers in motorsports in the middle of a race, don't they? Seems like who is going to be running for Senate is a little more important.

Ah, why I am I even bothering to think about this at all? Even if there are explicit rules for the Democrat party that disallows this move, they're still going to do it. Rules only apply to the other side.

Look at the delegates that Trump won that want to jump ship and not vote for him to see this going on on the other side of the aisle as well.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There are rules that cover this, and they are basically following them.

Heck, the rules are too easy to follow to NOT follow them. Hill is either sick or has been promised something in return for taking this one for the team. Either way, he's voluntarily withdrawn from the race.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have any idea . . . why doesn't Bayh run for both governor and senate? Then he can be govsenator or senovernor for Indiana.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Proof again that the will of the party will crush the will of the people. Unless we get off our butts and vote for Young. Call your friends, family and neighbors and get them to understand that we need Young in the Senate and NOT another Clintonbot, we already have one liberal ass kisser in there now with Donnelly.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Baron Hill was unopposed in the Democratic primary. The will of the people has nothing to do with it. Plus, as T.Lex said, he is stepping down "voluntarily."

I am sure the DNCC made him an offer he couldn't refuse. :spend:

I have any idea . . . why doesn't Bayh run for both governor and senate? Then he can be govsenator or senovernor for Indiana.

I know you suggested this jokingly, but that's prohibited by the state constitution. A governor can remain in office while campaining for a national office, but cannot run for reelection while simultaneously campaigning for federal office.

That's why Pence would have to end his reelection bid if he joins the Trump ticket.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Hill wasn't replaced. He withdrew. Then, someone needed to replace him. Of course, Bayh was willing to step up.

Can't believe you guys are so cynical as to think this was choreographed or anything.

They also haven't been paying attention about how Pence will be replaced by the Repubs if he steps aside to run with Trump.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The new clinton administration is going to make a fortune on trade deals and any supporters will be first in line for the goodies. Business in this country will be paying for protection and market access, foreigners will be paying for the manufacturing and property rights. I figure in 4 years everything manufactured that involves sugar will be dealt over to cuba, china and india will continue their inroads. Big companies will pay to have their products protected through language negotiated in the agreements. You'll be out of luck manufacturing in this country unless you can pony up the cash to hire a $1K per hour dc law firm, like the one evan's wife works for. The new state of dc will be the richest per capita in the entire country. Middle America will make do with a lower standard of living as the giant sucking sound version 2 puts more in the unemployment line. Connected "training firms" will make lots of government money showing ex factory workers the value of new careers in fast food. Wall street will do better than ever.

Evan knows this and will be more useful in the senate than Hill.

Always follow the money

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ask a democrat if they're upset by this. You'll likely get a resounding "NO".

Yes, it's a maneuver. And yes, it's a good one.

Can't wait to see what you guys have to say about your convention. LOL

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hill wasn't replaced. He "withdrew". Then, someone needed to replace him. Of course, Bayh was willing to step up.

FIFY.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ask a democrat if they're upset by this. You'll likely get a resounding "NO".

Yes, it's a maneuver. And yes, it's a good one.

Can't wait to see what you guys have to say about your convention. LOL

Can't wait to see what you have to say when SCOTUS rules on 2A issues for the next 20 years.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You think Bayh has anything to do with SCOTUS?

Don't lay your inability to bring forth a viable nominee for president on me, bubba. That be your doin'.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You think Bayh has anything to do with SCOTUS?

Don't lay your inability to bring forth a viable nominee for president on me, bubba. That be your doin'.

To be fair to Jamil, he is seemingly as disappointed in the republicans poor decision as others are. Unfortunately, it looks like he'll still vote for their turd of a candidate, regardless of his qualms. I am reminded of when the LP ran Barr. I, along with many others refused to cast a vote in that election for POTUS. No-one was acceptable.

[video=youtube_share;6DGNZnfKYnU]http://youtu.be/6DGNZnfKYnU[/video]

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Time to dust off the stories from the 90's on Evan Bi. Susie and Joe plus a body guard daddy of the boys are some good ones. Should we talk the condo and what all went on in it downtown. As baseball goes he is both a pitcher and a catcher if I remember .

Top Bottom