• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are rules that cover this, and they are basically following them.

Heck, the rules are too easy to follow to NOT follow them. Hill is either sick or has been promised something in return for taking this one for the team. Either way, he's voluntarily withdrawn from the race.

I suspect that was the carrot, and I have no doubt there was also a stick

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have any idea . . . why doesn't Bayh run for both governor and senate? Then he can be govsenator or senovernor for Indiana.

Because governors actually have to govern, and stuff. You know - budgets and revenue sources and balancing the two. Governors own all the problems that occur on their watch

And you can't really sell your vote to the highest bidder as a governor

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trumpers be like, what will INGO do when he wins. Other face of the same coin T. Lex

If Trump wins, I'll thank God HRC lost. :) The converse is not really true, though.

And if Bayh wins and HRC wins, that'll amplify the suckage.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You think Bayh has anything to do with SCOTUS?

Don't lay your inability to bring forth a viable nominee for president on me, bubba. That be your doin'.

Should we then infer, from this quote, that you believe Hilary Clinton is a viable candidate for POTUS? The sum total of your definition of viable would seem to be 'could win'.

By that definition Trump is just as viable

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Come on Bug! I know that isn't the first post of mine you've read. If you're going to poke at me, it will have to be a lot harder to get through the scar tissue.

It remains to be seen whether Trump will get the nomination. However, no matter what happens from this point, the Republican Party is on its last legs. You guys are rapidly slipping over the event horizon.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ... Indeed. I'm still not sure why Bayh would even do this (other than tag teaming with Coats has become a habit). But, I think it nets out better for Dems if he's in a race.

I think Historian really nails it in #15 and also Deadeye in #34

Even if Bi loses, by taking this one for the 'team' if Hitlery wins the general his future lobbying success is assured. Win win

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, trying to drain the RNSCC is about all I can figure. Plus, old habits die hard.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Come on Bug! I know that isn't the first post of mine you've read. If you're going to poke at me, it will have to be a lot harder to get through the scar tissue.

It remains to be seen whether Trump will get the nomination. However, no matter what happens from this point, the Republican Party is on its last legs. You guys are rapidly slipping over the event horizon.

My heartfelt goal is to never poke at someone with intent to wound. Its more like 'hey, wake up, you're missing the movie'

And as far as Republicanism, I think reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated :)

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    We're going to lose this state if WE don't get off our asses and vote.
    Look ahead to which candidates are the strongest.
    Wake the hell up and stand up for our rights and way of life.
    Bayh. is another Obama minion

Hillary will have the numbers to regulate our heritage to obscurity and freedom will be a memory

PAY ATTENTION, to the MARINE, in the corner, HE KNOWS, what he is talking about !!!!!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Hillary will have the numbers to regulate our heritage to obscurity and freedom will be a memory

Who is it that you believe owns this state? The several states and their inhabitants belong to the federal government.

What is it that we still stand to lose? Sovereignty? Long gone, my friend. That would need reclaimed before it could be defended.

Numbers don't scare me.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
    It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
    -Ronald Reagan

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
    It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”
    -Ronald Reagan

Sadly, our children are the ones clamoring to give up the freedoms that are most under attack.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Evan Bayh's private sector work raises questions

I have to credit where credit is due. This is some good reporting in the Indy Star about Evan Bayh and just how much he's cashed in since leaving the Senate.

This report comes the same day that Bayh gets an "extension" on the deadline to disclose his financials, something required of Senate candidates.

He claims the extra time will allow for more accuracy, but I think we all know what that means. :bs:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would like to know how it is that so many have forgotten that the reason Bayh abandoned the Senate prior to the re-entry of Coats is that he knew he couldn't win after essentially telling the majority of Indiana voters to f**k off, and then stopped doing so much as answering phones and letters.

As far as I am concerned, the name says it all: Bayh (and good riddance)

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Good thing we taxpayers ponied up for the primaries so we could participate in the choices running for governor and senate huh? Others have to go through a big process to get ballot access and the major parties can just switch candidates as they please.

Top Bottom