• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Shouldn't take much more than a cardboard box to beat him.

Not sure I agree with that. Republicans did well in the by-elections precisely because Obama was such a lousy President and his policies hurt us so badly. Donnelly got in on Obama's coattails, but he can point to his support for vets and his attempts to persuade Carrier not to leave Indiana. If Trump doesn't manage to maintain his current popularity; if he gets behind the propaganda power-curve, it might take a really strong candidate to defeat him in '18.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    We'll see. I know the party cares about optics, so a woman against Joe would sell better. Maybe Brooks? I don't think pulling someone from a more local era will work.

Bumping this to stay on focus before we start to get tired of winning.

Who are we running to replace Donnelly?

I actually do remember now that Brooks was mentioned as going after Donnelly next, until the crazy governor thing happened. That whole exercise may have helped her create a statewide network.

She'd be a good choice. Then Delph could run for her congressional seat.

Shouldn't take much more than a cardboard box to beat him.

Mid-terms, though. That's not usually what happens.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I doubt he would accept, but what about tapping Jim Lucas to run against Donnelly in 2018?
    Not sure which you're responding to. :)

Do you think Delph would decline to run for Congress? My understanding is that it has been part of his long-term goal.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not sure which you're responding to. :)

Do you think Delph would decline to run for Congress? My understanding is that it has been part of his long-term goal.

The comma was intentional; if it had been a semicolon, one might assume that "he" was a modifier for someone other than "Lucas". But to be clear: I was referring to the idea of tapping Jim Lucas, despite the fact that he, Jim Lucas, would probably not accept.

I don't have an opinion on Delph; rather, I just think that Lucas would be a good choice.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, the subject pronoun "he" was ambiguous, but that's neither here nor there. :) I'm just glad we're on the same page.

Lucas would be a great choice IMHO for federal legislator. I think he'd have a hard time getting senator as his first statewide race; I think Brooks would be a better choice against Donnelly. But, I'd prefer Lucas for representative over Delph.

Top Bottom