• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    They physically cant do what a man can do. thats it. they cannot drag another wounded soldier in full gear out of the crap like a man can. i would not want my life dependent on political correctness, this type of crap is plain stupid. but this is how they get into the military and get more liberal idiot voters.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Israelis have had women in combat position for years now... They seem to be doing fine.

Don't see why it couldn't work here.....and I stress... as long as they are held to the same standards as the men.

Last edited:

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    DUMB IDEA AGAIN ..... a females role in the world is just as important as a mans if not more so. But by design we do different things. starting with GROG. Grog went out and killed the beasts then drug them back to the cave if they didn't kill him. Mrs. Grog would stay by the cave pick berries and keep the fire going and take care of the little Grogs. Because she gave birth to them and Mr. Grog couldn't. If Grog didn't die while slaying the beasts and got it back to the cave all was happy happy happy. Grog took a nap, Mrs. Grog patched him up for the next round of beast slaying. Grog ate a beast steak had berries for desert patted the little Grogs got his spear and rock and went off to kill food or be killed by food. Not my rules it's just how things should be. BY DESIGN

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the Israelis have had women in combat position for years now... They seem to be doing fine.

Don't see why it couldn't work here.....and I stress... as long as they are held to the same standards as the men.

Non infantry positions. The Russians used women as snipers during WW2. But for the hard combat, even most men are not up to it. For example most gun owners in America could not deal with a long war (five to ten years). To be a warrior requries levels of self discipline that most do not have.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Looks like Panetta is going to make it official and lift the ban on women in combat positions. Might as well, they've already been there, anyway. Make it so they get the same benefits as the guys when they're in the hot seat. If they can do the job and want to, let them.

Women In Combat: Leon Panetta Removes Military Ban, Opening Front-Line Positions

I don't think it's a good idea. 1. Women aren't held to the same standard. 2. Most women aren't as physically strong as males. 3. Most women don't handle the stress well. 4. Sex

I agree with both statements.

Great idea, for those very few women who can pull their own weight.

Even better when the government is going to have to explain the increase in female deaths, pregnancies, and the liability posed during missions where sustained loads and standards that their male counterparts are demanding in stressfull situations are required.

segregation is going to be as strong at that point as equal rights are now

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Just because the Israelis dont respect and protect their women doesnt mean we shouldnt respect and protect ours.

Using the Israelis or the Russians as examples of women in combat aren't comparable to our situation: Both nations were fighting for their very lives against formidable enemies with tactical advantages (in the Israelis' case, the Arabs around them far outnumbered them in size; in the case of the Russians, the Nazis' forces were far more experienced and the Soviets were still trying to bring their manufacturing up to speed).

I'm one of the old-fashioned ones who doesn't believe we should be putting our women in harm's way, but that's not to say that women can't fill SOME combat positions. It took a dozen or so years, but we've finally managed to get female helicopter pilots who meet the standards - and there are rather stringent standards in place - to be successful in combat; likewise, females in the military police have shown themselves capable of performing their jobs.

However, neither of these positions require the sheer stamina and physical capabilities commensurate with being an infantryman, or an artilleryman, or a truck maintainer, or a tank crewman. I'll grant the argument that there may exist the odd female or two who can meet the physical and mental challenges of such positions, but they are few, far between, and certainly not numerous enough to satisfy the silly fools who are calling for "gender equality" in all positions. This whole issue is about promotions - not equality for women. Some women feel that they have less chance for promotion if they aren't serving in a combat arm, and, as usual when it's not about principal but ambition, don't care what practical obstacles they have to overcome to get their way.

And I will admit: it STILL galls me that when I took my last APFT in 2009, my 55+ yo 2 mile run time (for 70 points) was faster than the 19 yo women's 100 point time.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm ashamed to be part of a nation that would send a 19 year old girl into combat.

I am ashamed that we currently have a commander in chief that seems, emotionally at least, to be for all intents a 19 year old girl....:):

With apologies to all of the 19 year old girls who don't throw tantrums when things don't go their way and play the "It's because I am a girl card" the minute someone disagrees with them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    An excellent opportunity for affirmative action in the ranks! Maybe reinstate the Draft!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's good read. She really explains it well. Women should be able to serve in combat roles, but standards shouldn't be lowered to accommodate them. If they want to be a SEAL/Ranger/Green Beret, go for it, but you better be able to keep up.
    Standards already have been lowered just to push them through the schools. Just earning a Ranger Tab does not make you a Ranger and you are NOT part of special operations unless you have a Ranger Scroll. Ranger Battalions have women in roles and trust me they earned them.

Ranger School is not ran by the Ranger Battalions. Its ran by the army. They lowered standards and turned it into a political ****show.
    Its a slap in the face.
    The military has always been the red headed step child for politicians.

Women cannot do the same job as men. Period. End of story.
    I dont care how many one off hewomen they wanna send in and make examples of, the vast majoruty of women cannot serve in the roles of special operations.
    And lowering standards in top leadership schools only weakens our forces and not strengthens them.
    A couple of these women I dont even see how their MOS met the standard to be qualified to attempt Ranger School

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's good read. She really explains it well. Women should be able to serve in combat roles, but standards shouldn't be lowered to accommodate them. If they want to be a SEAL/Ranger/Green Beret, go for it, but you better be able to keep up.

I agree. I think we should be past the "icky female" stage.

I am really, really traditional in my thoughts and attitudes. I would have no problem with my daughters serving, but I would not want them in direct combat roles. That being said, I am not looking to impose my opinions on others. I will always have the attitude that men should protect and women should serve in other roles, but I will not force that on the populace at large.

If they can do the job and want to- do the job.

bkflyer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    I think that's a cute read. Are there women out there that can kick my butt? Of course. Just because 2-4% are of this rough and tumble we should force women in all combat roles? H*** NO!!!!! If you really think the military will not lower the standards you are in a dream world. We saw this in the 90's when they put women in aviation. standards? We don't need no stinking standards. I'm sorry, been there done that, it didn't work and now we're stuck with it.

Top Bottom