• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Female soldiers do not belong in combat units. It adds a whole new thick layer of BS for a commander to worry about rather than accomplishing his mission.

I was once in a Army Combat Engineer platoon that included a couple females. They were a major PIA and we just had to put up with it. They can slow an entire unit down.

There are plenty of places in the military where females can serve. They do not need to prove they are men.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Women are already being attached to these type units and serving successfully. Assigning them is just recognizing that enough women are capable of meeting the standards set for those units. As far as getting pregnant, well gentlemen, that requires your involvement, be responsible.

Really? where are the examples of women being successfully attached as a rifleman, SAW gunner, etc, and successfully integrated into Marine infantry units?

There are currently women who fly combat missions in Apaches and other craft. Women command MP units in combat.

If women can do the same job equally as well as men in a combat unit than I'm all for it. 'If' being the operative term.

Big difference between operating and aircraft and participating in a dismounted combat patrol. Very few women can do this, and that is the major issue here.

It's not like soldiers on leave have sex with other people or anything. It's not like women can choose to have sex just like male soldiers have since soldiering became a profession.

If the women can meet every single standard every man is required too, then while I disagree I have no grounds for their not participating.

I still see pregnancies and the issue of potential rapes being an issue. Seeing a dead man's corpse paraded with obvious tool-inflicted wounds is one thing, seeing a woman being openly raped on camera is another. And there is nothing, no training, no surgery, no nothing that can prevent that from happening.

The issue is not having sex on leave. Its having sex with your NCOIC, squad leader, OIC, etc., and drama of favoritism, blackmail, he-said-she-said drama that comes along with it. Then you combine that with the stress of being deployed to a combat zone, and being outside of the wire often.

My point is that a female that max's the female test or comes close will exceed the male test standard.

As for the strength component, most of the men I know could not accomplish the strength feats you suggest here.

Not true at all. In the Marine Corps, females do a timed flexed arm hang instead of pullups. I've met female Marines who could max the flexed arm hang, however they could not get the required 3 pullups to pass the men's test. This is what people are talking about with different testing standards. And as far as the men you know, they probably exercise much do they? Can women get physically stronger than men? Absolutely, but if everything is equal as far as diet, level of exercise, etc, then the answer is most definitely no. Females typically lack the testosterone to get big and strong, especially in the upper body. Females do just fine in many roles in the Armed Forces, I worked for a great female Marine Staff Sergeant, but I have serious doubts regarding whether they can collectively serve in the infantry successfully.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Them's fightin' words to a liberal...

It appears, dating from the beginning of leftism to the French Revolution, that equality is far more important than freedom. One can not be equal and free at the same time.

I guess if the left got its way, we would all be wearing Mao suits and living in concrete apartment complexes so that no one would have anything more than anyone else.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    These are the 2013 APFT standards for the 17-21 age groups.

Male:
    42 pushups in 2min.
    53 situps in 2min.
    2 mile run in 15:54.

Female
    19 pushups in 2min.
    53 situps in 2min.
    2 mile run in 18:54.

A female would have to max out on pushups and the two mile run to meet the minimum male standard. In addition to the standard 3 event APFT, many infantry units, including my old unit, 1st BDE 101st Abn Div, required a pullup event. 10 pullups was minimum. A bare minimum APFT score would get you remedial PT, and treated like a ****bag by the rest of your platoon.

So to say that females are meeting the same standards is false. If females want a set of crossed rifles lets start with 42,53 and 15:54 standards for everyone and go from there.

What would you expect from Army requirements?

Those are "minimum" standards. Believe me, there are women that can beat some of the men.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It appears, dating from the beginning of leftism to the French Revolution, that equality is far more important than freedom. One can not be equal and free at the same time.

I guess if the left got its way, we would all be wearing Mao suits and living in concrete apartment complexes so that no one would have anything more than anyone else.

In the case of allowing women in combat troops, this would be equal opportunity instead of equal outcome, the very tenet of conservative ideology.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sounds like a good idea. What could possibly go wrong? :dunno:

Kara Hultgreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think that's a fair comparison.
    Hundreds of men have died landing and taking off from carriers. Many of them have been from pilot error. Or mechanical, compounded by pilot error.
    Landing and taking off from a carrier is an unnatural act. Its rough on the gear, and the pilot.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had the unfortunate pleasure of training females in Army NCO Schools. My observations based upon over 20-years Infantry experience:

Females can't hump. If they had a child, they'll use the excuse that their pelvic bone/region hurts.

Females can't hump rucksacks that weigh the same as what the males are humping. Many, many times during 5 or 6 mile roadmarches, females would lag behind because they couldn't hump. I would then order a male to carry her rucksack as well as his in the hopes of shaming them into getting their ruck back. Not one of them ever picked their rucksack up once they took it off.

Forget about them carrying crew-served weapons like a M-60 machine gun or a baseplate for a 81mm mortar, extra ammo, claymore mine, radio.......it ain't gonna happen. If they carried a 9 1/2 lbs TA-312, field telephone, most complained and I had a male hump it.

In order for the females to pass the course, I had to select terrain that was easy for them to navigate when we introduced them to patrolling. I had to give them easy patrol missions that a retard could accomplish.

When I did bed checks in the female barracks, I'd have a female go through first to make sure they were all covered in their bed, but always when walking through, there would be someone with their breasts and/or birth canal of full display. It was always games.

I spent much time trying to prevent boys and girls from fornicating during duty hours in these schools.

It has been my experience that distractions can cost lives, to save lives (especially mine) you remove the distraction by any means necessary.

Now think about what I have described when the infantry unit is humping at 5,000 to 8,000 feet in the mountains of Afghanistan.

When the girlies in the infantry don't want to do it anymore, all they'll do is spread their legs and get pregnant, just like they did in the 1st Persian Gulf War. There was a rash of pregnancies in the first 60-days.

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Oooh. Nice pep talk. Looks like even some Marines aren't immune from being used to advance the marxist/feminist agenda.

In the case of allowing women in combat troops, this would be equal opportunity instead of equal outcome, the very tenet of conservative ideology.
    Ehh, no. More like a variant of affirmative action/hiring quotas to achieve a type of "feel good" self-esteem/societal result, no matter what tinkering needs to be done to ensure the desired effect.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There is much more to this than most people think. For example, Army regulations state that a shower must be provided for female soldiers at least once in a 24 hr period. Now, as a 1st Sergeant in a light infantry company, how is this going to be accomplished? It doesn't matter if it is a 28 day JRTC rotation or sitting on a mountain in the 'Stan. This is completely different from an MP unit that conducts its operations and returns to a FOB. My last Iraq tour, we had females attached to our company, in the support role, and it is a logistical nightmare, especially planning missions that would be out of the wire days at a time. I have seen women in the Airborne that would have to be helped up and basically carried to the door since their equipment weighed 2x what they did. This move is nothing but pandering to the left and un-informed, especially since women in combat get the same benefits as men without serving in Combat Arms. Heck, they even get awarded Combat Action and Combat Medic badges for performing under fire.

The showering once in 24 hrs is a valid point. During Desert Storm I did not shower for 60-days. I did however occasionally wash my unmentionables in my helmet or a small plastic bowl that we carried. If in my platoon, I'd want those girls showered, otherwise they may give my position away with that fishy smell...

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    The showering once in 24 hrs is a valid point. During Desert Storm I did not shower for 60-days. I did however occasionally wash my unmentionables in my helmet or a small plastic bowl that we carried. If in my platoon, I'd want those girls showered, otherwise they may give my position away with that fishy smell...

The first 90 days of Shield was horrible. We were boots on ground the 8th of August, and water was too important to waste on washing up until the middle of Sept. We lived in holes until more support units were brought in to construct rear areas, and the Armor and Cav units acclimated, trained up, and got their equipment ready to rotate us off the line. I spent 22 years, all Infantry, and it is a grueling lifestyle. Plus, everything that Grunt has said about female Soldiers, I have also seen. I am sure there are female Soldiers out there that can do it, but I honestly can say that I have never seen one.
    I can forsee two actions with allowing females into Combat Arms. The first, female Physical Fitness Standards will have to be raised. This must be through each branch of service, no matter what the Soldier or Marines job description is. Equipment and training will not really change. This will force out females that are in support positions since they will no longer meet the standards. This will hurt the readiness of our forces.
    The second is that the female PT will be slightly raised, and the male standards will be lowered to a comparable if not same level. The equipment will not change but the training will be forced to change since physical fitness required will be decreased. This also hurts the readiness of our forces.
    As I said before, this is nothing but political pandering to the left, that will weaken our standing in the world, and then cause a lot of bodybags to be filled if we get into a real shooting war.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    "Females may be included in the Selective Service and qualify for a potential draft should one be ordered by the president, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said.
    The U.S. military’s civilian leader lamented that he didn’t know who ran the Selective Service, but whoever does will “have to exercise some judgment based on what we just did,” Panetta said at a Pentagon press conference Thursday."

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    What will happen when we enter another traditional war? When we have front lines that must be held and can not be rotated out for months on end? How will women be able to deal with the toxic shock if the can not do their personal hygiene? I just don't get it. Leave well enough alone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What will happen when we enter another traditional war? When we have front lines that must be held and can not be rotated out for months on end? How will women be able to deal with the toxic shock if the can not do their personal hygiene? I just don't get it. Leave well enough alone.

I imagine "traditional war" means a war without drones and advanced weaponry? The phalanx was once traditional warfare. We're probably not bringing that tactic back. That said, call me chivalrous, but I don't think women belong on the battlefield. This is only to placate feminists. Nothing more.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    No one seems to think about the draft issue.
    If they start drafting again, then all our daughters will be getting shipped off as well as our sons.
    Political correctness be damned, The fairer sex should be protected, not sent in harms way!

Top Bottom