• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I don't think it's a good idea. 1. Women aren't held to the same standard. 2. Most women aren't as physically strong as males. 3. Most women don't handle the stress well. 4. Sex

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    fine and dandy

if and big IF they can do same amount of work... same standards. was in the motor pool and this was not the case. just think of all the new barracks/latrines/showers that are going to need built... that'll stimulate the econmy...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Women in combat units isn't as simple as some think. It's not the combat that's the problem, it's the type of unit.

For instance, I've never known a woman who could serve successfully in an infantry unit, particularly a light infantry unit. The physical demands are just too great.

I spent three years in a light infantry unit, and 8 years in Air Defense Artillery. In Air Defense, we had women, because technically they could do the work. But they couldn't. They could do the work of working in the control van, or operating the radars, but that was something a male soldier had to work his way up to. A new male soldier had to first prove himself dragging cables and operating a leveling jack, and other difficult grunt work. Later he would be moved up to the less demanding more mental tasks.

Because we were always being evaluated and the consequences of failure were severe, we simply couldn't afford to have a woman pulling a heavy cable under timed conditions, so a woman got a plum job just by virtue of being a woman. This created resentment, and at certain times, even the battery commander would be pulling a cable, or operating a jack. But a woman soldier couldn't do those things.

I think woman should be able to serve. But I think the physical standards should be the same for the same jobs. They are not. If women had to pass the physical fitness test under the male minimum standard, nearly all the women currently serving would wash out. And most combat arms soldiers are far above the minimum standard.

I know Demi Moore looked in that movie. There may not be a woman alive, however, who could pass SEAL or DELTA selection.

Men and women just ain't the same.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Also, women can get pregnant. This is a significant drain on readiness of support units currently. How would you like half your force off the line because they're knocked up? This is simple political pandering.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Also, women can get pregnant. This is a significant drain on readiness of support units currently. How would you like half your force off the line because they're knocked up? This is simple political pandering.

Another good point. As we built up to Desert Storm there was an epidemic of pregnancies. These left holes in units heading overseas.

Another problem when I was in the Army was that being pregnant couldn't be viewed as a detriment to a woman's career. What happened was that if a woman got pregnant and was holding a leadership position, she couldn't be removed from that position even if she couldn't perform the duties of the position. She continued to hold the position and get rated in the position, even though some guy was actually doing the work.

In Air Defense, once a woman was pregnant she could no longer go to the missile site because of the radars and their emissions. So she would be moved to the orderly room or some other clerical job. I knew of one case where a woman had several children over a period of years, all while technically holding a leadership position, though working in a clerical capacity. The guy actually running her section couldn't get the credit for it, but she benefitted on her evaluations from his good work. Consequently, she made rank down the road and he didn't.

Men and women ain't the same, and the military isn't just a job.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

Not, that they can get pregnant but they can be caught by the enemy and be made pregnant...women would then have to make all kind of decision regarding protecting the life of their child and keeping american secrets...you think beheading was bad being seen on TV...wait until they are cutting babies out of mothers stomachs on TV and killing them.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Women are already being attached to these type units and serving successfully. Assigning them is just recognizing that enough women are capable of meeting the standards set for those units. As far as getting pregnant, well gentlemen, that requires your involvement, be responsible.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Send Rosie O'Donnell overseas. This would scare just about anybody.

HairyRosieODonnell_zpscd53fccc.jpg

HairyRosieODonnell_zpscd53fccc.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    There are currently women who fly combat missions in Apaches and other craft. Women command MP units in combat.

If women can do the same job equally as well as men in a combat unit than I'm all for it. 'If' being the operative term.

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    If women want to earn a set of crossed rifles, then they should have to meet the same PT, height/weight, and uniform standards as the men. Currently they do not. IMO, nothing good will come of women in line infantry units.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i think if they do it right (i.e. make women prove themselves in the same tests the men do) that there will be very few women who actually want to be in combat that actually get sent there.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    soo will women be able to be drafted .........young men can......if they want to do the same job as men combat soldiers ...lets open the door all the way ...i for one do not support woman in infantry units or special ops ......am retired military and have seen a lot of combat .....and have seen some women kick ass in Iraq but thats a small percent that can do it to the total women in the army from my experience .. the facts are women and men have diffent standards in physical training can a 100 lb. woman infantry soldiers drag a 200 lbs. shot man solider to safety... most can not .

Most studies done show male infantry soldiers do stupid actions to help female soilders in trouble its a human instinct of male to protect human females sorry it just the facts ladys............... most women and men are not equal in physical ablity and never will be ..... i think it should be offered to women who want and can do as the same as there male counter parts but if it is forced to all women in a whole with different standards for women it will weaken infantry units as a whole :twocents: :patriot:

Last edited:

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.

That's why they stopped recommending women in the Navy to be nuclear technicians because a lot of them complained that it's too hard of work and decide to get knocked up instead. "Id rather spend 18 years of my life living in total hell than 6" Makes perfect sense.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    It's a mistake. I will not into detail or a back and fourth discussion. I just wanted my opinion on record.

I will say that no matter how bad it gets the powers that be will always make it look OK. Because that is what is wanted.

Top Bottom