• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The "issue" is the small amount of NO2 generated when hydrocarbons combust in atmosphere, where the nitrogen is contributed. You get it really any time you start a fire. There's various studies out that say this can contribute to asthma.

Speaking from an industrial chemical background, it sounds like fear mongering and regulations to generate money for a few at the expense of many. I saw the stoves being referred to as "racist" today, as there are numbers out that say the stoves are more popular with poor minorities.

Racist stoves injuring minority children, sound the big media trumpets.;)
    But coal burning electric generation has no affect on asthma in this nation?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    But coal burning electric generation has no affect on asthma in this nation?

The argument will be circulated by the supporters of this regulation that electrical generating plants using fuel burning for power have equipment to reduce the emission of the various oxides of nitrogen produced. When you burn something in an atmosphere that has a lot of nitrogen in it, like ours, you just get oxides of nitrogen regardless.

The nature of this regulation makes me think somebody has a new expensive gadget to attach to gas appliances and has paid handsomely in dc to force it on to the American public. A similar deal got started in 2006 with catalytic converters for lawn mowers that collapsed in the recession of 08.

The little Trumpka has probably spent a lot of evenings at Black Whiskey and Mortons in dc learning about the benefits of this new gadget over beluga sandwiches washed down with Van Winkles.

Always follow the money.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Didn’t we just recently achieve energy independence because of natural gas?

And where does this electricity come from?

I don’t understand why we can’t agree to build like a 1000 Nuclear power plants.

Have SpaceX agree to shoot the crap into the Sun.

Powers all the Teslas, and everything else.

All waste is handled.

Cheap energy.

Can’t have that…

Nuclear energy (if done without crazy government overreach) is cheap, safe, and reasonable. The leftist authoritarians don't want people to have cheap energy. While the environmentalist elite travel on private planes, the rest of us are supposed to grovel for every kWh and BTU.

And gas stoves provide the best cooktops. So of course the left is banning them, just like they ban everything else useful. We must sacrifice all nice things to their made-up environmental god.

Lpherr

Occupied
    There may, or may not have been, a gas stove and oven, utilized in the preparation of today's breakfast.

I just happened to find a nice gas stove in the lake.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not sure I could ever go back to cooking on an electric stove. I grew up with one and have had gas pretty much since I moved out of my parents' house. Gas is so much easier to control the heat. I should probably utilize the top of the wood stove more than I do.
    Believe it or not  induction has better control than gas, and without all the list heat flowing up the sides of the cooking vessel. You can even but those as a counter top / portable unit.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    BAN ELECTRIC STOVES!

"Households that use electric ranges have a higher risk of cooking fires and associated losses than those using gas ranges. Although 60 percent of households cook with electricity four out of five (80 percent) ranges or cooktops involved in reported cooking fires were powered by electricity. Population-based risks are shown below,

• The rate of reported fires per million households was 2.6 times higher with electric ranges.
    • The civilian fire death rate per million households was 3.4 times higher with electric ranges.
    • The civilian fire injury rate per million households was 4.8 times higher with electric ranges than in households using gas ranges.
    • The average fire dollar loss per household was 3.8 times higher in households with electric ranges."

Top Bottom