• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    No one stood up and stopped them so they have continued on. Also pizzed they took 10w from my 75w can light floods back in the 90’s...
    Modern LED's are far superior. They are far brighter, and use half the energy of an equivalent watt incandescent.
    They don't run hot, most are dimmable, and being brighter, going to a lower wattage bulb, keeps more money in your pocket for the shiny in the classifieds.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Believe it or not  induction has better control than gas, and without all the list heat flowing up the sides of the cooking vessel. You can even but those as a counter top / portable unit.
    Yes they do, but they are fragile. You must be careful, shaking a pan by sliding back & forth and to flip/stir contents will scratch the glass surface and if spillage is left to burn on the hot surface it can "etch" the area permanently.

As someone who loves to do lots of flambe` style dishes I much prefer a gas cooktop.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Modern LED's are far superior. They are far brighter, and use half the energy of an equivalent watt incandescent.
    They don't run hot, most are dimmable, and being brighter, going to a lower wattage bulb, keeps more money in your pocket for the shiny in the classifieds.
    That does not change the fact that government meddling is taking freedom, and those LED’s did not appear for more than 20 years. The folks most hurt by the reulations were those that bought new homes in the 5-10 years before the regulations. Their home was engineered to have proper light based on the number of cans and the 75w bulbs.

New homes after the regulation the engineers just put in 2 more cans to achieve the lumens they needed but that was difficult to retro in many homes due to spacing and wiring issues. Thankfully I found an old guy at a hardware store that knew about a 95w flood in the same physical size that was reduced to 85w so I bought a bunch of those to last until other more palatable options became available. So I increased my wattage. LOL

They should have been told to stand down back then but no one fought it and now we still have the same meddling.

Other stupid issues:

Clothes washer takes near an hour and a half to run a load.
    (Used to be able to run a load, put it in the dryer, run a load of hang dry, and run another load for the dryer while the first load dries, now it it one to one.)

Dishwasher takes near two and a half hours to run a load.
    (Used to be able to do two loads before bed after havingguests for dinner, now cannot even get on done before bedtime.)

Lpherr

Occupied
    That does not change the fact that government meddling is taking freedom, and those LED’s did not appear for more than 20 years. The folks most hurt by the reulations were those that bought new homes in the 5-10 years before the regulations. Their home was engineered to have proper light based on the number of cans and the 75w bulbs.

New homes after the regulation the engineers just put in 2 more cans to achieve the lumens they needed but that was difficult to retro in many homes due to spacing and wiring issues. Thankfully I found an old guy at a hardware store that knew about a 95w flood in the same physical size that was reduced to 85w so I bought a bunch of those to last until other more palatable options became available. So I increased my wattage. LOL

They should have been told to stand down back then but no one fought it and now we still have the same meddling.

Other stupid issues:

Clothes washer takes near an hour and a half to run a load.
    (Used to be able to run a load, put it in the dryer, run a load of hang dry, and run another load for the dryer while the first load dries, now it it one to one.)

Dishwasher takes near two and a half hours to run a load.
    (Used to be able to do two loads before bed after havingguests for dinner, now cannot even get on done before bedtime.)
    There were options when they started the change. Not necessarily good ones, since LED's were just becoming popular and weren't as diverse. The CFL's plain sucked, but those were what my MIL chose when I finished her basement.

Our washing machine (almost 5yrs old) does a load in 22 minutes. Do you have something newer? Going to the river and beating laundry against a rock would take less time than what you have now, and that includes travel.

I agree... the government needs to do what they've been hired to do, instead of dictating our lives.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There were options when they started the change. Not necessarily good ones, since LED's were just becoming popular and weren't as diverse. The CFL's plain sucked, but those were what my MIL chose when I finished her basement.

Our washing machine (almost 5yrs old) does a load in 22 minutes. Do you have something newer? Going to the river and beating laundry against a rock would take less time than what you have now, and that includes travel.

I agree... the government needs to do what they've been hired to do, instead of dictating our lives.
    It is a one year old Maytag. The regulations are not allowing the appliance to use the water needed so it keeps running and running to get things clean, and they just keep tweaking them. Maybe California needs these appliances but in Indiana we don’t, heck, we have water flowing out of the ground, hence part of why we must have sealed basements and sump pumps. A federal one size fits all is not right.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...I'm still p*ssed about government dictating the capacity of a toilet tank, now this.
    When my dad was still working as a truck driver, he made a lot of deliveries to Detroit. Kanardia doesn't have our insane toilet rules, so he'd hop across the border to Windsor, to a Home Depot just across the bridge, And bring back a new John for anyone who needed one. The guy he always talked to there in the plumbing department said they sold more toilets at that store than any other Home Depot.

Lpherr

Occupied
    When my dad was still working as a truck driver, he made a lot of deliveries to Detroit. Kanardia doesn't have our insane toilet rules, so he'd hop across the border to Windsor, to a Home Depot just across the bridge, And bring back a new John for anyone who needed one. The guy he always talked to there in the plumbing department said they sold more toilets at that store than any other Home Depot.
    So, your dad smuggled high capacity turd chucker's?;)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Believe it or not  induction has better control than gas, and without all the list heat flowing up the sides of the cooking vessel. You can even but those as a counter top / portable unit.

How do you char a pepper?

I'm honestly not looking for efficiency when I cook. Grilling is incredibly inefficient from a cost and energy stand point, given I'm burning chunks of charcoal that are trucked in from Missouri and paying some 50 cents a pound for the honor. I'm looking for results.

When we redid our kitchen the only thing I really cared about was discarding the electric stove and installing a gas one. And I did. And it's more awesomer.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    TSP can improve your washer's cleaning ability, about a half teaspoon for the dishwasher and about an ounce for the clothes washer.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I have a natural gas electric generator to provide electricity during government brown outs, I figure that is the next ban on the agenda, that gives them total control of our personal comforts.

I'm still p*ssed about government dictating the capacity of a toilet tank, now this.
    I bought one of those too.

Too many homes with gas appliances. I really doubt they get rid of the gas lines.

Even if Cali stops all new ones by 2030, there’s still plenty out there.

Just another money and control grab.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    “We are not looking to go into anyone’s homes and take away items that are already there. We don’t do that,” Trumka told CNN. “If and when we get to regulation on the topic, it’s always forward looking. You know, it applies to new products. Consumers always have the choice of what to keep in their homes and we want to make sure they do that with full information.”

The CSPC commissioner also pointed out that consumers who wish to switch from a gas stove to an electric one are eligible to a rebate of up to $840 through the Inflation Reduction Act — and up to $500 to help cover the costs of converting to electric from gas.

So...free electric stove courtesy of Uncle Sugar? Hell, may be worth it to buy one and immediately put it on Craigslist. :D

Top Bottom