• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nothing new, where I live; San Luis Obispo County, California.

But the county's spin was 'reducing green house emissions'. This driven by the mayor Heidi Harmon (essentially elected by the college student population of San Luis Obispo); she also drove home the ban on those flimsy shopping bags (first in the nation). This is the woman who touted electric vehicles and on her first long trip whined because she didn't 'know' that it would take two hours to charge her little Tesla (and it was 11:30 p.m. when she completely discharged her battery in the middle of bumfkCalifornia).

I guess San Luis Obispo has never had to suffer through rolling black outs like the rest of CA has for years. These people are insane.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Those of us that are old enough will remember this is how the evolution that has led us to the (coming soon) requirement that you can only buy electric vehicles began. This is how we wound up having to buy stupid compact fluorescent bulbs that only lasted a fraction of the time promised and LED bulbs that cost multiple times what incandescent bulbs did.

They always start out with trial balloons and attack something they think will be innocuous, that you won’t resist too much about. There will always be those among us that will tut-tut and say folks that are pointing things like this out are overreacting…No one is coming for your guns…until they do.

And the sheeple never can seem to see the repeated pattern. Most of us can script where this goes, we have seen it so many times…

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Those of us that are old enough will remember this is how the evolution that has led us to the (coming soon) requirement that you can only buy electric vehicles began. This is how we wound up having to buy stupid compact fluorescent bulbs that only lasted a fraction of the time promised and LED bulbs that cost multiple times what incandescent bulbs did.
    And some of us are old enough to remember when they told us we couldn't run copper tubes to pipe that gas to our lamps in rooms throughout the house. I didn't have to buy any electric bulbs then!

They also told me I had to connect my 6 gallon toilet into their sewer system. That's how they control you - by forcing you to use the state to remove your poop!

Damn statist. Turning us all into sheeple.

(apply purple as desired)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And some of us are old enough to remember when they told us we couldn't run copper tubes to pipe that gas to our lamps in rooms throughout the house. I didn't have to buy any electric bulbs then!

They also told me I had to connect my 6 gallon toilet into their sewer system. That's how they control you - by forcing you to use the state to remove your poop!

Duly noted.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I do not remember that. If installed to code gas lights can still be put in today as I see it. (Code requires new installs have fixtures with an ignition system, cannot be a continuously burning pilot light.)

Can you please post the federal requirement to connect to a sewer system?

The topic is federal overreach…

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Even if there is an issue, it would seem to be with inadequate ventilation in "tight" houses....which can be addressed easily in ways other than banning gas stoves.

Otherwise, why would asthma rates be rising now when gas stoves have been around for over 150 years...and most people cooked with fire...more of everything...before and even after they came on the scene.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Even if there is an issue, it would seem to be with inadequate ventilation in "tight" houses....which can be addressed easily in ways other than banning gas stoves.

Otherwise, why would asthma rates be rising now when gas stoves have been around for over 150 years...and most people cooked with fire...more of everything...before and even after they came on the scene.
    Appeal to safety is always a lever they pull to perpetuate these sorts of foolishness.

360willys

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2019
    South Bend
    Sre they trying to send us to the stone age? make everything electric then the power grid fails and engine goes to ****

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Sre they trying to send us to the stone age? make everything electric then the power grid fails and engine goes to ****

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    YES! YES they are! ("They" are all those in the climate cult, and those in power using those useful idiots to gain more power and control) The bonus is that TPTB can use the sum of those to enrich themselves and their cronies.

Always follow the money (copy right 2009, @Leadeye ) :cool:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I do not remember that. If installed to code gas lights can still be put in today as I see it. (Code requires new installs have fixtures with an ignition system, cannot be a continuously burning pilot light.)

Can you please post the federal requirement to connect to a sewer system?
    Can you post where there's a federal req. banning gas stoves?

There might be city's, just like there's city and local req. for s*** disposal.

The topic is federal overreach…
    This topic is a bunch of hand wringing over one unelected official's comments.

But, it's the internet, so carry on.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Can you post where there's a federal req. banning gas stoves?

There might be city's, just like there's city and local req. for s*** disposal.

This topic is a bunch of hand wringing over one unelected official's comments.

But, it's the internet, so carry on.

I’m over so called conservatives that cannot learn from history, this pattern has been repeated so many times. Minimizers down play the issue, conservatives puff and bluster, then in a couple of years it becomes the law.

Live happy in your normalacy bias bubble…

Top Bottom