• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Would you please elaborate on what he said.
    Beware of the military complex, they will become one of the biggest threats to freedom .. he was worried about having a standing military in peace time I believe.. I think he was afraid they would eventually be used to curtail speech and protest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Beware of the military complex, they will become one of the biggest threats to freedom .. he was worried about having a standing military in peace time I believe.. I think he was afraid they would eventually be used to curtail speech and protest.

Wasn’t that Dwight Eisenhower?

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Yes, confirmed on the record by a retired a General among others. Far more convincing than the usual NYT or MSM anonymous sourced stories so many here believe. Just a few days ago a patriot unearthed a document from Skytel, to the government of UK, that they had election monitoring servers in Frankfort Germany, it is said, again on the record, that the servers were overseen by the CIA.

If you choose to dismiss this then that jamil standard of fairness must apply to all other news as well...

In other news, do you believe the FBI and CIA were raided over the weekend in Langley VA?
    Fake news. Debunked many times....

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Two retired Generals are on record as to it happened. The kid saying he didn't need to go to the bathroom was not true, it was a coverup. Do do you believe those saying it happened or those saying not? Who has more to gain? Those saying no by my thinking. Then any MSM sources told us they would not report anything that buoyed Trump so that has to go into it as well.
    BS call out. Quote it on a RELIABLE source

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It may have been.. I was thinking fdr.. heck maybe it was both lol.. there have been a few that have warned us about similar things buy now you got me wondering lol

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    And that was pretty hypocritical of Eisenhower; given that he rode the “military-industrial complex” to the Presidency.

Once he could derive no further benefit from it, he had to tell everyone how bad it was.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

President Eisenhower warns of military-industrial complex

On January 17, 1961, Dwight D. Eisenhower ends his presidential term by warning the nation about the increasing power of the military-industrial complex.

As I was reading some of Eisenhower's statements I kept trying to imagine biden trying to be that intelligent and well spoken - c'mon man, f****** hilarious.

I think we are past the bottom rung and really in the sewer of leadership.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And that was pretty hypocritical of Eisenhower; given that he rode the “military-industrial complex” to the Presidency.

Once he could derive no further benefit from it, he had to tell everyone how bad it was.
    Is it possible (since Congress holds the purse strings after all) that he "rode" it as in a surfer "riding" the wave? The wave is in control. The surfer either rides it skillfully, or it wipes him out.

Maybe Ike was just letting people know that that is how it worked (then and now).

Top Bottom