• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    All right INGO about time I get in on all this fun, pap m92 with a Midwest industries lower hand guard, a primary arms micro rds, magpul foregrip and an sb folding triangle brace, last but not least a bakelite plum grip to break up all the black. Purchased it set up this way sans the grip and haven't decided if I like the lower angled grip with the Midwest industries handguard or not. (Thoughts on if the black wood handguard would look better??) Main usage for me would be to use this thing as my primary home defense gun, or throw it in a duffle in the back seat of my car as a truck gun, hope you all enjoy the pics! 0520211846_HDR.jpg 0520211847_HDR.jpg

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    All right INGO about time I get in on all this fun, pap m92 with a Midwest industries lower hand guard, a primary arms micro rds, magpul foregrip and an sb folding triangle brace, last but not least a bakelite plum grip to break up all the black. Purchased it set up this way sans the grip and haven't decided if I like the lower angled grip with the Midwest industries handguard or not. (Thoughts on if the black wood handguard would look better??) Main usage for me would be to use this thing as my primary home defense gun, or throw it in a duffle in the back seat of my car as a truck gun, hope you all enjoy the pics! View attachment 140773 View attachment 140774
    Sleek set-up. how much does the black wood grip you're looking at cost? I like the looks already, I think the grip adds a little bit of a traditional look yet still dark enough so it fits in very nicely with the rest of the gun. Unless the grip angle is uncomfortable I personally probably wouldn't change it.

Also can you see the irons thru the optic? just curious

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I already have the black wood grip it's the one that originally came with the gun from the factory, for the sights unfortunately I cannot see them through the optic :(
    maybe next time you shoot, bring that grip and do a swap halfway through your session. That might help you clear up which one you prefer.

And I wouldn't fret too much over the no cowitnessing of sights. If it's a defensive firearm just stay on top of battery changes, and if it's that important to you it's nothing a quick-detach red dot mount couldn't "fix" if you somehow break the optic or batteries die during serious use.

Anyway very nice little AK you've got there and welcome to INGO :ingo:

edited to add... for some reason I read your post as if you were talking about a wooden grip and not the wooden handguard :n00b:Wouldn't be as simple to swap that out at the range lol sorry for the confusion.

The current setup might dissipate heat a little better, but nice matching wood has an appeal all it's own. If you plan on mounting a flashlight then keep the current handguard.

Last edited:

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    All right INGO about time I get in on all this fun, pap m92 with a Midwest industries lower hand guard, a primary arms micro rds, magpul foregrip and an sb folding triangle brace, last but not least a bakelite plum grip to break up all the black. Purchased it set up this way sans the grip and haven't decided if I like the lower angled grip with the Midwest industries handguard or not. (Thoughts on if the black wood handguard would look better??) Main usage for me would be to use this thing as my primary home defense gun, or throw it in a duffle in the back seat of my car as a truck gun, hope you all enjoy the pics! View attachment 140773 View attachment 140774
    I like the black wood look personally-

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Arsenal SAM5. It doesn't get much smoother shooting than a milled AK in 5.56x45.

pspBixIh.jpg

Top Bottom