• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    CT is owned by the American Outdoors which owns Smith so not a shocker there given that S&W wasn't there.
    I was thinking Smith & Wesson is its own company. At least according to the stock market. I own stock in both American Outdoors and Smith & Wesson. S&W pays dividends, AOB doesn't, or at least hasn't.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I saw John Correia of Active Self Protection speak this afternoon and chatted with him afterwards.

1681692502901.jpeg

Also chatted with John Lott for a bit alter he signed a couple of books for me. All in all a really good time, glad I went.

I happened to be in the Trijicon booth when somebody came in and asked them about keeping up with Holosun. That was quite interesting. The two guys representing Trijicon literally bristled with anger and I heard one of them mutter something about not making Chinese junk.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I was thinking Smith & Wesson is its own company. At least according to the stock market. I own stock in both American Outdoors and Smith & Wesson. S&W pays dividends, AOB doesn't, or at least hasn't.
    Smith & Wesson was founded in 1852. While its ownership changed hands numerous times between 1852 and 2001, it remained a privately held company. On May 11, 2001, Saf-T-Hammer Corporation, a small, publicly traded corporation, acquired Smith & Wesson Corp. from Tomkins PLC, a U.K. holding company. On February 14, 2002, Saf-T-Hammer Corporation’s name was changed to Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation with a ticker symbol of SWHC. On January 1, 2017, the holding corporation’s name was changed to American Outdoor Brands Corporation and its ticker symbol on the Nasdaq became AOBC. On June 1, 2020, in preparation for the spin-off of its outdoor products and accessories business as an independent, publicly traded company later in the year, the corporation’s name was changed to Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. and its ticker symbol on the Nasdaq became SWBI. The spin-off was completed on August 24, 2020, at which time Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. became a pure play firearms company
    Ah, I guess they did spin back off as their own business, I'm assuming for liability, and to separate the firearms business financially, etc.

Interesting part is that on American Outdoors Brands site they are listed as a brand along with the sub brands of M&P, etc

In looking at the 10-k report for AOB, it appears that S&W licenses them quite a few trademarks, so wonder of they do that so AOB can produce all the non firearm accessories, etc under those brands,.

Last edited:

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    My 11 year old daughter and I attended today; she got to check out the youth area and she found a few things that interested her quite a bit.
    We walked in about 10:30 and left just after 1 PM.
    The crowd seemed pretty lite compared to yesterday, but I knew with the rain pouring down it might keep locals from attending until after it stopped.
    In the main hall, she really liked looking at all of the Scottish swords and other antique arms in addition to checking out a few different types of rifles.
    A Holosun 407K followed me home as well as a cool *MADE IN INDIANA* laser-cut organizing guide for AR15 lower builds. (Which my daughter told my wife and son that “we were doing soon”) check it out - https://edgeproducts.bkollar.com/product/ar-parts-holding-template/

I’m really glad I attended this year since I did not in years past.

I am also very happy that I got to share that experience with my daughter; and she got to see a whole different lens of American manufacturing and the industry tied to the firearms community vs what “just dad” talks about.

Side note… this is an Australian perspective I found on YouTube when we got home:

Fascinating to see how other nations cover American gun culture.

Last edited:

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    Did you also catch his wording at the 1:45 mark?
    I thought the camera angles were interesting too, portraying attendees a certain way and looking thru an optic to hammer a phrase home at the end.
    Propaganda is real, and how things are depicted often forms opinions for the masses, who have no firsthand knowledge.

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    Based off the 2014 & 2019 shows I agree. Even their store was smaller.

Yes, much smaller selection at the NRA store than I have seen at the other Annual Meetings I have attended. On the good side, Mr. C J Buck is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    My 11 year old daughter and I attended today; she got to check out the youth area and she found a few things that interested her quite a bit.
    We walked in about 10:30 and left just after 1 PM.
    The crowd seemed pretty lite compared to yesterday, but I knew with the rain pouring down it might keep locals from attending until after it stopped.
    In the main hall, she really liked looking at all of the Scottish swords and other antique arms in addition to checking out a few different types of rifles.
    A Holosun 407K followed me home as well as a cool *MADE IN INDIANA* laser-cut organizing guide for AR15 lower builds. (Which my daughter told my wife and son that “we were doing soon”) check it out - https://edgeproducts.bkollar.com/product/ar-parts-holding-template/

I’m really glad I attended this year since I did not in years past.

I am also very happy that I got to share that experience with my daughter; and she got to see a whole different lens of American manufacturing and the industry tied to the firearms community vs what “just dad” talks about.

Side note… this is an Australian perspective I found on YouTube when we got home:

Fascinating to see how other nations cover American gun culture.

That is really pathetic. Who sends a dork halfway around the world to trash a trade show?

Top Bottom