• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Closest hotels are already booked. Closest with availability is 1/3 mile away and over $200 per night plus taxes and fees. Cheapest around $150 + the taxes and fees

Gonna have to make a decision quick if I'm just gonna drive down for the day like last time or make a Saturday and Sunday out of it and book a room

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I saw Chuck Norris at the last one, just ran into Massad Ayoob on the street, got some swag, a few good deals, and chatted with the folks from the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network. Was a good time. Lots of firearms to look at too. A good time was had by all.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you want to stay here in town, DONT. Indianapolis proper is in the top 5 cities with the highest hotel taxes.
    Stay in Greenwood, Greenfield, Plainfield, Fishers, etc. and drive in. Its less than 15-20 minutes from those outlying cities.

The only benefit of staying here is to be in a hotel downtown connected to the convention center. Since those are full, no reason to stay in the city/county AT ALL.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If you want to stay here in town, DONT. Indianapolis proper is in the top 5-10 cities with the highest hotel taxes.
    Stay in Greenwood, Greenfield, Plainfield, Fishers, etc. and drive in. Its less than 15-20 minutes from those outlying cities.
    Yeah. I seen I believe 17% tax. Ouch. I'm cheap so if I gotta drive in not much different from 3 miles to 15 miles

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah. I seen I believe 17% tax. Ouch. I'm cheap so if I gotta drive in not much different from 3 miles to 15 miles
    Hotels in this area are fast and outside Indy. and only a $30/night premium on average for the event weekend.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I saw Chuck Norris at the last one, just ran into Massad Ayoob on the street, got some swag, a few good deals, and chatted with the folks from the Armed Citizen's Legal Defense Network. Was a good time. Lots of firearms to look at too. A good time was had by all.

I met Gunny and Colion.
    Well, I saw Gunny, and didn't want to wait in line, or bother the guy since his hand was probably wearing out from shaking hands.
    And I said Hi to Colion.

But, on Sunday, vendors were wanting to get rid of stuff and not have to pack it up.
    Picked up some rifle bags for half price.

Top Bottom