Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    “The options are limited,” he said. “You can’t really ask them for a handgun license because the law won’t be required anymore and unless there’s information to further that investigation, you conduct your traffic stop, run a records check, and if there’s nothing else prohibiting that person from owning a weapon, a felony count or anything like that, then they get to go on their business.”

What a crying ****ing shame that would be. He probably just described 99.9% of us.

GTFOGGW

(Get the **** Out of the Good Guys’ Way)
    The thing is, this is false. They CAN still ASK for LTCH... The absence of one just is no longer a crime, just as in Pinner, the presence of a gun, in and of itself, is not a reason to detain.

Is it easier for police to be able to instantly say, "no license, you're under arrest"? Sure it is. but easier is not the way of liberty.

I am a nurse. It would be far easier for me to be able to enter my own orders for a patient's care, on my own authority and based on my own knowledge, and there are times that a doc would, I'm sure, prefer I did so rather than waking them up for some insignificant order, like a Tums for an upset stomach or a benadryl to help someone sleep. No can do, though... I can't go the easy route. The order has to come from a doc or a mid-level provider.

I don't see the law making my job any easier, and mine is usually just a comfort thing. Liberty is much more important.

Pass the law, Eric.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I completely agree and get the point. 7 helps me understand but there have been people in Virginia who applied and didn't realize they had a warrant for their arrest due to things like failure to appear. They went to buy a gun and the state police showed up at the gun store. Not knowing they had a failure to appear warrant. Might be different here. It's not a failing process. I don't agree we should have to do anything But if you can pass a background check to buy you should be able to carry without a permit once the law passes. From what I'm reading, if you own a gun you still have to be eligible to carry. The eligibility to carry should be voided if the state is CC I'm just confused as to why one wouldn't be able to get a permit yet, still be able to legally purchase or own a firearm.

I understand now. What I was trying to say (in my head) was If you can pass the background check by filling out a 4473, that's all it should take. The law still in effect makes no sense. The fingerprint process, waiting on approval at local and state levels but you can walk in, fill out a 4473 and walk out with a gun in 5 minutes seems ridiculous. I understand section 7 now better but I don't agree with that reading. The eligibility or ineligibility to carry should be voided if the state is Constitutional Carry AND you are legally able to purchase a gun. I read into this bill too much.

To me, Constitutional Carry represents the right to carry whether you're able to get a permit or not. If I can buy a gun legally, I should be able to carry. No permit needed. "The right to keep and bear arms" is not also, "The right to keep and bear arms in your house only" I have that right to keep and bear anywhere I wish. So to say, sure you can buy a gun legally but you can't carry it because you aren't eligible, permit or not, for some reason, doesn't sit well with me.
    I much prefer this system to a state- or local gov’t-issued “permit to purchase”, as some states have and as the antis want.

Let’s not forget that the original “carry permits” were used to keep “the wrong people” from being armed, say, to stop the people burning crosses on their lawns. It was expected that a man carried a gun, usu openly, so one needed a permit to conceal it. Slowly, the paradigm shifted and it became unusual for an honest man to go armed, entrusting his safety instead to gov’t. Maybe that’s why Carter and other police don’t want us to carry…. We’d put them out of work.

But yeah, for me, if we are going to restrict, restrict carry rather than purchase… ideally, restrict neither. Go after, instead, the people doing harm to others.

Blessings,
    Bill

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I received voice mail, but thanks to the knowledge from above, I was able to hopefully check most of their boxes. (live in Indiana, want HEA1296 signed, expect the Gov. to honor his oath and his Party's platform, etc....)

Hopefully my call going to voice mail means they are being inudated by INGO'ers burning up the phone line.

ETA: After a couple of minutes thought, I wouldn't be surprised if the well organized anti's do not intentionally game the system. With the proliferation of cell phones an area code is no longer a reliable indicator of where a caller is from. WAY to easy for an anti to just outright lie as to their location I would think. I can envision legions of ANTI demanding mommies from both coasts calling each State in turn which dares to restore freedom.

Last edited:

Truth45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 1, 2022
    NWI
    IMO, he will choose what he believes is in his own best interests.
    Agreed. If he vetos, possibly political demise, if he signs or does nothing then likely he will garner the same or more support amongst the normies but it seems a lot of us on here understand his true allegiance(Globalists/D.C Swamp), no matter what he does and his allegiance is not to We The People. Indiana needs an uncomproming thick skinned tough MAGA America First candidate for governor with a true backbone. Any takers? Lol

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Still 29, same as yesterday. 5 PM document dump coming?
    I anticipate this.

No offense, but I'm beginning to wonder if, in his heart, he really is not a strong 2A supporter and doesn't want to sign it. :dunno:
    None taken, but even if he doesn't want to, I still think he will take a chance for his political future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom