• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Stop by. ! You still head this way?? Grant county. Didn’t you used to go to bluffton? Sorry if I have you confused with someone else!
    That's meeeeeeeeee

We'll be "nearby" this weekend. Wedding in Van Wert. Think we'll be staying in Decatur.

But - zero free time. :-(

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    Got three the other day. I leave the ones I get out as decoys. Almost always on those days I have a hawk that comes by for an easy meal. He picked one up after this heavy snow this week. I figured he probably needed it after the nasty weather.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    They kill native cavity nesting hatchlings like tree swallows, martins and bluebirds. I have sent a few to meet bird Jesus this year with my air gun.
    Last spring I got about 225 or so. And then this winter I hit them hard and got about 60. Supposed to get them down as much as possible during winter when they are weakest. Little or no nest. No leaves to hide in. Cold and hungry. This spring hasn’t been as bad as the first year I got started. It’s nice to see so many native birds back. Yea I’m never gonna wipe them all out here, but at least the native birds have a decent spot to live and the starlings aren’t wiping out my feeders. I had to get some of this hunters uv killer. It does help because starlings are hard to kill.

+1 today so far.

Epicenity

shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    Last spring I got about 225 or so. ...(and other stuff)
    That's a lot! I'm not in a reasonable place to use firearms so I can't take to many. It makes me sad anyway, it's not really their fault....

On the plus side, I have all three of the birds I mentioned above this year! (first time)

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    +1 on Saturday. I’ve only got smaller flocks under 6 that I sometimes see. As well as the lone starling. I think they sometimes follow the bluebirds. I have to keep up on the starlings or they wipe me out of mealworms.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    I leave them out for the possums at night. And I usually have a hawk that comes by for one if it’s early enough. They are almost always gone in the morning.

Gibsmedat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2021
    Greenwood
    +5 on Wednesday. Set out some mealworms for the bluebirds, and those starlings just couldn’t stay away. They can wipe out the bowl within minutes if I’m not watching. Hate those things so much.

Top Bottom